Who'll make the team??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who'll make the team???

Who of these offensive weapons will make the team??

• Avon Coubourne (RB)

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Alex Holmes(TE)

Votes: 34 21.8%
  • Ben Moa (RB)

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Brian Gilmore (WR)

Votes: 73 46.8%
  • Derrius Thompson (WR)

Votes: 107 68.6%
  • Donald Lee (TE)

Votes: 87 55.8%
  • Forsey Brock (RB)

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Josh Davis (WR)

Votes: 46 29.5%
  • Kendall Newson (WR)

Votes: 36 23.1%
  • Kevin Jermaine Harris (RB)

Votes: 74 47.4%
  • Maurice Mann (WR)

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Ronald Bellamy (WR)

Votes: 21 13.5%
  • Travis Minor (RB)

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • Vick King (RB)

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Victor Sesa(TE)

Votes: 9 5.8%

• Total voters

MexDolfan

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
There's big impact overall in recent Saban's days.

We now have Ronnie Brown, a rookie RB able to make defense worry about him. Some signals are that Ricky Williams will return in July and may play after september, so there's another bulk RB in the formation. But our offense won't be one horsed again, so Saban contracted as many excellent RB as he could. Put in your mind Saban wants flexibility so he's searching for some multidimensional RB. Lamar Gordon is a special case because Nick may use him as a starter if RW doesn't comes back.
- Travis Minor, Forsey Brock, Vick King, Ben Moa, Avon Coubourne, Kevin Jermaine Harris

TE is a must under Linehan's system as many players are being tested this week for that position, but Randy McMichael is the starter by far. Again flexible, adaptable and explosive player are on the eye. Ed Perry is also LS.
- Donald Lee, Alex Holmes, Victor Sesay

Among that kind of adaptable players is Wes Welker KR/WR/K.

No one seems to move Chris Chambers as our #1 WR. The 2th spot is likely the same that last year with Marty Booker. But also Linehan needs good WR to suit his scheme, more passing that running. And Saban and his crew are searching among several players, including lots of rookies.
- Brian Gilmore, Derrius Thompson, Ronald Bellamy, Maurice Mann, Kendall Newson, Josh Davis

While QB is under pressure, there's a two horses ride. Adam Joshua Feeley versus Gus Frerrotte.
With Brock Berlin and Sage Rosenfelds as developmental backups.

Now this thread wants to put something to guess. Who (and why) of this offensive men will make the team?

All I can tell you is Randy and Coach Saban talked, and Saban asked Randy if he would mind being more involved in the blocking schemes. Randy kindly declined, it's contract year for him. Which led me to believe there will be a third TE that will be a good blocking TE.

tought to say i can tell u that adam joshua feely will prolly beat out gus ferotte

Thompson will make the team, as the third or fourth WR on the depth chart. It depends on what happens with Boston or Hakim

Alot of these guys probably will be on practice squad. Thompson because I dont think Newson, Gilmore or Davis can challenge him for the 3rd or 4th spot. The running backs though is up for grabs. Harris may beat out minor. Who really knows till the pads come on.

brock berlin wont make it sage is better, minor is gone because KJ harris is going to take his spot, should keep Thompson for this year, and donald lee has a slim chance if they bring someone else in

you tried to trick us by spelling out Kay Jay Harris's full name. :lol:

powerhouse4286 said:
brock berlin wont make it sage is better, minor is gone because KJ harris is going to take his spot, should keep Thompson for this year, and donald lee has a slim chance if they bring someone else in
dude your rippin of njphin offwithyour avatar!

I am pulling for Gilmore! I think given a better chance this kid will be another threat that teams will have to at least think about! Give him regular reps, and I think his hands will get better, due to playing time, and get used to the quarterback!

Phinsfan1980 said:
you tried to trick us by spelling out Kay Jay Harris's full name. :lol:
I'm sorry about it, but in my opinion, those AJ, KJ and other initials turns their names into babies.
I'm trying to change the way i see our QB by knowing his name (Adam Joshua), so i did the same for a potential RB. ;)

Phinsdude said:
All I can tell you is Randy and Coach Saban talked, and Saban asked Randy if he would mind being more involved in the blocking schemes. Randy kindly declined, it's contract year for him. Which led me to believe there will be a third TE that will be a good blocking TE.

Is there a link to this conversation? I find it hard to believe that Saban would go up to any player and plead with them to do something rather than tell him.

nick19991 said:
Thompson will make the team, as the third or fourth WR on the depth chart. It depends on what happens with Boston or Hakim
As i see it that may be unworthy, if Boston cames back or Hakim gets in the mix, all Saban wants from every player is flexibility.
In WR's case, Coach Saban wants his player to run speedy several routes, to catch the ball, to block like walls, and be able to make tricky plays.
Maybe David Boston is far from that functions and Hakim may not be ideal for everything. I also hope Thompson will improve in muscle power in order to become that Saban's complete WR.

FinsAreLife said:
tought to say i can tell u that adam joshua feely will prolly beat out gus ferotte

What are you AJ's mom? who calls him by his full name besides his mother when he's in trouble :roflmao: :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom