Who's coming, going and staying could cast doubt on Dolphins' long-term vision | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's coming, going and staying could cast doubt on Dolphins' long-term vision

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
The 2019 Miami Dolphins have six players who were first-round picks, traded away two former first-round picks during the first month of the season, and will acquire at least five more first-rounders in the 2020 and 2021 drafts to fuel their extensive rebuilding process.

Miami is also the early favorite to land the No. 1 pick in the 2020 draft, if the Dolphins keep up their historically bad start to their 0-4 season.

With great power, in the NFL draft, comes great responsibility for the Dolphins. Their front office coaching staff and scouting department hope to make the most of their unique opportunity.

But the Dolphins’ recent history of drafting, cultivating, trading away and acquiring first-round picks creates even more doubt about the franchise’s long-term vision and the decision-makers seeing this franchise overhaul through.

“I feel like I’ve done OK. I’m trying to make the most out of what I can do. I’m not where I want to be right now. But there’s room for improvement, and I have another chance to make plays"

Nothing like a DVP quote to stoke the competitive fire. :up:

I think its critical for Miami to build the offense first. I'm assuming this tank is all about getting a franchise type quarterback, probably Tua. So, if that is the case the team needs to build the offensive line and get him some weapons. The Dolphins currently don't have anyone on offense that would scare a defense. There are complementary pieces, but not many.

The team also has a unique situation in free agency. Miami can spend big without hurting the team down the road. By the time the 2019, 2020, 2021 draft picks need to be paid those salaries could be lower, or expired. I would go after offensive linemen, two starters, if there are any in free agency. Even a Suh type of deal wouldn't hurt this team. Who on the roster deserves to be paid right now? There's no one.

I think its critical for Miami to build the offense first. I'm assuming this tank is all about getting a franchise type quarterback, probably Tua. So, if that is the case the team needs to build the offensive line and get him some weapons. The Dolphins currently don't have anyone on offense that would scare a defense. There are complementary pieces, but not many.

The team also has a unique situation in free agency. Miami can spend big without hurting the team down the road. By the time the 2019, 2020, 2021 draft picks need to be paid those salaries could be lower, or expired. I would go after offensive linemen, two starters, if there are any in free agency. Even a Suh type of deal wouldn't hurt this team. Who on the roster deserves to be paid right now? There's no one.

You’re out of your ****ing mind. Another Suh type deal?????? Good God no thanks. Only a QB is allowed that kind of salary, and he better be a true franchise QB at that

Although a Suh type deal may work monetarily, it is foolish to devote that type of capital on any one player.

I am still not sold on Tua; He may be our chosen one but I'll wait until the college season ends. If our teams identifies another QB worthy then I would start playing poker to trade out of the 1st spot to 3-6 spot plus more picks this year and next. Need DE, Tackle, Gaurd, Receiver and CB in free agency. I would then Draft QB (or DE), DE (or QB), CB, Tackle, Gaurd, Safety, Receiver (top 7 picks in that order). The rest of draft is for special teams: LB, TE, DT, CB.

I've been saying we've got probably 4-6 players who will be with us long term. Maybe Taco Charlton and possibly Nkemdeche could join them, but it's a short list.

I've been saying we've got probably 4-6 players who will be with us long term. Maybe Taco Charlton and possibly Nkemdeche could join them, but it's a short list.
Think it's a few more than that, but not by much...
Build around:
Howard
Macmillan
Williams
Dieter
Prince
Wilkins
Van Ginkel
Grant (due to contract)
And a few of:
Rosen (I want him on the list above but we'll see)
Drake
Parker
Baker
Harris
Gisicki (if the light finally goes on)
Godchaux
Charlton
Nkemdeche
Calhoun ??
Tankersley (if he can get healthy)
Sanders (starting to slide)
And maybe a few other young guys impress.

Man, we have a lot of holes to fill...

The 2019 Miami Dolphins have six players who were first-round picks, traded away two former first-round picks during the first month of the season, and will acquire at least five more first-rounders in the 2020 and 2021 drafts to fuel their extensive rebuilding process.

Miami is also the early favorite to land the No. 1 pick in the 2020 draft, if the Dolphins keep up their historically bad start to their 0-4 season.

With great power, in the NFL draft, comes great responsibility for the Dolphins. Their front office coaching staff and scouting department hope to make the most of their unique opportunity.

But the Dolphins’ recent history of drafting, cultivating, trading away and acquiring first-round picks creates even more doubt about the franchise’s long-term vision and the decision-makers seeing this franchise overhaul through.

Since we traded our former 2 first round picks that were taken early in the prior drafts for 3 first round picks in the upcoming draft that might likly be in the bottom of the first round have we really gained that much?

Big FA contracts is not the way to build a champion. Look at SB winners since 2014, mostly won w/ players drafted by that team. 2014 when Seattle won, 9 of 11 def starters drafted by SEA.

You’re out of your ****ing mind. Another Suh type deal?????? Good God no thanks. Only a QB is allowed that kind of salary, and he better be a true franchise QB at that

It's 2019 Suh type of deals are going to be more and more common. At 19 miller per Suh would be the 6th highest paid defensive player in the NFL right now. Good but not great DE's like Frank Clark and Trey Flowers are getting paid 20 million and 18 million per right now. If Charles Harris was actually a good DE he'd be getting paid 18 million+ soon.

If there's a young, elite player in free agency why not? You have to overpay in free agency anyway. Saying that, you rarely see those types of players reach free agency. To start, I'd be happy with a couple of solid starters on the offensive line.

If there's a young, elite player in free agency why not? You have to overpay in free agency anyway. Saying that, you rarely see those types of players reach free agency. To start, I'd be happy with a couple of solid starters on the offensive line.

I think you need to take another look at that Suh deal, it was criminal. Yes, we will always overpay for talent here and there but not on the same idiotic level of that Suh deal. Crazy **** that was

Back
Top Bottom