Who's coming, going and staying could cast doubt on Dolphins' long-term vision | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's coming, going and staying could cast doubt on Dolphins' long-term vision

I think you need to take another look at that Suh deal, it was criminal. Yes, we will always overpay for talent here and there but not on the same idiotic level of that Suh deal. Crazy **** that was

That was Tannenbaum's M.O. At least one big splash every year.

I think you need to take another look at that Suh deal, it was criminal. Yes, we will always overpay for talent here and there but not on the same idiotic level of that Suh deal. Crazy **** that was
It was a bad deal for Miami, no doubt. The player was great, but it took six years for another team to pay more for a defensive player with Aaron Donald, I believe.

My main point was the Dolphins could get away with a deal like that with the current roster and not lose talent because of it.

I think its critical for Miami to build the offense first. I'm assuming this tank is all about getting a franchise type quarterback, probably Tua. So, if that is the case the team needs to build the offensive line and get him some weapons. The Dolphins currently don't have anyone on offense that would scare a defense. There are complementary pieces, but not many.

I couldn't agree more, I hope the Phins spend 80% of their draft/FA capital on the offense. It's an offensive league now. We haven't had an exciting offense since Marino. Offense is what sells tickets; it's what gets you in the national discussion. Just poor all of your resources into it, get us averaging 30 PPG. Draft a RB no later than the 2nd round.

I wouldn't be against a corner and a DE this year, but concentrate on the defense in 2021. This year give us an exciting product and put up some points!

Draft a RB no later than the 2nd round.

Not much difference between the Jonathan Taylor (possible 1st rounder) and say, DJ Dallas (4th-5th rounder)...strictly from a NFL projection. Say Taylor is a better runner..how much better considering the o-lines. Who's better in pass pro...pass catching?

If we waste draft capital on a RB before the 3rd round...I'm pissed. Heck, I'm not too happy about one on the 4th either.

You’re out of your ****ing mind. Another Suh type deal?????? Good God no thanks. Only a QB is allowed that kind of salary, and he better be a true franchise QB at that
Only a QB or a non-QB named Aaron Donald. That guy is an absolute wrecking machine. Problem with Suh is that he peaked before coming to the phins and we were paying for peak Suh.

Not much difference between the Jonathan Taylor (possible 1st rounder) and say, DJ Dallas (4th-5th rounder)...strictly from a NFL projection. Say Taylor is a better runner..how much better considering the o-lines. Who's better in pass pro...pass catching?

If we waste draft capital on a RB before the 3rd round...I'm pissed. Heck, I'm not too happy about one on the 4th either.
I would be to ma with J taylor/ or Harris in the second round.. People laughed at dalles when they picked Emmett in the first. He turned out pretty good.

I would be to ma with J taylor/ or Harris in the second round.. People laughed at dalles when they picked Emmett in the first. He turned out pretty good.
The running game was emphasized then. That said, Smith joined a team (1990) that had Nate Newton, Mark Stepnowski, Mark Tuinei, and Darryl Johnson. Two years later they draft Eric Williams...two years after that, Larry Allen.

It was set up perfectly for him.

The running game was emphasized then. That said, Smith joined a team (1990) that had Nate Newton, Mark Stepnowski, Mark Tuinei, and Darryl Johnson. Two years later they draft Eric Williams...two years after that, Larry Allen.

It was set up perfectly for him.

He was a very good RB but I refuse to acknowledge him as one of the greats Like Brown, OJ, Sanders and Payton

Back
Top Bottom