Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Chad Henne

Votes: 31 24.2%
  • Jared Odrick

Votes: 17 13.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 24.2%

• Total voters
The smart answer is Sean Smith. I think he learned his lesson last year.

But Lord, please let it be Chad Henne.

Wouldn't the smart answer be Soliai? I mean he already came into camp underweight and ready to go so he can get a big fat paycheck after this season.

Daniel Thomas

Rookie RBs have the shortest learning curve. DT should have a chance to earn the featured role (I see Bush better off as a utility player and PR). If an OL of Long-Garner-Pouncey-Jerry-Carey plays up to it's potential, then the upside is high for DT - even if we have just average QB play. We still have a nice D and plenty of weapons for a nice ground game to emerge.

I was going to vote for Matt Ryan but unfortunately he wasn't on the list?! I figured with as many hardon's that many posters have for him that he would have been on the list...

Hopefully Henne on offense, that improves us the most.

For defense I'll say Sean Smith stats wise (could have broke out last year if he just held on to the picks) however I think Vontae will emerge to be more of a shut down guy.

We NEED a breakout year from Sean Smith. Hopefully he hit the weight room and jugs machine this offseason.

paul solai already broke out...thats weak sauce to go there...same for the usual suspects

i'm gonna throw out a real sleeper who possesses very high end tools but imo just needs reps...and at boundary cb...nolan carroll...this kids got elite tools...great short area burst and acceleration...solid looking feet...can really run

personally i think and yeah i'm gonna say it he's got better boundary cb tools and skillset than gulp sean smith...nolan carroll has high end physical tools...sean smith to me long term is not a great boundary cb fit...his value falls in his versatility imo...you can line him up all over the field and over te's etc

i say marshall. it seems that he has gotten help on off the field, and his offseason was suppose to be his best.

i say marshall. it seems that he has gotten help on off the field, and his offseason was suppose to be his best.

With Marshall coming out about his condition, it may rally the guys around him in support and build a stronger bond. These types of things are the catalyst to synergy and continuity; Think the Saints after Katrina.

I agree with hoops that Soliai's already had his breakout year. Shouldn't be on the list. I like Nolan Carroll too but unless a few people get hurt he's not going to have enough reps to show his stuff. He's not ready to play the nickel (should be Will Allen's spot, imo). We could see Carroll on the boundary at times when Smith's playing "rover" in dime formations, but that's a specialty situation and depending on the offensive personnel it could be Will Allen out there instead (especially against a team like the Patriots, who use Hernandez like a WR). With Crowder gone and Burnett here (and Edds healthy) I think there will be less of a need for Smith to play rover, but we'll see.

For me, the logical answer to the question is one most people have been saying: Vontae and Sean Smith. One or the other. Or both. I think we could also see Karlos Dansby have a monster kind of season. Something that occurred to me as I was watching film on Kevin Burnett is that we've been searching this whole offseason for an additional pass rusher to take the pressure off of Wake. With Burnett being such an adept coverage linebacker, it could, you know... be Dansby. He was a 4-3 outside linebacker his first several years in Arizona and is an adept blitzer and pass rusher. He had 8 sacks in '06. Without having to panic that there are no coverage linebackers on the team (Crowder and Dobbins are the pits as far as coverage goes), a guy like Burnett -- who's actually not a bad blitzer himself -- will potentially give Dansby a lot more chances to take shots at the quarterback by being able to cover the middle of the field.

One guy I'd really like to see take a big step is John Jerry. The thought of having to watch Pat McQuistan play football again makes me throw up in my mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that Bess could have a Wes Welker type of year, if the QB situation doesnt blow up this year.

personally i think will allen gets cut or traded in camp...i think carroll will show enough they feel confident parting ways...but i'm not a big fan of carroll as the nickle...i just really like his skillset on the boundary...if he starts to trust himself a little more and lets those physical skills take over watch out...the kids got an awful lot of talent

anyways...i agree with magoo on dansby...he's a year into the system and he's a very heady player who can really run for his size and has good instincts...he should have a big year...love me some karlos dansby

john jerrys puzzling he got sick and never could get his mo jo back...but damn did he show good feet and good punch in his hands during the preseason...the weight loss killed him...personally i think he's got solid nfl right tackle feet also...if mcq with his business in the front party in the back due plays i'm gonna blow chunks...guys an awful move player...and a liability off the snap in pass pro also...looked like a damn turnstile out there

So who do have playing the nickel? Surely you'd agree Will Allen would be better in that role than Benny Sapp.

Other: Reshad Jones

Expecting good things from him this year. And by year 3 he could be killing out there as a ball-hawk.

Back
Top Bottom