Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Chad Henne

Votes: 31 24.2%
  • Jared Odrick

Votes: 17 13.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 24.2%

• Total voters
So who do have playing the nickel? Surely you'd agree Will Allen would be better in that role than Benny Sapp.

i'd probably agree with that but unless i'm mistaken will allens still making like $5 mil and i think they want to get out of that number...by trade if possible if not cut

i'm one of those people who think benny sapp in press man is a solid nickle cb...if he can get his hands on you he can stay in your hip...but he's not a off man or zone nickle cb...he doesn't have the elite short area quickness or acceleration and when guys make cuts on him and he's bailing he can't recover fast enough and burst back to the ball...to me in off man and zone he's close to pitch and catch...but he's not expensive and that could win out...and he can be if asked an effective nickle blitzer...and he'll tackle your ***

i love me some vontae but i've grown tired of the brain farts that he has...its been the same thing with him since he was at illinios...fully capable of dominating an opponent but then sometimes he looks just disinterested...it bothers me...

but his physical talents are off the charts...maybe i just expect more because of the jaw dropping physical ability he possesses...this kid could be a top 3 cb but he just looks like he's going thru the motions sometimes...

its like i want to run out there with some ****ing smelling salts sometimes

Koa Misi. With teams looking to double Wake after his breakout season, Misi will have a huge opportunity to get some licks on the passer. Also, as mentioned the addition of Burnett improves the linebacking corps overall and allows the Phins to bring more pressure in general and I think Misi will be a beneficiary of that. The Dolphins need a solid pass rusher on the other side of Wake (all great pass rushers usually have a guy playing opposite him that can get 8-10 sacks a year to keep the offense honest on their blocking schemes (Think Jason Taylor and Ogunleye or Strahan and Umenyiora, or Bruce Smith and Phil Hansen) and the fact that they haven't really sought to bring anyone in makes me think that they believe Misi has the tools to be that guy.

I'm pretty sure Will Allen renegotiated his deal already. I remember him saying that in an interview.

I agree about Vontae and his brain farts. The only other thing holding him back is that he's got short arms. But otherwise, the guy has all the tools.

maybe will did but a guy who's 30 plus at a position as physically demanding as cb coming off major knee surgery is not someone i'm betting on...and in the nickle you need guys who can match those ultra quick shifty slot wrs...to me given the obstacles its hard to bet on or count on will allen

we'll see if he can fend off father time

as for vontae i think his quick acceleration and burst make up for his admittedly less than ideal arm length

I'll go with Sean Smith. He catches those INT's this year and ends the season with 6+ INT's, and his INT's will end up winning a couple games for us.

maybe will did but a guy who's 30 plus at a position as physically demanding as cb coming off major knee surgery is not someone i'm betting on...and in the nickle you need guys who can match those ultra quick shifty slot wrs...to me given the obstacles its hard to bet on or count on will allen

we'll see if he can fend off father time

as for vontae i think his quick acceleration and burst make up for his admittedly less than ideal arm length

I think one of Will Allen or Benny Sapp's days are numbered. Nolan Carrol, Jimmy Wilson and Nate Ness will all be looking for reps and all three are versatile enough to contribute in multiple ways (all 3 on special teams, Ness at FS, Carrol as a slot corner). I think it's safe to say that one of Allen or Sapp will not be on the opening day roster.

I think one of Will Allen or Benny Sapp's days are numbered. Nolan Carrol, Jimmy Wilson and Nate Ness will all be looking for reps and all three are versatile enough to contribute in multiple ways (all 3 on special teams, Ness at FS, Carrol as a slot corner). I think it's safe to say that one of Allen or Sapp will not be on the opening day roster.

i'd agree with that...and i think they'd float them both and if anyone had trade value around the league at this point imo it would be will allen...but in the event they can't find a partner i think it could come down to who makes the most money...and i'd be pretty surprised if sapp makes more than will allen even with the restructure...but who knows

but i'm also depending on nolan carroll to show well enough in camp where parting with will allen could happen...

and you might be right about ness at free safety...cause from what i've seen he doesn't have great physical skills for the boundary cb...not quick twitch enough imo

i'd agree with that...and i think they'd float them both and if anyone had trade value around the league at this point imo it would be will allen...but in the event they can't find a partner i think it could come down to who makes the most money...and i'd be pretty surprised if sapp makes more than will allen even with the restructure...but who knows

but i'm also depending on nolan carroll to show well enough in camp where parting with will allen could happen...

and you might be right about ness at free safety...cause from what i've seen he doesn't have great physical skills for the boundary cb...not quick twitch enough imo

Ness is a more natural safety in my opinion with some ability to play corner. He played safety in college and was a darn good one. He's not quite a ball hawk, but he's a solid tackler, has good play recognition and plays with great awareness. Plus, in college he had a knack for coming up big on 3rd downs. With Amaya going to NO in the Bush trade, I think Ness gets another look at Safety.

Ness is a more natural safety in my opinion with some ability to play corner. He played safety in college and was a darn good one. He's not quite a ball hawk, but he's a solid tackler, has good play recognition and plays with great awareness. Plus, in college he had a knack for coming up big on 3rd downs. With Amaya going to NO in the Bush trade, I think Ness gets another look at Safety.

my only concern with ness at safety is can i depend on him to come up in run support and take on a downhill rb...will he come up in the hole and make a tackle...or is he gonna dive at legs etc and make a half *** effort... not many conversion guys are willing to put their body in harms way but at safety you have to be...

at the same time though if you got a guy who doesn't make many plays on the ball at free safety you pretty much got yourself an average one...at best

as for reshad jones ball skills are very good...physical tackler will come up in run support and light your *** up...but struggles out of his pedal in his transition and stiff hipped...

like him so much more at strong safety...if he's responsible for a deep zone vertical speed guys eat up his cushion and then run by him in a nanosecond...just can't flip his hips all that well...

i see a liability as a deep vertical coverage player at free safety....move him to strong and let him be the replacement for yeremiah bell

as for reshad jones ball skills are very good...physical tackler will come up in run support and light your *** up...but struggles out of his pedal in his transition and stiff hipped...

like him so much more at strong safety...if he's responsible for a deep zone vertical speed guys eat up his cushion and then run by him in a nanosecond...just can't flip his hips all that well...

i see a liability as a deep vertical coverage player at free safety....move him to strong and let him be the replacement for yeremiah bell

You think Jimmy Wilson will amount to anything? I've heard a couple good things about him in practice so far.. and he looks way bigger than I thought he'd look

my only concern with ness at safety is can i depend on him to come up in run support and take on a downhill rb...will he come up in the hole and make a tackle...or is he gonna dive at legs etc and make a half *** effort... not many conversion guys are willing to put their body in harms way but at safety you have to be...

at the same time though if you got a guy who doesn't make many plays on the ball at free safety you pretty much got yourself an average one...at best

He absolutely will stick his nose in on a RB. Dude is a competitor and while he isn't a 'lay the wood' type safety, he's not afraid of contact. The fact is, he IS a natural safety that converted to CB in the NFL, likely as a way to make a roster. It's not that he doesn't make plays on the ball (5 picks his Junior year), it's just not his strongest suit. He's more of a 'right place, right time' kind of guy who will capitalize on a mistake, rather than a guy who is going to overcome a receiver, win the space and make a spectacular pick.

Back
Top Bottom