Who’s our DB coach? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who’s our DB coach?

Team needed him where they needed him and he whined like a bitch about it. Great player . . . glad we recouped our first rounder tho.

I'm rolling with the guys I got.
He wasn't fit to play where we needed him. Coaches needed to figure that out. He was misused and we blew it. It is what it is, but it is 100% on the FO and coaches.

Clearly, the defensive back position coach is doing a great job. I believe the key is that Coach Flo defined a clear vision about the process and tenants of the team. The entire coaching staff is on the same page, and everyone is delivering a consistent message. The players trust the coaches because the message is consistent and the coaches take blame for mistakes made by the coaching staff. This is what it looks like when everyone buys into the process.

I know Fitzpatrick wanted to be traded because he wasn’t happy with how the coaches were using him. Yet I blame the coaches for their inability to use Kilpatrick properly. Right now it appears the Steelers have easily won this trade. The Dolphins will likely get a pick in the late teens to early 20’s while the Steelers now have the best safety in the NFL.

I was never happy with losing Fitzpatrick and even thought the DB’s are playing better, none of them are the all pro type player Fitzpatrick is. I think the trading of Fitzpatrick is going to go down as one of the worst trades in Dolphin history.

I know Fitzpatrick wanted to be traded because he wasn’t happy with how the coaches were using him. Yet I blame the coaches for their inability to use Kilpatrick properly. Right now it appears the Steelers have easily won this trade. The Dolphins will likely get a pick in the late teens to early 20’s while the Steelers now have the best safety in the NFL.

I was never happy with losing Fitzpatrick and even thought the DB’s are playing better, none of them are the all pro type player Fitzpatrick is. I think the trading of Fitzpatrick is going to go down as one of the worst trades in Dolphin history.

:nap:

Look it would be great to know the inner workings of what happened with Fitz and Drake. Ross spoke to Fitz so it appears we wanted to keep him but the 2 bama boys wanted out cause they didn't believe in these coaches. Now on the other side of the coin we have these coaches getting this group of no names to play much better than anyone expected.

I'm not sure I saw anyone in the secondary have a bad game today. Those guys were the difference in the game. They fought for every ball. Quite a contrast from the Pittsburgh game when Randolph just threw it up for grabs because he knew our DB's wouldn't touch it.
It was kind of amazing to not be cursing Rowe's name for a single game. Still needs to be released though.

He is doing a good job coaching up a bunch of no name guys. Anyone else impressed?

These are the defensive coaching assignments:

Defensive Coordinator - Patrick Graham
Safety's - Tony Oden
Corner Backs - Josh Boyer, who is also the Pass Game Coordinator
Linebackers - Rob Leonard
Defensive Line - Marion Hobby
Coaching Assistants - Charles Burks & Shawn Flaherty

He's a player, not a coach and neither are we.
Not sure where you're going with this. Yes, he's a player. A player who knows where he is most comfortable. Our coaches and FO blew it. That's pretty obvious. Now, we need to move on and figure out how to replace him.

:bobdole:

Back
Top Bottom