Who’s our DB coach? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who’s our DB coach?

It absolutely was their fault. He wanted out because they weren't playing him at the correct position. He didn't want to leave because he didn't want to be in Miami. He wanted to leave because he knew he wasn't being used right.
This is such a dumb excuse that Fitz himself was using. Look, as a secondary, you're either in man coverage, zone coverage, or blitzing. Who gives a **** if you're called a CB, FS, Nickel Corner, LB, or SS. He rarely blitzed, so he was almost always in coverage, what was he complaining about, the F or S in front of Safety? He was our best defender at times but also really appeared to regress in the preseason when his mom came out saying he was "out of position".

He showed multiple times that he wasnt team-first with these position statements.

This is such a dumb excuse that Fitz himself was using. Look, as a secondary, you're either in man coverage, zone coverage, or blitzing. Who gives a **** if you're called a CB, FS, Nickel Corner, LB, or SS. He rarely blitzed, so he was almost always in coverage, what was he complaining about, the F or S in front of Safety? He was our best defender at times but also really appeared to regress in the preseason when his mom came out saying he was "out of position".

He showed multiple times that he wasnt team-first with these position statements.
Maybe, but he is playing the position he wants in Pittsburgh, and he is lighting it up. He's had huge plays fir them in every game he had played. He's got a few TDs too. As a fan, I'd rather have him here.

They played the worst WR corps in the NFL and did well. That’s encouraging- They’re not that bad

Clearly, a healthy TY would have led to a loss. The encouraging fact is the secondary is competing. I stipulate these DBs would struggle versus better talent within the WR corps.

He wasn't fit to play where we needed him. Coaches needed to figure that out. He was misused and we blew it. It is what it is, but it is 100% on the FO and coaches.

So … a 2nd year PLAYER gets to demand where a seasoned COACHING staff places him in a NEW and DEVELOPING system … whew some of the butt hurt around here is not easy to hear … maybe he and his family should work in the FO … he was a part of a team called the Miami Dolphins... not the Fitzpatrick Divas … don't like it? Do what he did and quit on your team … take Jones with you IMO

Get on board or go somewhere else … we have a TEAM to build

One thing I'm noticing is that TEs are no longer killing us.
When we switched Eric Rowe to S, we stuck him on TEs and it seems to be his niche that he's good at. Great coaching move to see this.

Not sure where you're going with this. Yes, he's a player. A player who knows where he is most comfortable. Our coaches and FO blew it. That's pretty obvious. Now, we need to move on and figure out how to replace him.

When the inmates run the asylum, the asylum is in trouble.

These players have enough income, even in the lower levels of the pay scale, to buy stock and vote on ownership. My son-in-law owns a share of the Green Bay Packers. Maybe you've heard of them!

Maybe, but he is playing the position he wants in Pittsburgh, and he is lighting it up. He's had huge plays fir them in every game he had played. He's got a few TDs too. As a fan, I'd rather have him here.
As a fan, I'm glad he is no longer on this team and happy for him that he has found some success elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom