Who's our FA's for next year???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's our FA's for next year????

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
Whos contract is up from our team after this year????

I believe one of them is Ogunleye, Right?

who else is on their last year? and do you guys think we will re-sign any of them?

Originally posted by WCoastFin
Whos contract is up from our team after this year????

I believe one of them is Ogunleye, Right?

who else is on their last year? and do you guys think we will re-sign any of them?
O-Gun and Edwards s/b RFAs next year AFAIK.

Freeman, T Wade, Perry (?), Mcknight s/b UFA
Chambers, Minor, Fletcher (if he's here) and Greenwood s/b RFA

and then there are guys like Jay that will be too high a cap value or eligible for roster bonus that will have to re-neg or be cut possibly

Wade, Marion, Chambers, Ungalywe, and they will be pressed into cutting some guys because of the cap. Wade and Chambers are must signs.

Damn, now im really thinking we should keep Rodgers and maybe trade Greenwood and FLetcher this season.......yeah hopefully the cap Gurus know how to work it again, Chambers is a definetly must sign....

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by WCoastFin
Damn, now im really thinking we should keep Rodgers and maybe trade Greenwood and FLetcher this season.......yeah hopefully the cap Gurus know how to work it again, Chambers is a definetly must sign....
Chambers would only be a RFA, but they are hoping to sign L-T if he has a #1 WR-type year in 2003 I would expect

Big change will be not having to carry any of Gardener's dead cap space money. That will be a $5-$6 mill savings if memory serves.

We can speculate about it now about who we should keep after this season, but I'm more thinking that the deciding factors will be the production of that player in this upcoming season as well as his cap numbers, plus if we have a solid replacement in the field of view.

Nope sorry guys, Chambers/Fletcher 2005. Fletcher's round 1 contract was 4-5 years. Making him a RFA in 2005 or 2006. Chambers' round 2 contract was 4 years. Making him a RFA in 2005. Minor/Greenwood signed 3 year rookie deals, making them RFA's next year..

But Chambers and Fletcher are NOT FA's next year..

According to the Dolphin media guide Chambers is signed through the 2004 season and Fletcher through the 2005 season.

Signing Todd Wade is the first priority unless these rookies we got shine. i say sign wade and Ogun. the rest will be little moves by spielman. Wade will be signed, if all goes well this year, before the free agency.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Nope sorry guys, Chambers/Fletcher 2005. Fletcher's round 1 contract was 4-5 years. Making him a RFA in 2005 or 2006. Chambers' round 2 contract was 4 years. Making him a RFA in 2005. Minor/Greenwood signed 3 year rookie deals, making them RFA's next year..

But Chambers and Fletcher are NOT FA's next year..

You can only be a RFA if you are a free agent in the first four years of your NFL career. Chambers and Fletcher can never be RFAs because they won't be free agents until after they have completed four years of NFL service.

Back
Top Bottom