Who's Ready For Some Dolphins Primetime Games? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's Ready For Some Dolphins Primetime Games?

Very good chance Miami going to be on national tv quite a bit going down the last stretch of the season.

Week 13 Miami @ San Francisco probably gets flexed to SNF. Current SNF game for that week is Indianapolis @ Dallas. Colts have PHI and PIT before that game probably going 1-1 making their record 5-6-1. Doubt the country going to be interested in the mess that is Indy even if they are playing Dallas. If I recall correctly CBS & FOX can protect one game each from being flexed into SNF. CBS will more than likely protect KC @ CIN that week. FOX on the other hand would probably have to make a decision between TEN @ PHI or MIA @ SF. If I was FOX I'd keep MIA/SF.

Week 14 the SNF game is currently KC @ DEN, doubt anyone wants to see Kansas City beat Denver for the umpteenth time, CBS has slim pickings this week, they'll have to decide between NYJ @ BUF or MIA @ LAC, if CBS goes with the former NBC will be all over Tua vs Herbert on Sunday night. FOX will protect Tampa Bay @ San Francisco as nothing else they have that week would be appealing to NBC.

Week 15 SNF is New England @ Las Vegas, doubt that sticks. MIA @ BUF is one of 5 games this week with TBD times. NBC has first pick of these games to flex into sunday night without CBS or FOX being able to protect them, the other 4 games are: BAL @ CLE, IND @ MIN, ATL @ NO & NYG @ WAS. Very good chance Miami @ Buffalo moves to sunday night (brrr)

Week 16 already set in stone to play GB on national tv on Xmas on FOX.

Week 17 is tricky, very few good quality matchups, CBS most likely protects MIA @ NE, current SNF matchup is LAR@ LAC, NBC will probably have to take something from FOX here if they want out of this, either NYJ @ SEA or MIN @ GB.

Week 18 the entire slate is at NBC's disposal: Most likely candidates being NE @ BUF, BAL @ CIN (i think this will be where they go), NYJ @ MIA, or NYG @ PHI

I say Miami gets at least 2 more primetime games in addition to the Xmas day one.
not me....I want us to play every game at home on Sunday at 1pm

not me....I want us to play every game at home on Sunday at 1pm

I think most fans would love that, especially if we lived in a world where we could watching all the games without DirecTV Sunday Ticket, gross livestreams with tons of viruses or simply going to bars.

Unfortunately, for a lot of fans, Primetime games are some of the few chances we actually get to see the team live.

In an ideal world though, I agree, we'd keep the same, boring routine as it's most convenient for everyone. Nothing convenient about staying up late on Sunday night or waiting until Monday or God forbid having to play on Thursday, which not only makes for bad games but leaves the weekend empty.

I think most fans would love that, especially if we lived in a world where we could watching all the games without DirecTV Sunday Ticket, gross livestreams with tons of viruses or simply going to bars.

Unfortunately, for a lot of fans, Primetime games are some of the few chances we actually get to see the team live.

In an ideal world though, I agree, we'd keep the same, boring routine as it's most convenient for everyone. Nothing convenient about staying up late on Sunday night or waiting until Monday or God forbid having to play on Thursday, which not only makes for bad games but leaves the weekend empty.
yeah I'm talking as far as the team goes and what's good for the team winning, it'd be better if they play Sunday at 1pm every week

I hate primetime games. Football is played on Sunday at 1pm and sometimes 4pm. Period.

Besides, I have a hard time staying up past 10pm these days...

I don't see NBC flexing out of a Dallas game; they'll do a number with them regardless of the opponent.
I also think they will want to keep KC @ Denver because Mahomes v Wilson will also likely still pop a rating.
I think Miami @ Buffalo will likely get a flex if CBS cannot protect it.
They're going to take the week 18 game that has the most playoff implication (winner is in/loser is out) so it's too early to say which game that will be.
The good news is if Tua keeps up the shredding he's going to be a primetime brand next season.

I can promise you this, no matter how bad the Cowgirls are (or the entire NFC east really) those prime time games WILL NOT get moved. The Cowboys are like the Notre Dame football team, no matter where you live in the US, ALL their games will be aired on local TV. Not sure if Jerry Jones has something to with it or not but I get so annoyed and tired of seeing Cowgirls on my local channels in NC. I know lots of Cowboys fans and they tell me they have NEVER had to pay for sunday ticket to watch the cowboys. annoys the crap out of me. "AmErIcAs TeAm!".......its "Americas team" by design.
Looks y’all are correct. NBC staying pat with Indianapolis/Dallas. Yuck. Looks like I can’t freelance the 1pm games and get ready for Miami at 4pm

Buff at night? Won't it be too cold for people then? Frostbite, hypothermia and such....Guess we gotta move it to a nice warm dome. Opps

I hate primetime games. Football is played on Sunday at 1pm and sometimes 4pm. Period.

No, not ”period”. Because to us West Coast’ers it’s always been 10am and 1pm ;)

For those in Hawaii or Alaska, it’s an hour or two earlier.

I don't see NBC flexing out of a Dallas game; they'll do a number with them regardless of the opponent.

No they won’t do a number. Not the number MIA-SF or KC-CIN would do, anyway. That matchup sucks @$$ and the masses won’t care about it.

Despite the narrative to the contrary, the Cowboys aren’t that damned popular. They just haven’t won enough over years to attract younger fans.

I believe GB, PITT, NE, KC and SF all have better followings.

welcome-back-kotter-kotter.gif

I can promise you this, no matter how bad the Cowgirls are (or the entire NFC east really) those prime time games WILL NOT get moved. The Cowboys are like the Notre Dame football team, no matter where you live in the US, ALL their games will be aired on local TV. Not sure if Jerry Jones has something to with it or not but I get so annoyed and tired of seeing Cowgirls on my local channels in NC. I know lots of Cowboys fans and they tell me they have NEVER had to pay for sunday ticket to watch the cowboys. annoys the crap out of me. "AmErIcAs TeAm!".......its "Americas team" by design.
My buddy is grandfathered for Sunday Ticket mobile sans directv in his area so he doesn’t want to let it go. coincidentally he is a cowboys fan, which means I get to use it every week while he watches every Dallas game on local lol. So I certainly don’t mind their placement

Very good chance Miami going to be on national tv quite a bit going down the last stretch of the season.

Week 13 Miami @ San Francisco probably gets flexed to SNF. Current SNF game for that week is Indianapolis @ Dallas. Colts have PHI and PIT before that game probably going 1-1 making their record 5-6-1. Doubt the country going to be interested in the mess that is Indy even if they are playing Dallas. If I recall correctly CBS & FOX can protect one game each from being flexed into SNF. CBS will more than likely protect KC @ CIN that week. FOX on the other hand would probably have to make a decision between TEN @ PHI or MIA @ SF. If I was FOX I'd keep MIA/SF.

Week 14 the SNF game is currently KC @ DEN, doubt anyone wants to see Kansas City beat Denver for the umpteenth time, CBS has slim pickings this week, they'll have to decide between NYJ @ BUF or MIA @ LAC, if CBS goes with the former NBC will be all over Tua vs Herbert on Sunday night. FOX will protect Tampa Bay @ San Francisco as nothing else they have that week would be appealing to NBC.

Week 15 SNF is New England @ Las Vegas, doubt that sticks. MIA @ BUF is one of 5 games this week with TBD times. NBC has first pick of these games to flex into sunday night without CBS or FOX being able to protect them, the other 4 games are: BAL @ CLE, IND @ MIN, ATL @ NO & NYG @ WAS. Very good chance Miami @ Buffalo moves to sunday night (brrr)

Week 16 already set in stone to play GB on national tv on Xmas on FOX.

Week 17 is tricky, very few good quality matchups, CBS most likely protects MIA @ NE, current SNF matchup is LAR@ LAC, NBC will probably have to take something from FOX here if they want out of this, either NYJ @ SEA or MIN @ GB.

Week 18 the entire slate is at NBC's disposal: Most likely candidates being NE @ BUF, BAL @ CIN (i think this will be where they go), NYJ @ MIA, or NYG @ PHI

I say Miami gets at least 2 more primetime games in addition to the Xmas day one.
Wow man great post. Thanks for this info!! I'm ready for some prime time football baby!!

Back
Top Bottom