Whos the best trade down partner? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whos the best trade down partner?

ChambersNBoston

Dan Marino is a God
Reaction score
Since we won't get a 2nd this year fron the cheap *** chiefers we will be looking to trade down to get mutiple first day picks...what i want to know is which team can give us the best deal for our valuable #2 pick?...dallas,sd,minne,browns?... who can give us the best picks and value for ours?

I actually think a darkhorse team could be the Redskins. They throw their draft picks around without thought, and they might want to trade up to get Edwards. However, most of the picks we would get from them would have to be 2006 picks since they are slim this year.

If we are to trade away our 2 pick in the draft I would want at least 2 1st rounders for it, and only trade down inside the top 15. I'm hoping Minny or Arizona gives us their 1st round pick in this draft and next years 1st rounder also plus a 3rd or 4th this year. Preferably Arizona because they have the No. 8 this year and they will be in the top 15 again next year most likely giving us the most value for our pick. Whereas Minny will be contending for a superbowl title with their revamped D.

Nublar7 said:
I actually think a darkhorse team could be the Redskins. They throw their draft picks around without thought, and they might want to trade up to get Edwards. However, most of the picks we would get from them would have to be 2006 picks since they are slim this year.
hey the skins is a real possibility now that Sun Sentinel just said that Edwards is on sabans mind now...saban could be saying that so we can get more offers from teams. they have 9th pick and 12th pick of 3rd round is that worth our 2nd?

Not even close. The value of the number 2 pick is 2600. The 9th pick is 1350 and 76 is worth 210. If they throw in a 1st rounder next year or their 2nd and 3rd next year it may be worth it.

taylorj99 said:
Not even close. The value of the number 2 pick is 2600. The 9th pick is 1350 and 76 is worth 210. If they throw in a 1st rounder next year or their 2nd and 3rd next year it may be worth it.
oh ok how did you find that out?...and who can give us the best deal numbers wise? like 2600 = 2600 or better

The team trading down usually takes the bite on value. It's an overrated chart to say the least.

ChambersNBoston said:
ok. what would we do at 11 and 20?

If available, I'd try to grab Cadillac. I doubt Cedric would be available here although he is slipping.

A few more guys who I wouldn't mind if they slipped to here would be Derrick Johnson, Alex Barron, Antrel Rolle.

At 20, there's the option for Thomas Davis, Travis Johnson, Jammal Brown, Troy Williamson or my favorite - Mark Clayton.

If we can't get VALUE for the #2 I suggest we stay put, draft Ronnie Brown and go D-line with our 3rd, and 4th rounders.

Trading anywhere out of the top 10 would have to include a first rounder in '06 (along with mulitple picks in '05)...if not then no deal in my opinion. Dropping from #2 is a BIG deal....and if someone wants that pick they have to pay big time...weak top end of the draft or not.

oh ok how did you find that out?...and who can give us the best deal numbers wise? like 2600 = 2600 or better

The values are from a draft pick value chart. You can google it. And to answer your question, I don't think there's anyone willing to trade picks with us and give us even value. Look for teams with 1) A bunch of picks, 2) the need for an impact player and 3) don't think that player will fall to them.

I like Tennessee personally. They've got a bunch o' picks. Have a definite need to replace Mason, but also have to replace a bunch of other people too. That's not a likely trade partner.

unifiedtheory said:
If we can't get VALUE for the #2 I suggest we stay put, draft Ronnie Brown and go D-line with our 3rd, and 4th rounders.

Trading anywhere out of the top 10 would have to include a first rounder in '06 (along with mulitple picks in '05)...if not then no deal in my opinion. Dropping from #2 is a BIG deal....and if someone wants that pick they have to pay big time...weak top end of the draft or not.

I agree with that apart from the D. Linemen. I think we have enough strength on our line now...especially if we're playing a base 3-4 this season but I agree that we should take Ronnie if we can't get value (I'd only want to trade the 2 for two first rounders).

Back
Top Bottom