Who's the most overrated player in Dolphins history? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's the most overrated player in Dolphins history?

Chris Chambers I always felt like he should have been a lot better of a reciever numbers wise.

How about Delvin Williams? He had one really good year in 1978, but 2 very average years after, and we traded Freddie Solomon to get him. Solomon had a nice 8 yr career in SF as the number 2 receiver, while we got one good year out of 3 out from Delvin.

Not sure he'd apply.....maybe more of a disappointment but when we got Tony Martin back I thought he was gonna be much better but some players are good as backups but not good once they have to start.

My opinion is Bob Griese. He gets the credit in the media and non Dolphin fans for the perfect season, yet he only played in 5 games. He was an average QB at best who just so happened to be on the best team.

Wes Welker. People look at his production with the Patriots and make his time in Miami out to be better than he was here. He was a decent returner and solid number 3 receiver during his time in Miami. During his three seasons here he had 96 receptions 1,121 yards and 1 td. Those numbers aren't bad considering he didn't catch a single pass in his first season in Miami, but there a far cry from the weapon he was with the Patriots.

Last edited:
How about Delvin Williams? He had one really good year in 1978, but 2 very average years after, and we traded Freddie Solomon to get him. Solomon had a nice 8 yr career in SF as the number 2 receiver, while we got one good year out of 3 out from Delvin.
Idk, he still had over 700 and 600 yards. Williams fell out of favor with Shula for some reason. His carries dropped by about 100 in both '79 and '80. Didn't help him that Csonka came back in '79 and took some of those carries.

Inspired by Danny's thread I thought this would be an interesting topic to discuss especially for the of us bored at home.

I'm going with Chris Chambers, I remember being on Finheaven back in 2001 and the hype for Chambers was huge after his rookie season. He sadly never lived up to the expectations many had of him after his rookie year. Over and over people blamed the QB, and the offense for Chris's lack of production, I remember many claimed if he had a great QB he would truly shine.

At the end of the day I think Chambers was simply a #2 WR, as he was too inconsistent to be a #1, and regardless of QB he is simply better suited to be a #2. Every year people waited for him to break out and every year outside of 2005 people were disappointed but with excuses ready at hand.

How about Suh? Anybody mention him? For the money they sunk into a DT, he was overrated.

I'm gonna reach for the obvious and say
Garo Yepremian! That bitch cost us a shut out
in SB whatever against Washington.

Beyond that his ties weren't that great.
But he was GREAT on The Odd Couple!!

Past 30 years...

qb- culpepper
Rb- Ronnie brown/Daniel thomas
Wr- mike Wallace/ Brian hartline
Te- Anthony fasano
Ol- billy milner/ Jonathan Martin/ damion McIntosh/ Jake grove
DL- dion Jordan/ Mario Williams/ Matt Roth
Lb- dannel ellerbe/ koa misi/ Eddie Moore
Db- Jason Allen/ gibril Wilson/ jamar fletcher/ Bobby McCain
I agree with all of them except Hartline and Fasano. Both were good role players, but because of the rest of the roster, they were elevated to 1s instead of 2s.

Back
Top Bottom