Who's the most underrated player in Dolphins history? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's the most underrated player in Dolphins history?

John Offerdahl.

A far superior linebacker to Zach Thomas (which is saying quite a bit, since Zach was one of the greatest Dolphins of all time), yet mentioned about 10% as much as Zach (if that).

I'm aware Zach had a significantly longer career.
Far superior? Respectfully disagree.

I think Jay Fiedler gets slammed a lot more than he deserves. As an undrafted qb out of Dartmouth I think he got more out of his talent during his time here than could/should be expected. You could argue that he shouldn't have been an NFL starting qb, but the fact Miami didn't have better qb options on the roster wasn't his fault. I mean if Jake Rudduck took over the Dolphins and led them to a couple of playoff seasons I wouldn't spend a lot of time bashing him about the flaws in his game, I would pat him on the back for giving the team what he could when he was forced into action. I would say Fiedler exceeded expectations during his Dolpin stint.

randy starks was really good for us for a number of years, made a lot of big plays. i remember him intercepting matt cassel in the '08 wildcat unveiling game - that pick really got us going and turned the tide as the pats were going to go in and score.
That's a good one. I had forgotten about him.

One more player....Jon Gisler who was a very good OT for us for several years.

It's Tanny and it's not even close...

source.gif

I think Jay Fiedler gets slammed a lot more than he deserves. As an undrafted qb out of Dartmouth I think he got more out of his talent during his time here than could/should be expected. You could argue that he shouldn't have been an NFL starting qb, but the fact Miami didn't have better qb options on the roster wasn't his fault. I mean if Jake Rudduck took over the Dolphins and led them to a couple of playoff seasons I wouldn't spend a lot of time bashing him about the flaws in his game, I would pat him on the back for giving the team what he could when he was forced into action. I would say Fiedler exceeded expectations during his Dolpin stint.

It is not Fielder's fault that our scouts and coach were stupid enough to overpay and start a guy that should be a backup. i don't think he was underrated but I dont hate Fielder for the coaches stupidity

Back
Top Bottom