Votes: 15 13.4%
  • Smith

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • Waddle

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Others

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
my preference is trade down with Car/Den, and pick remainder of Smith or Waddle assuming Pitts and Chase are gone

Pitts or Smith. I don't care which, but I have Pitts a hairs breadth ahead just b/c of his uniqueness. But my guess is that the Dolphins will take Smith or Waddle. And that would be at 6 or in a trade down to 8 or 9 should the opportunity arise.

So I keep going back to this thing..

That thing is why when I look at Jamar Chase’s reps I don’t see a lot of separation right, and yet when I look at the numbers, he’s the most productive receiver in the game.. so, I’m forced to look for traits, subtleties, reasons why what I’m seeing isn’t matching up in the stat sheet.

And then I’ve watched his pro day, 3 times over (wish I had the combine, real important regardless if some folks don’t think so) the combine for me is about movement and space, and projecting how much space that movement can cover..

So when I watch this pro day I see what I think is the reason, I repeat what I think is the reason why this powerful, fast, quick explosive player does not get as much separation as it looks, and that is, because he doesn’t have to..

He doesn’t know to run the precise routes that Devonta Smith runs, he just runs..I think when he gets to this level and has coach that can teach him the nuances of route running and the importance of separating you might see something great

Bottom line, athletically Jamar chase should be able to separate just fine and that was my only knock..

Last edited:
So I keep going back to this thing..

That thing is why when I look at Jamar Chase’s reps I don’t see a lot of separation right, and yet when I look at the numbers, he’s the most productive receiver in the game.. so, I’m forced to look for traits, subtleties, reasons why what I’m seeing isn’t matching up in the stat sheet.

And then I’ve watched his pro day, 3 times over (wish I had the combine, real important regardless if some folks don’t think so) the combine for me is about movement and space, and projecting how much space that movement can cover..

So when I watch this pro day I see what I think is the reason, I repeat what I think is the reason why this powerful, fast, quick explosive player does not get as much separation as it looks, and that is, because he doesn’t have to..

He doesn’t know to run the precise routes that Devonta Smith runs, he just runs..I think when he gets to this level and has coach that can teach him the nuances of route running and the importance of separating you might see something special..

Bottom mine, athletically Jamar chase should be able to separate just fine and that was my only knock..
UBIASED OPINION. NICE!

Back
Top Bottom