Votes: 15 13.4%
  • Smith

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • Waddle

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Others

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
I'm leaning towards Pitts just because of athletic profile combined with pure football talent. It really is like Calvin Johnson if he played tight end and WR

I'd be fine with Pitts and Smith, not really feeling it with Chase but if Dolphins pick him that's fine. I just feel both Pitts and Chase are gonna ball this year and both show high energy.

Pitts or bust, the young man was genetically given talents the few have, both mental and physical, and it is obvious that he has worked hard to not let them go to waste. As a defense, how do you defend against The G man and Pitts, then when you think of parker and fuller, I think the Phins would be set at receiver

I'll go Pitts

He's a bigger NFL mismatch than any of the WR's. Unbievable red zone target as well.

Agreed! Pitts then Harris at 18. Parker, Gesicki, Pitts, Fuller and Harris in the backfield would give defenses a lot of problems

Between Smith and Chase. Smith because he’s a very good route runner and polished. Chase because if you saw that 41 vertical, 40 time, cone drill plus the productivity he has at LSU my goodness it’s almost like a can’t miss player. For those of you that don’t know the 41 vertical tells me all I need to know about the kid.

I think Smith would be even more of a nightmare to cover than Pitts or Chase. The guy is always open and usually by a lot! His route running Combined with his speed and elusiveness would be tough for opposing DB’s. Like I said kind of hard to jam a bolt of lightning that’s already flying by you. There are some benefits to being 175 pounds.

I’d be happy with Pitts or Chase but trading down and getting Waddle is my favorite option.

I'm leaning towards Pitts just because of athletic profile combined with pure football talent. It really is like Calvin Johnson if he played tight end and WR

With all the hype going after his pro day, I have a feeling ATL or CIN might become enamored.

Let’s hope ATL goes with Fields to groom behind Ryan for a year or two or trades the pick to a QB needy team not wanting to miss out then CIN goes with Chase or Sewell.

I’m good with any of the top play makers, but really would like to see MIA have their pick of the bunch. IDK who the top player on their board is, but I want them to get that player.

I might reconsider and select a QB if only two are gone by the time we draft.

Keep in mind that with the Jets as #2 (isn't that appropriate-LOL), anything unexpected, or even stupid could happen, like not trading back and not taking a QB.

The odder their pick, the better off we are in terms of choices (player selection or trading back for more draft picks and still getting a BPA, or position of need, that the FO wants).

The only real unknowns are their new GM's approach to the draft and how he really feels about their current QB.

27 more days - the clock is ticking, but right now it's a 24 hour clock.

By the way, my birthday happens to be April 29th. It looks like this year my gift is the NFL's 1st round. Not a bad way to start my 75th year - LOL

I might reconsider and select a QB if only two are gone by the time we draft.

Keep in mind that with the Jets as #2 (isn't that appropriate-LOL), anything unexpected, or even stupid could happen, like not trading back and not taking a QB.

The odder their pick, the better off we are in terms of choices (player selection or trading back for more draft picks and still getting a BPA, or position of need, that the FO wants).

The only real unknowns are their new GM's approach to the draft and how he really feels about their current QB.

27 more days - the clock is ticking, but right now it's a 24 hour clock.

By the way, my birthday happens to be April 29th. It looks like this year my gift is the NFL's 1st round. Not a bad way to start my 75th year - LOL
That can't be right your posts looks so much younger. ;)

So I keep going back to this thing..

That thing is why when I look at Jamar Chase’s reps I don’t see a lot of separation right, and yet when I look at the numbers, he’s the most productive receiver in the game.. so, I’m forced to look for traits, subtleties, reasons why what I’m seeing isn’t matching up in the stat sheet.

And then I’ve watched his pro day, 3 times over (wish I had the combine, real important regardless if some folks don’t think so) the combine for me is about movement and space, and projecting how much space that movement can cover..

So when I watch this pro day I see what I think is the reason, I repeat what I think is the reason why this powerful, fast, quick explosive player does not get as much separation as it looks, and that is, because he doesn’t have to..

He doesn’t know to run the precise routes that Devonta Smith runs, he just runs..I think when he gets to this level and has coach that can teach him the nuances of route running and the importance of separating you might see something great

Bottom line, athletically Jamar chase should be able to separate just fine and that was my only knock..
I think that’s actually pretty fair as an observation/hypothesis. Remember, he was 19 years old as the Biletnikoff winner. He has room to grow in route running. But as you noted, we nitpick at these things and then look at the numbers and it’s like, yeesh, that’s incredible production. He just gets after that football in the air and can run after the catch with purpose. Great player. Wouldn’t be disappointed with him but still slightly prefer Smith.

while my favorite player on this draft has always been Smith, I think Pitts makes sense because there's no other TE like him on this draft while we have a very good/great WR class.......if we get Pitts tho, I'm hoping we'll go WR with 1-B or 2-A. I don't want to roll with only Parker(hurt often) and Fuller who's on a one year deal.

I was against the idea at first but I think Pitts would be the better weapon on offense. And this draft is pretty deep at WR and we have multiple picks.

Back
Top Bottom