Who's your favorite Guitarist? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's your favorite Guitarist?

Out of these, who's your favorite guitarist?

• Edward Van Halen

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Stevie Ray Vaughn

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • B.B. King

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steve Vai

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Les Paul

• Chuck Berry

• Yngwie Malmsteen

• Randy Rhodes

• Eric Clapton

• Jeff Beck

• Mark Knophler

• Jimi Hendrix

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • "Slash"

• Total voters

Jaydog57

Crank Yanker
Reaction score
There's all types of music and it's hard to say that one is better than the other, but OUT OF THESE CHOICES who is your favorite?

Out of those choices

I would say Clapton, BUT you have failed to put in some of the best. Jimy Page of Zeppelin, Hendrix, Pete Townshed of The Who, Edge(U2), and I think Keith Richards of the Stones, oh and I even though I hate the band AC/DC's Angus Young. My top 2 are Page and Hendrix.Steve Vai is not in their league creativly.

By the way

if you don't know who I voted for just look at my freakin' avatar!:cool: Any questions I'll be glad to answer them.:cool:

Even though

I am not a classic rock fan. I have to go with Van Halen. Man, that guy could kick some ass. I like today's music, but nobody was better at playing guitar than Van Halen. IMO

Re: Out of those choices

Originally posted by dolfan25
I would say Clapton, BUT you have failed to put in some of the best. Jimy Page of Zeppelin, Hendrix, Pete Townshed of The Who, Edge(U2), and I think Keith Richards of the Stones, oh and I even though I hate the band AC/DC's Angus Young. My top 2 are Page and Hendrix.Steve Vai is not in their league creativly.
Sorry man you're absolutely right about leaving Hendrix out and such. Unfortunately I was only allowed 10 threads for a poll and was limited. I tried to be somewhat diverse in my selections, but you are totally right in Page and Hendrix. I'm a left handed player so can agree with you Hendrix selection. Page is great in the studio, but exceptionally sloppy live, in my opinion. Hendrix on the on the hand, was an open door for musicians to go through and was an innovative master. That was one creative guy. Van Halen wasn't influenced too much by him though and considered Clapton his greatest influence. Even though he doesn't sound like him, which makes me appreciate him even more.:cool:

No one wrote riffs like Page

He is the riff king,personally I don't think there has been a better band than Zep in the last 30 years.

This was a hard question to answer because so many are awesome. Here is my top 13 in no particular order.

Edward Van Halen #1
Steven Clark - RIP (Def Leppard)
Jimi Hendrix
Yngwie Malmsteen
Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin)
Joe Satriani
Steve Vai
Randy Rhodes - RIP (Ozzy)
Michael Schenker (MSG)
Rudolph Schenker (Scorpins)
Angus Young (AC/DC)
George Lynch (Dokken)

I almost forgot the rock goddess herself.........Lita Ford :D

i voted for Steve Vai....

they're all great guitarist but Vai is something special.... Just listen to «For The Love Of The God»...

Re: i voted for Steve Vai....

Originally posted by QuebecFinsFan
they're all great guitarist but Vai is something special.... Just listen to «For The Love Of The God»...
Yeah we is one of Joe Satriani's proteges' and his totally AWESOME in his own right. He has declared a sound and tone all his own. Fast fingerwork too. Played with Alcatraz with Frank Zappa early on to get his career going. Totally amazing player.:cool:

Jaydog do you have a mullet? Miad you had Pat Benetar hair didn't you? Guys the '80swas a fine time as long as it is left in the '80s.

Dajesus.....I don't expect you to understand. I am 30 and you are 23. The 80's were my decade. I am a rock and roll chick at heart. I don't have Pat Benatar hair because her hair was short and my hair is long and wavy. I choose to dress and look like a female. I refuse to conform to the grunge scene and look like a frumpy chick. Getting everything pierced and tattooed to look like every other chick. I chose to be an individual. That is what heavy metal was all about. Being different. I fought with all the conformists in high school and I still fight to be an individual today.

So, enjoy your music and your generation and I will enjoy mine. When I hear or see something better than the 80's, then I will give it a try. So far, in my opinion, most of the music and all the clothes and hairstyles have SUCKED since 1990. :D

ROCK ON!! :evil:

As a matter of fact....

Originally posted by Dajesus
Jaydog do you have a mullet? Miad you had Pat Benetar hair didn't you? Guys the '80swas a fine time as long as it is left in the '80s.
No, I don't have a mullet, my hair is practically 2 feet in length around my head, and no she doesn't have Pat Benatar hair, haven't you seen her pic? As for the music, music from different generations is good. There's good stuff from the 50's, 60's 70's 80's, and 90's. We're working on the 21st century right now. The music you grew up with is generally your favorite, and we grew up with the 80's stuff. What is your favorite? Says your were born in '78, the year my favorite album came out, Van Halen's self titled debut. Lot's of good stuff came out of the 80's it's just right now, it's still considered too new. Remember when disco was in in the late 90's? Same thing. Give it time it'll come around.:cool: Good music came out of every decade and generation, you just have to open your ears to appreciate it.:cool: Yoda has spoken:cool:

It was a joke, and I too am a CLOSET '80 fan. the first album I ever owned was 1984, I was a huge AC/DC fan, and the first concert I attended was GNR and Areosmith, so I understand the '80s. That being said I still laugh every time I see a guy w/a mullet, or a girl w/her acid washed jeans tucked in to her socks, the best of all is ZBALL pants( I hit the floor every time). All good things have to end, thats why I locked my aqua net away w/my Back in Black tape, knowing that it will aways be a part of me, but under many new layers.

Dude, I'm from the 80's and what the hell are ZBALL pants?:lol: I'm sure I've seen em just not under that name. If you have to lock up your Back in Black tape, buy the CD! You say all good things must come to an end, I say no good thing ever dies.:cool: If it will always be a part of you don't try to put it away, go with it man.:cool: Yoda has spoken and says you must lift 3 X-Wings from bad locations and place them on safe havens with your mind before your Jedi training can continue.:cool:

I voted for Vaughn, but under protest because he is #2 Jimi Henderix is head and shoulders above any before or after. I think you left him off b/c you know Ed would have no chance...you are maniacle.

Back
Top Bottom