Who's your favorite offseason addition | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's your favorite offseason addition

Favorite off-season acquisition?

• Total voters

Pandarilla

Active Roster
Reaction score
Lawrence Timmons was rumored to be playing with turf toe all last season. This accounts for all the casual fans to dismiss him as having lost a step. However, if he's healthy, man...One good year, Lawrence, just give me one good year and you'll be my favorite offseason acquisition.

Based mostly on his scouting report and what he has said, I love Asiata so far. He seems like exactly what the team needs on the offensive line, someone who is physical and wants to dominant. Love Grier's quote as well calling him a nasty prick.

I do have a feeling fans will like a lot of the new additions this year.

Couple more moves I really liked.

If Thomas can get back to form under Gase that would be huge

I know Asiata was a 5th round pick (although some really smart guys here had him rated much higher) but if he solidifies the interior our QB should have a good year and so should Ajayi and company.

If Pouncey can stay healthy the oline is a good deal better than last season. I would love to see Asiata step into the starting LG position for the year. Favorite off season addition has to be Charles Harris. I can't wait to see Sir Charles get it on with Mr. Brady.

Free Agency: Kenny Stills - a resign but a crucial one for offensive continuity and an important asset for our vertical game.

Draft: Raekwon McMillan - Finally a RFM.

Honorable mention: Isaac Asiata - Nice to add a guard with some power.

I can finally say that this is a tough choice because we have several from which to choose! For me, the contenders are: DE William Hayes, SS/FS TJ McDonald, OL Isaac Asiata, LB Raekwon McMillan. Those are all great additions! Ultimately, I'm going to say Raekwon McMillan, here's why.

DE William Hayes: We got him for a song, real steal of an acquisition. He has as many sacks as Branch, comes in much cheaper salary-wise and cost almost nothing to acquire. He is a stud run defender, and we need it! So there are minor cons in that he has a Channing Crowder-esque personality, saying completely stupid things that make you wonder if he really means it or not .. but at the end of the day he's a good citizen, fine in the locker room, and not a liability on or off the field, so we can live with the personality quirks. The only major con is that he's older, so he's a great addition for a few years. After that, father time will catch up to him I suspect.

SS/FS TJ McDonald: We paid peanuts for a fantastic player. Sure, he is a major risk off the field, with major problems with the league's substance abuse process, and South Beach is not lacking for temptation. But this is a low-risk signing ... all we'll really lose is bad publicity. This guy is an excellent SS, who in our scheme might be able to do a very good job at combo safety even though he's not really a FS. He's not available until the 2nd half of the season, but let's be real ... we'll be happy if either Reshad Jones or Nate Allen is healthy, so I'm not worried about what happens if all 3 are healthy (obviously it means Nate Allen sits!), so we'll be extremely excited no matter what the system if we get the player we think we get when he eventually does take the field. But, lots of cons for this pick up.

OG Isaac Asiata: Absolute steal to get one of the top 3 or 4 guards in the 5th round who fits our system perfectly. He provides the power we lack, but has the quick feet our scouts prioritize. He should be an instant-starter and a mainstay for years. If he had longer arms, was taller and faster he wouldn't be playing guard, nor would he have been available in the 5th round. In fact, he's really a 3rd round prospect in my book, but because he's a couple years older than many prospects, scouts got scared off. I'm super-happy we got him, and think he is an absolute steal. We've had a few years of good guard play here and there with guys like Smiley or Incognito, but neither was the answer long term. By and large our guards have been the worst of a bad team for many years. I haven't been this excited about a guard since we had Keith Sims.

LB Raekwon McMillan: Honestly, this is probably the lowest priority position on this list for me. And one of the primary characteristics needed today form a Mike is pass coverage ... and that's not currently a strong suit for McMillan. But he's my favorite new addition, because this kid is a natural leader, instinctive LB, has good range, size and speed. He is a sure tackler and doesn't take bad steps. He diagnoses quickly, coordinates the defense, leads vocally and by example, shows durability, puts football first, studies hard, is a gym rat, and puts together great physical ability with great mental ability and attitude in a very very young package. He has a high ceiling and is one of those guys I'm nearly certain will come close to reaching his ceiling. This kid can be a stud Pro-Bowler for 10+ years as our QB for the defense ... and that is really a comforting thought. While he may not be a good coverage LB now, I do think that he's the type to grind at it until he becomes a solid coverage LB. This guy is the real deal. I'm a big fan of Bobby Wagner in Seattle, and I was singing his praises when he came into the league. But honestly, I'm higher on Raekwon McMillan than I ever was for Wagner ... yeah, I think Raekwon is that special.

Last edited:
Based mostly on his scouting report and what he has said, I love Asiata so far. He seems like exactly what the team needs on the offensive line, someone who is physical and wants to dominant. Love Grier's quote as well calling him a nasty prick.

I do have a feeling fans will like a lot of the new additions this year.

Asiata was the clutch pick that allowed our defensive draft to happen. If this guy is as nimble as they say, Gase will torture opponents with our left side of the line.

C'mon stem cells, save Pouncey's ass...

I can finally say that this is a tough choice because we have several from which to choose! For me, the contenders are: DE William Hayes, SS/FS TJ McDonald, OL Isaac Asiata, LB Raekwon McMillan. Those are all great additions! Ultimately, I'm going to say Raekwon McMillan, here's why.

DE William Hayes: We got him for a song, real steal of an acquisition. He has as many sacks as Branch, comes in much cheaper salary-wise and cost almost nothing to acquire. He is a stud run defender, and we need it! So there are minor cons in that he has a Channing Crowder-esque personality, saying completely stupid things that make you wonder if he really means it or not .. but at the end of the day he's a good citizen, fine in the locker room, and not a liability on or off the field, so we can live with the personality quirks. The only major con is that he's older, so he's a great addition for a few years. After that, father time will catch up to him I suspect.

SS/FS TJ McDonald: We paid peanuts for a fantastic player. Sure, he is a major risk off the field, with major problems with the league's substance abuse process, and South Beach is not lacking for temptation. But this is a low-risk signing ... all we'll really lose is bad publicity. This guy is an excellent SS, who in our scheme might be able to do a very good job at combo safety even though he's not really a FS. He's not available until the 2nd half of the season, but let's be real ... we'll be happy if either Reshad Jones or Nate Allen is healthy, so I'm not worried about what happens if all 3 are healthy (obviously it means Nate Allen sits!), so we'll be extremely excited no matter what the system if we get the player we think we get when he eventually does take the field. But, lots of cons for this pick up.

OG Isaac Asiata: Absolute steal to get one of the top 3 or 4 guards in the 5th round who fits our system perfectly. He provides the power we lack, but has the quick feet our scouts prioritize. He should be an instant-starter and a mainstay for years. If he had longer arms, was taller and faster he wouldn't be playing guard, nor would he have been available in the 5th round. In fact, he's really a 3rd round prospect in my book, but because he's a couple years older than many prospects, scouts got scared off. I'm super-happy we got him, and think he is an absolute steal. We've had a few years of good guard play here and there with guys like Smiley or Incognito, but neither was the answer long term. By and large our guards have been the worst of a bad team for many years. I haven't been this excited about a guard since we had Keith Sims.

LB Raekwon McMillan: Honestly, this is probably the lowest priority position on this list for me. And one of the primary characteristics needed today form a Mike is pass coverage ... and that's not currently a strong suit for McMillan. But he's my favorite new addition, because this kid is a natural leader, instinctive LB, has good range, size and speed. He is a sure tackler and doesn't take bad steps. He diagnoses quickly, coordinates the defense, leads vocally and by example, shows durability, puts football first, studies hard, is a gym rat, and puts together great physical ability with great mental ability and attitude in a very very young package. He has a high ceiling and is one of those guys I'm nearly certain will come close to reaching his ceiling. This kid can be a stud Pro-Bowler for 10+ years as our QB for the defense ... and that is really a comforting thought. While he may not be a good coverage LB now, I do think that he's the type to grind at it until he becomes a solid coverage LB. This guy is the real deal. I'm a big fan of Bobby Wagner in Seattle, and I was singing his praises when he came into the league. But honestly, I'm higher on Raekwon McMillan than I ever was for Wagner ... yeah, I think Raekwon is that special.

Damnnnn, well done, sir.

So many good additions. You didn't even mention Julius Thomas, Timmons or Charles Harris.

Back
Top Bottom