Why a big 3 RB? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why a big 3 RB?

knight6jb said:
if this is true then any rookie RB will wear out by the end..... or we can go committee towards the middle of the year if we have to....or just let him play and get his feet wet, so he knows what to expect the following season when it comes to conditioning.

Not any Rookie ... I said Rookie RB's HAVE been known to wear down. Is a bigger concern for me when they didnt carry the full load in college, is a conditioning thing is all. And in Auburn they did split carries, so I think conditioning is a major concern and will be looked at by our scouts and coaches before any RB is taken with our first pick.

Other Rookie RB's have come out of the draft and have excelled late in the season. Is just one more concern for a rookie RB from a guy who has watched Wad Ball for too long. :D

knight6jb said:
So we draft a QB and watch him get killed after AJ goes down??? or do we just not draft offense because we are too affraid of them getting hurt, so lets just draft all defense!

QB is the one position where coaches and fans EXPECT a first round pick to ride the bench for at least a year. Smith would be third on the depth chart and it would be highly unlikely that he would see any action his first year. After another offseason w/more draft picks and an OL with much greater cohesion and coaching, Smith probably could start, and he would do so with a much greater chance of success than any rookie RB starting this year. Feeley isn't getting any younger and would likely only have 2 more years left with the team anyway.

In short, if you anticipate, as I do, that the OL will not really be complete and adequate until next season, then a QB now makes perfect sense. I say draft the best QB prospect now, and get a top flight back next season.

Omaha_Dolfan said:
Not any Rookie ... I said Rookie RB's HAVE been known to wear down. Is a bigger concern for me when they didnt carry the full load in college, is a conditioning thing is all. And in Auburn they did split carries, so I think conditioning is a major concern and will be looked at by our scouts and coaches before any RB is taken with our first pick.

Other Rookie RB's have come out of the draft and have excelled late in the season. Is just one more concern for a rookie RB from a guy who has watched Wad Ball for too long. :D

Gotcha:cool2:

knight6jb said:
So what do you want QB or WR??? QB will get killed behind the oline if not improved, and if improved wont have a running game to open the passing game. If we go WR and the Oline isnt improved he will be called a bust cuz we wont be able to get him the ball, if the oline is improved then there wont be a running game again to open the passing game. We are screwed!!!!:D

I would prefer a Linebacker with the number 7. and Mark Clayton with the 18.

If the line comes together then the RB's we have will be enough to keep people honest this year. I mean have you ever seen a team play light in the box with Denver when they had even their 3rd string back in the game?

If the line doesnt come together at least our first pick is a playmaker on defense which fills a need coming up fast. I mean Seau this year will probably be a situational player at most coming back from his injury and his age and Thomas isnt getting any younger. Then with Clayton being able to be in the slot at least Feeley might have another target to throw to in his 2 seconds back to pass ...

Back
Top Bottom