Why absolutely nothing will happen until Draft Day | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why absolutely nothing will happen until Draft Day

fiedler fan..jk

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I am 99% sure that nothing will happen until Draft Day. All these rumors that the Dolphins having been given offers to trade down right now are BS. The Dolphins are in amazing position to trade down though and I believ they will. Of course the 49ers have the #1 pick. They have commited to taking either Aaron Rodgers, Alex Smith, or Braylon Edwards. There are 2 qbs (Rodgers and Smith) that everybody wants and there are 2 wrs (Edwards and Williams) that everybody wants. Once the 49ers pick the phones will start to ring off the hook because either only 1 qb or only 1 wr will be left on everyone's wishlist. The Dolphins will trade down but it will be unknown where they fall to until the 49ers choose. The Surtain trade though will probably go through but not until the week before the draft. THERE IS NO REASON TO TRADE SURTAIN NOW! Let other teams come into the bidding war. His price will increase and the Dolphins will get more for him.
DONT BELIEVE THESE STUPID DRAFT RUMORS!

There is probably some action going on that we dont know about but you are right things will not be defined until draft day except possibly for Surtains situation.

I will be disappointed if we trade down. I'll also be disapponted if we pick a wr with our #2 pick - I mean let's face it Feeley is not exactly Duante Culpepper and will not play like him in Linehan's system no matter what our WR's are. He simply isn't that talented. And with no running game (or rushing QB a la Duante) to keep defense's honest it'll be just like last year all over again - interception after interception, sack after sack.

RB is our biggest need no matter what the system.

fiedler fan..jk said:
I am 99% sure that nothing will happen until Draft Day. All these rumors that the Dolphins having been given offers to trade down right now are BS.

the Dolphins never have been given offers to trade down. it was the Dolphins who approached other teams, not the other way around. I have no idea where you heard that teams were offering Miami something.

fiedler fan..jk said:
I am 99% sure that nothing will happen until Draft Day. All these rumors that the Dolphins having been given offers to trade down right now are BS. The Dolphins are in amazing position to trade down though and I believ they will. Of course the 49ers have the #1 pick. They have commited to taking either Aaron Rodgers, Alex Smith, or Braylon Edwards. There are 2 qbs (Rodgers and Smith) that everybody wants and there are 2 wrs (Edwards and Williams) that everybody wants. Once the 49ers pick the phones will start to ring off the hook because either only 1 qb or only 1 wr will be left on everyone's wishlist. The Dolphins will trade down but it will be unknown where they fall to until the 49ers choose. The Surtain trade though will probably go through but not until the week before the draft. THERE IS NO REASON TO TRADE SURTAIN NOW! Let other teams come into the bidding war. His price will increase and the Dolphins will get more for him.
DONT BELIEVE THESE STUPID DRAFT RUMORS!

I also don't think that we would trade down prior to draft day.....but no necessarily for the same reasons as you.

What will probably make things move along faster than you anticipate is that the 49ers will probably negotiate a contract with their eventual selection before the Draft.....and everyone will know the pick beforehand....so there will be no reason for us or other teams to wait on them.

However, I still think that we'll wait to the last minute just to make sure that we get the very best offer...I don't see Saban jumping at the first reasonable offer.....they might as well take all the time given to find the very best one.

fiedler fan..jk said:
any opinions?
Didn't you just tell us what was going to happen and why?

What are we supposed to say?

You just want to argue don't you? ;) :lol:

:jk:

Nah. Its just my thread was dropping down and i wanted people to put in their comments so i put in my own so it would go back to the top.

fiedler fan..jk said:
Nah. Its just my thread was dropping down and i wanted people to put in their comments so i put in my own so it would go back to the top.
:lol: ...or that, of course.

I think Nick is doing the best he can for the team, He is playing his hand like a pro. He is bluffing and keeping his cards close to the vest not compromising. He is doing the best he can to get us some extra picks in this draft for a few reasons the number 1 reason imho is because he has very intimate knowledge of this years player base and believes he can get great value in any round.

I would imagine that whatever happens will happen when someone makes us an offer. If someone wants to give us what we want to switch picks or trade Surtain or both then a deal will get done. It could happen five minutes from now. OR, it could happen on draft day. Or, we could just keep Surtain and pick #2. Who knows?

I agree, it will be a draft day situation. I do believe the surtain issue will be over the week before the draft. We should have a couple of suitors for #2 pick (hopefully). If only SF would pick their QB and be done with it.

Dudeman said:
the Dolphins never have been given offers to trade down. it was the Dolphins who approached other teams, not the other way around. I have no idea where you heard that teams were offering Miami something.

First of all you dont know that the Dolphins have been contacted..... the parties interested in trading down are not going to announce to everyone their plan...thereby creating a bidding war and increasing their cost to get the pick.

The deals should start pouring once the 49ner make their pick..

Good post!

I have no doubt that you are correct about this. Here's some more to support your notions. The value of all the picks change over time. Players move up and down on the draft board for various reasons and each team's needs change as time goes on. But the way Saban is handling his situation is excellent. If we are "stuck" with the #2 then we will take the player of highest value. Smith, Rodgers, Edwards or Williams. All is not done at that point. We could look to make trades once we have players under our organization. It happened with San Diego and the NY Giants last season with Eli Manning.

I said this weeks ago in a post. Pundits and fans are sorely mistaken if they think they have any idea of what Saban is really up to.

He is looking for the BIG score in this draft. I think that means drafting as many players as he can get. Depending on how that goes for us many of our beloved Dolphin veterans may be finding greener pastures.

I don't care what people say Saban does not give a hoot what Dolphin fans think. He knows this everyone loves a winner and hates a loser.

Back
Top Bottom