Why are there so many Canadian Fins Fans? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are there so many Canadian Fins Fans?

Been a dolphins fan myself as long as I can remember. In Saskatoon, Saskatchewan of all places. Remember Dan's rookie season like it was yesterday. Also remember wearing my Dolphins shirt to school proudly, the day after they beat the Bears to end their chances of a perfect season.

I can't remember why I chose the Dolphins, just have always liked them. A friend of mine within the same time frame chose the Giants. He doesn't know why either. And, privately, I think he regrets it ever since.

Another friend took the Titans for a clearer reason. He was an Edmonton Eskimo fan (was born there) and loved Warren Moon. When he went to the NFL, my buddy loved the Oilers. And then when they moved to Nashville, still kept watching them.

At least thats a good reason. Can't give one good reason why I picked them at a young age. Maybe I just loved Dolphins?

Still do!

It was Dan Marino for me. I guess it was just natural to become a fan of the team I thought had the best player. I was about 10 when I started following football. Around here we get pretty much EVERY SINGLE Bills game and I can't stand them.

ive been a fan since i was 5 year old...im from toronto ontario but im residing in michigan...

its so hard to say...i mean in my family, on both sides, mostly everyone is a dolphins fan...

i think a lot has to do with being of italian descent...having don shula as a coach and of course, dan marino at quarterback, was there any better role model for a kid than the latter??? superstar, family man, italian last name, who took teams on his back to the superbowl???

when the fins ran into the tough bills teams from the late 80s early 90s it was just brutal...its no secret that 50% of the bills stadium is populated by the surrounding areas of toronto...try going head to head with all the bandwagoners who became bills fans at that time...it was BRUTAL!

aj13, I cant agree with you more about the Italian reference.....i am also Italian and saw Dan the Man as the greatest qb and role model growing up...and that was also a key to why I follow the Fins now.....Also, on our regional basic cable, we usually get the bills on the cbs or fox coverage everyweek but Canadian fans are also allowed to get Sunday NFL Ticket thru Rogers Cable where you get every single NFL game, which allowed me to watch every single fins game for the last 5 years...

Heres an idea....why dont all the Canadian Fins Fans who regularly attend the Fins game in Buffalo meet up before the game..I think that would be kinda cool.....Talk Fins Football....have a couple of beers(Canadian Beer of course) and get ready to watch r fins take over the Ralph??

Also, is there any spot in Toronto that you guys know where many Fins fans watch the games together...like at a specific sports bar or rest. ?

I'm born and raised in South Florida, that's why I'm a fin fan. :D

Canadian fin fans :clap: you picked the right team.

It is a good question why there is so many of us, I think it's easier when you're on neutral ground to be a fan of whatever team you wish. Virtually every Sunday I get the Jets, Bills and Patriots games, so it should have influenced my decision as to what team to root for, but again it's that "what did it for you first" thing, and that was like most here: Dan Marino.
I get so much Patriots news here, it just makes it easier to hate them :)
And being fairly close to Buffalo, lots of local channels seem to like the Bills (especially when the Flutie Flakes was with 'em )
Sooooooooo I'M surrounded by the enemies...but still proud to be a Fins Fan!

they must not be French-Canadian or they would have abandoned the Dolphins when they were losing

Sean LaChapelle said:
they must not be French-Canadian or they would have abandoned the Dolphins when they were losing

Roflmao!:roflmao:

I am from Regina Sask, and I have always loved the phins. I don't see to many Phin fans around here. In Regina there are alot of Rider fans. (CFL football) But NFL is just about as big a deal.

Back
Top Bottom