Why are there so many Canadian Fins Fans? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are there so many Canadian Fins Fans?

I'm from London Ontario, Canada. Dan Marino was one of the main reasons I became a Fins fan. Well that and we have no football around here (CFL) :roflmao:. I also can't stand the Jills but half of my friends are Jills fans. What I want to know is how come a while ago I always seen CFL games on the Sunshine Network. I'd rather watch Fins Tv or College football before that.

I'm another 'die hard' from the greater Toronto area..........Oakville, Ontario to be more precise. Anyhoot, I can credit one person for the influence of my being a big fin fan and that is Mr. Marino. For one, I looooooooooooooove football. We ALL know that the talent level in football overwhelmingly rests in the NFL, and I don't care what CFL fans say to contest it. So when it comes to football, what position is always looked at, criticized, broken down, game films etc, etc ? Obviously the QB. What does the QB do? Calls the plays,checks down and ultimately delivers the ball. Well, nobody, and I do mean NOBODY delivered that ball with more consistency, pop, and pinpoint precision as a pure passer (and pure passer is ultimately what defines the QB and not all that Flutie Flake crap that the little tick flea did up here and in that huge trailor park we've come to know as Barfallo!) better or even as good as Marino. Still a die hard. Aqua n' orange continue to flow in these veins. I attended the game in Pro Player for Marino's retirement ceremony during halftime of the Ravens vs Fins. My wife and I (and now my newborn lil' girl who is already wearing Miami colors) try our damnest to make it down to South Florida at least once every year or two years to soak in the sun and salt air and watch the Fins at Pro Player soak their dirt covered cleats in some poor Barfallonian buttheads mouth on the fifty yard line! Thanks Dan, not just for the memories you left us with, but for also the ones that await us!!

Ontario

I am a BIG fan from Guelph, Ontario. When I was a younger, I traded jackets with a friend of mine and it happened to be a dolphins jacket. At that time, I had no idea who they were but then started watching games and the rest is history. After a losing season, I am more behind the Phins that ever and am excited to see what Saban can do. Got to get to Miami someday! :cooldude:

Maritime fan

Hey fellow Canadian fin fans! I would have to say that I became A fins fan before MArino but I remember that entire era clearly. Great years. I bet you all have rejoiced with the NFL package here at home. I love my fins. Love em. I should also add that here in PEI Canada we do say Eh a lot along with crazy other slang.
I was wondering, i bet every one of you remember excactly where you were when you first heard the news that bast**d Ricky quit/retired. I was at work saw it on TSN. Nearly fell down. We never recovered.
Oh one other thing? what does IMO or IMAO mean? its on all these posts? I just dont know.
Chris

Edge said:
Hey fellow Canadian fin fans! I would have to say that I became A fins fan before MArino but I remember that entire era clearly. Great years. I bet you all have rejoiced with the NFL package here at home. I love my fins. Love em. I should also add that here in PEI Canada we do say Eh a lot along with crazy other slang.
I was wondering, i bet every one of you remember excactly where you were when you first heard the news that bast**d Ricky quit/retired. I was at work saw it on TSN. Nearly fell down. We never recovered.
Oh one other thing? what does IMO or IMAO mean? its on all these posts? I just dont know.
Chris

IMO = In My Opinion

ive never IMAO b4

Back
Top Bottom