Why are we so impatient? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are we so impatient?

I don't disagree, but by the same token, don't act like everyone here are a bunch of infantile "now now now" jerks either.

I like Flo, and think he and Grier are totally on the right track, but don't tell me be patient after the parade of incompetence I have put up with, my fandom never wavering.

I have earned the right to bitch about things that i disagree with, and that irritate me. I earned that by paying my dues with idiots like "Queesy", morons like Gase, and pretenders like Cameron.

I have sat by and watched asinine moves, like the Suh signing. I have seen this team pay good $ for guys like that mentally unbalanced LB from Pittsburgh. I sat, dumbfounded, as we MOVED UP to draft..... wait for it....... Dion Jordan.

No my friend, my patience has worn very thin with my beloved Dolphins. If Tua doesn't have his $hit together by the end of next year, I'll no longer have patience with him either.

Love Flo, but if we aren't a strong playoff team by the end of his contract, he and Grier need to pack their belongings and hit the road too.

"Patience" he says..............

(End rant)
If Tua is not the answer by the end of next year Flores will move on. That’s the difference with this regime they will find their man because they won’t settle for less

Meh, I don't know that Herbert's numbers has anything to do with it, in most ppls view.

You hit the nail on the head for some, when you said he was "typical". He was purported to be special, not typical, and the specific areas in which he supposedly excelled should have shown out.

There are also others that wanted a more prototypical QB. Bigger, stronger and, in todays game, faster. Ppl of this belief, such as myself, are going to be from Missouri, until he actually does it.

I'm sorry, ppl are not going to like this, butTua is no different than Charles Harris after his rookie season at this point. High draft choice that has yet to justify his lofty status. You can play "whatabout" all you want. That statement is a basic reality.

Harris never did, Tua still can, though I think average NFL QB is more likely.

oh come on it has everything to do with Herbert. He’s increased expectations of rookie qbs. Take him out of the equation and Tua actually had a very above average rookie year numbers. Not sure the exact number but there’s probably only 7-10 rookie qbs in nfl history that put up better numbers than he did. His performance was deemed not good enough simply because of Herbert and the fact that Miami was a playoff caliber team and he didn’t get us there. If Miami went 5-11 this year and there was no herbert but Tua put up the same number, people would be jumping for joy.

If Tua is not the answer by the end of next year Flores will move on. That’s the difference with this regime they will find their man because they won’t settle for less
My take is...Flo botched the Fitz/Chan thing so bad this year...Flo..is the one that needs to show something or Ross needs to send him packing....A bunch of lucky turnovers and special team scores DO NOT make a franchise coaching staff.
Plus..with these rumors coming out..not sure Flo has control of the locker room.
Flo..YOUR on the clock..

My take is...Flo botched the Fitz/Chan thing so bad this year...Flo..is the one that needs to show something or Ross needs to send him packing....A bunch of lucky turnovers and special team scores DO NOT make a franchise coaching staff.
He had a rebuilding team that had a chance in the playoffs. Thought he did good job with with some growing pains

He had a rebuilding team that had a chance in the playoffs. Thought he did good job with with some growing pains
So...he brought in Chan for Fitz for a run at the playoffs?.....Think about that..
And this talk coming out of the locker room?..It doesn't happen with the Pats.

There is no way to explain Chan....NONE..

We are a year ahead of schedule... anyone who claims that Flo bungled much of anything... is just wrong.

We were coming off of a complete teardown, and he had a young QB who clearly wasn't ready, and yet... we won 10 games. That's coach of the year stuff, right there.

We are a year ahead of schedule... anyone who claims that Flo bungled much of anything... is just wrong.

We were coming off of a complete teardown, and he had a young QB who clearly wasn't ready, and yet... we won 10 games. That's coach of the year stuff, right there.
So Flo brought in Chan for Fitz for a playoff run...If the OC wasn't brought in for your #5 QB pick,but a old journey man....that's ignorant ...
Our D wasn't that good ..turnovers and special teams scores aren't something you hang your hat on.
Flo botched this year.....plain and simple

Impatient for wanting Fitzpatrick to start the entire year and actually make the playoffs?

There is no scenario where playing Tua for 9 games this year changes his career outlook. There hasnt been shown to be a correlation between playing somebody his first year vs sitting and success. Do you think that Tua would somehow be a bust if he sat all this year, but since he played he is going to be in the HOF? No pretty much he is going to have the same career arc either way.

Meh, I don't know that Herbert's numbers has anything to do with it, in most ppls view.

You hit the nail on the head for some, when you said he was "typical". He was purported to be special, not typical, and the specific areas in which he supposedly excelled should have shown out.

There are also others that wanted a more prototypical QB. Bigger, stronger and, in todays game, faster. Ppl of this belief, such as myself, are going to be from Missouri, until he actually does it.

I'm sorry, ppl are not going to like this, butTua is no different than Charles Harris after his rookie season at this point. High draft choice that has yet to justify his lofty status. You can play "whatabout" all you want. That statement is a basic reality.

Harris never did, Tua still can, though I think average NFL QB is more likely.
This is an example where the "I'm being objective guy" stance falls flat on its face. Tua had a typical rookie season within the worst offensive framework in the entire league coming off an injury and having no offseason. THAT'S reality. 3,200 yds 64% 25 total TDs 10 INTs with what to throw to? What to protect him? What in the run game to take any pressure off? In my opinion he had a perfectly fine rookie season. He was being pulled from games when down three ****ing points. It wasn't like he was out there Sanchez'ing it up throwing 4+ picks. Are you looking at those numbers and really thinking to yourself, "Ooomph, that's terrible we need better"?

Charles Harris played on a defensive line that had Suh and a double digit sack Wake. He had guys taking a TON of pressure off of him that would make it easy for anyone, and he still sucked to the tune of 2 sacks so to say their seasons are comparable is disingenuous at best.

Look, I'm sorry that most of this board has a problem with realistic expectations. I'm sorry that you actually expected Tua, who was coming off the injury and had no offseason, to look "special". I argued with everybody back in the middle of the season that starting Tua was going to hurt our playoff chances because although Fitzpatrick isn't some playoff veteran, his experience was going to put him above a rusty rookie. I got killed for it, but here we are.

Last edited:
View attachment 62535View attachment 62536

Two reasons why Dolphins fans should be impatient....

Considerable reasons why Dolphin fans need to show some patience...

1. Tua had no real off-season after being out of football, he will need to work on building a bit more strength, with better technique to increase volocity...Will he ever have a cannon? No, but he can, and probably will eventually have good enough arm to get job done.

2. He had no off-season, it's bad enough he was out of competition playing QB for around a year, had to deal with rehabbing, and trying to come back from a serious injury, going to another team, in a new state, he was not familiar with, with a new HC, and coordinator with new expectations, yet on top of that, no camps, no pre-season to familiarize himself of his new surroundings, teammates, and coaches.

3. Miami before the season even started, lost two starting receivers from last year, then when he came in, Preston Williams started becoming his favorite target (Injury takes him away early)...Parker and Gesicki start becoming weapons for Tua (Both get injured, miss a few games, play rest at not close to 100... heck, not even 70%).

Tua even had to play a half against the Chiefs, and Bengals with no real starting receivers, and the entire Patriots game with little backups at receiver.

4. The O-line were still getting to know each other with at times 3 Rookies, when injuries started to hit, and the line had have some players moved around...did not help to make a Rookie QB feel comfortable.

5. We had an O-coordinator that even admitted his offense was better setup for Fitz, not Tua. He also admitted that in some games, he did Tua little favors by not preparing him right, and what to expect in the games.

6. Miami got more then they expected from a bunch of RBs that are more change of pace, then starting quality.

Opponents knew there was no RB that was going to take over, so they were able to put full attention on just trying to confuse, get to, and pretty much stop Tua...a rookie.

Thus off-season will allow Tua more camps to get in shape and work with his team to get better...Will bring, new and better Receivers that can give Tua more room to pass, as well as being more consistent at actually catching the ball...Will bring an actual starting powerback, that teams will need to think about...The Line will have another year together, and the Rookies, will no longer be rookies...Miami will hopefully bring an O-coordinator that will create an offense that works to Tua's accurate, aggressive style.

So...he brought in Chan for Fitz for a run at the playoffs?.....Think about that..
And this talk coming out of the locker room?..It doesn't happen with the Pats.
Ok, so two years into a complete rebuild you dont like Flores, it’s your opinion, I get that
I know he didn’t bring those guys in figuring they had a shot at the playoffs, he brought Chan and Fitz in for stability for the time being but at the same time had to Groom Tua. I give him credit for having the balls to do that because the locker room could have turned on him. But Flores NEEDS to know if Tua is the guy and the move needed to be done so next season he knows if he’s got it or not. Flores is a guy who wants results in a reasonable time frame, he’s not waiting 7 years like the organization did with Thill

And as far as Chan goes, he did fine for the roster he had, players have to make plays. Did Chan make mistakes along the way? Sure, and can we do better than Chan? I’m sure we can, but the Chan stuff that he sucked here is soooo overrated

And as far as those so-called leaks, if you’re not putting your name on it fake news as far as I’m concerned. And if stuff was said I’m sure most was taken out of context and if not it’s not the player I want on my roster next season

1. Tua had no real off-season after being out of football, he will need to work on building a bit more strength, with better technique to increase volocity...Will he ever have a cannon? No, but he can, and probably will eventually have good enough arm to get job done.

2. He had no off-season, it's bad enough he was out of competition playing QB for around a year, had to deal with rehabbing, and trying to come back from a serious injury, going to another team, in a new state, he was not familiar with, with a new HC, and coordinator with new expectations, yet on top of that, no camps, no pre-season to familiarize himself of his new surroundings, teammates, and coaches.

3. Miami before the season even started, lost two starting receivers from last year, then when he came in, Preston Williams started becoming his favorite target (Injury takes him away early)...Parker and Gesicki start becoming weapons for Tua (Both get injured, miss a few games, play rest at not close to 100... heck, not even 70%).

Tua even had to play a half against the Chiefs, and Bengals with no real starting receivers, and the entire Patriots game with little backups at receiver.

4. The O-line were still getting to know each other with at times 3 Rookies, when injuries started to hit, and the line had have some players moved around...did not help to make a Rookie QB feel comfortable.

5. We had an O-coordinator that even admitted his offense was better setup for Fitz, not Tua. He also admitted that in some games, he did Tua little favors by not preparing him right, and what to expect in the games.

6. Miami got more then they expected from a bunch of RBs that are more change of pace, then starting quality.

Opponents knew there was no RB that was going to take over, so they were able to put full attention on just trying to confuse, get to, and pretty much stop Tua...a rookie.

Thus off-season will allow Tua more camps to get in shape and work with his team to get better...Will bring, new and better Receivers that can give Tua more room to pass, as well as being more consistent at actually catching the ball...Will bring an actual starting powerback, that teams will need to think about...The Line will have another year together, and the Rookies, will no longer be rookies...Miami will hopefully bring an O-coordinator that will create an offense that works to Tua's accurate, aggressive style.
Could be the best summation I have seen of the issues facing Tua. Well done.

Tua has next year to show that he doesn't belong holding a clipboard for a better QB. I'm not big on excuses from a "generational talent" that fell right on his face.

I expected much more from Tua. My expectations weren't as high as his most ardent supporters because I thought the injury should have shelved him for a season. That said, I didn't expect him to look like such a below average QB.

Next season...sh*t or get off the pot Tua.

Back
Top Bottom