Why are we so impatient? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are we so impatient?

You're absolutely correct - MY MISTAKE EVERYBODY - forgot that the Chargers played in the 1994 SB... but that was BEFORE Brees.

That was the SB Miami coulda/shoulda played in and most likely would have won.
I will respectfully disagree with that Miami likely would have won that Super Bowl. That San Fran team was uber talented, and dominant.
It might have been an ugly loss. No way to ever know, but the next year in 1995 Miami and San Fran played on a Monday night in Miami. The outcome of that game might be a hint, if you look it up. Again, not a guaranteed indicator. But a starting point.

Oh I get your frustration and understand it. I wanted playoffs this year after our good start and was disappointed in how the year ended but hope for the future is what I have.
Actually, I took missing the playoffs in stride. The way we lost to the jills, though?........ Lets just say I was "livid" for a couple of days.

Why are we so impatient?

Here's some stats from a QB in his 3rd year in the NFL - tell me who it is:

11 starts - 2,108 yards - 192 per game - 57.58 Comp. % - just 5.9 YPC - 11 TD - 15 INT

HINT: The team that originally drafter this player simply let him go after his rookie contract ended - not even a trade. That team, by the way, has not only failed to win a SB... they haven't even made it to the show SINCE THIS PLAYER WAS LET GO (again, for nothing).

Again, just asking why we're being so impatient. Especially in light of how much better Tua should get without Gailey at OC (just think of Baker Mayfield in Cleveland and how much better he is this year playing within an offensive system that actually works for/with him).

Anyway, curious to see who figures out who the MYSTERY QB is.

I will respectfully disagree with that Miami likely would have won that Super Bowl. That San Fran team was uber talented, and dominant.
It might have been an ugly loss. No way to ever know, but the next year in 1995 Miami and San Fran played on a Monday night in Miami. The outcome of that game might be a hint, if you look it up. Again, not a guaranteed indicator. But a starting point.
I agree, San Fran probably would’ve beat them. I was actually at that game in Miami in 95. The wife (then girlfriend) who is a 49ers fan and I went down for the game. And if I remember correctly, Elvis Grbac (sp?) played that game, not Steve Young and the Phins still lost.

IMO it makes zero sense to be impatient with the development about current players or with current coaches b/c past teams and past coaches sucked. Development and team building take a certain amount of time and just b/c you have frustrations from the past that doesn't change and it doesn't make your impatience reasonable.

IMO it makes zero sense to be impatient with the development about current players or with current coaches b/c past teams and past coaches sucked. Development and team building take a certain amount of time and just b/c you have frustrations from the past that doesn't change and it doesn't make your impatience reasonable.
I agree with that.

That may have been the spirit of the OP, but that's not how I "took it".

Most of us understood from the beginning of the teardown, that ot was a minimum of 3 years, and likely 4, before we would see a "finished" product.

We just expect consistent progress. So far it has gone better than expected, with a couple bumps.

Because most of the posters jerk off to box scores and see herbert's each week and can't wait to go to town on themselves.
You've been on fire lately. No sarcasm. Really been getting a lot of laughs when you imitate trolls on the board, pretty funny stuff man.

You've been on fire lately. No sarcasm. Really been getting a lot of laughs when you imitate trolls on the board, pretty funny stuff man.

:UP:

Just trying to be on the same level as the posts of everyone else. And that wasn't a troll comment. No one even watches Herbert's Chargers games here yet they crown him off his box scores

Back
Top Bottom