Why are we so impatient? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are we so impatient?

I understand. Josh Allen didn't look like anything special to me after his first year:

GS 12 - YARDS 2,074 - YPG 172.8 - COMP 52.8 - Y/A 6.5 - TD 10 - INT 12

This year (year 3):

GS 16 - YARDS 4,544 - YPG 284 - COMP 69.2 - Y/A 7.9 - TD 37 - INT 10

Again, I ask... WHY ARE WE SO IMPATIENT?!?

You can see this pattern with almost all of the QBs of today except Mahomes... who, intelligently, sat his 1st year and, also, inherited an offensive with great players already around him.
.....but.... Tua doesn’t run a 4.5 and can’t throw a ball from the 20 to the 20!

I agree, San Fran probably would’ve beat them. I was actually at that game in Miami in 95. The wife (then girlfriend) who is a 49ers fan and I went down for the game. And if I remember correctly, Elvis Grbac (sp?) played that game, not Steve Young and the Phins still lost.
I went back and checked out the box score. It was, at one point, 31-7 San Fran in the 3rd quarter.
I think the game started with three straight sacks of Marino on three straight plays.

Why are we so impatient?

Here's some stats from a QB in his 3rd year in the NFL - tell me who it is:

11 starts - 2,108 yards - 192 per game - 57.58 Comp. % - just 5.9 YPC - 11 TD - 15 INT

HINT: The team that originally drafter this player simply let him go after his rookie contract ended - not even a trade. That team, by the way, has not only failed to win a SB... they haven't even made it to the show SINCE THIS PLAYER WAS LET GO (again, for nothing).

Again, just asking why we're being so impatient. Especially in light of how much better Tua should get without Gailey at OC (just think of Baker Mayfield in Cleveland and how much better he is this year playing within an offensive system that actually works for/with him).

Anyway, curious to see who figures out who the MYSTERY QB is.
Brees.

Since I was fortunate enough to be at the stadium during the glory years of the Dolphins, I am probably much more patient than the younger fans who have never seen the Dolphins even play in the SB or for many to see the Dolphins actually win a playoff game. So I certainly understand their impatience.

When Ross announced after the 2018 season that the team was going into a complete rebuild, I figured it would take 3-4 years before the team would be able to compete for a playoff spot. So I actually feel the rebuilding job is already a year ahead of where I thought it would be. At 70 years of age I have no idea if I will ever again see the Dolphins win another SB but I hope that all the fans who have lived though two decades of mediocrity will one day experience the thrill of watching the team you root for win the championship.

If it happens before I become worm food, great. If not, I just hope Dolphins fans don’t have to wait another decade or more before this team is competing In another SB.

Honestly, I feel bad for Tua. He obviously isn’t 100% of who he was before his injury. If Fitz kept starting every game I honestly don’t think we win more than 10 games. Most likely we end up 9-7 and possibly 8-8. He was great off the bench but he turned the ball over too much. Our D would’ve had more games like the Bills game. That’s my opinion.

We missed in free agency. We chose the wrong RBs and they never panned out. Our WR core was injured or opted out leaving us with scrap heap players. Ford was one of our best Wrs at the end of the year and the Pats cut him after trading a pick for him. Our line wasn’t able to buy Tua time. Our receivers weren’t getting open. And Tua wasn’t seeing the entire field on every snap.

But he showed flashes in games of incredible vision for a rookie. He made great reads and great throws into tight coverage. He hit receivers behind the defense a number of times only to see the ball dropped. He did look like he needed to work on his strength and conditioning. Something he couldn’t do on crutches. Overall I think that he is an above average starter and a great competitor who can have the Dolphins competing for the playoffs for the foreseeable future.

Do you not remember the injury this kid suffered? Look at Herbert’s rookie season and imagine that he suffered that same injury. He probably wouldn’t have had a rookie season. The other guys that you compare this guy didn’t start until his second season (Mahomes) or didn’t have a season as good as Tua’s rookie season until their third season. (Josh Allen)

Edit: I know that this a positive thread comparing Tua to Brees but all the negativity in these threads because people are scared of how good Josh Allen is in his third year. F$$$k Josh Allen. And Mahomes. And Herbert. And Watson. Let’s get behind Tua.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom