Why are we so impatient? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are we so impatient?

Impatience is the VERY best word for most sports fans. They want instant gratification and anyone who is not an all-pro by their second year is 'garbage' to them.

These folks frustrate the Hell out of me, but what can you do. You either have to deal with their childish antics or just tune out completely... and that's no fun either.

Why are we so impatient?

Here's some stats from a QB in his 3rd year in the NFL - tell me who it is:

11 starts - 2,108 yards - 192 per game - 57.58 Comp. % - just 5.9 YPC - 11 TD - 15 INT

HINT: The team that originally drafter this player simply let him go after his rookie contract ended - not even a trade. That team, by the way, has not only failed to win a SB... they haven't even made it to the show SINCE THIS PLAYER WAS LET GO (again, for nothing).

Again, just asking why we're being so impatient. Especially in light of how much better Tua should get without Gailey at OC (just think of Baker Mayfield in Cleveland and how much better he is this year playing within an offensive system that actually works for/with him).

Anyway, curious to see who figures out who the MYSTERY QB is.

Brees, but v similar to Josh Allen´s rookie stats.

It's a generational thing IMO.

Best yes the past 15 or so years have been extremely trying. Alot of false hope and just bad football from Davie.

But with every new GM, HC and QB we have to withstand each new process. No matter how many want to accelerate growth or skip the growing pains by employing a 38 yr old QB for training wheels and a security blanket.

I think everyone was too spoiled that we won 10 games, so having a shot at a playoff and falling short the way we did made it more frustrating. Thus blaming alot of it on Tua. Then the hating and bashing followed, hes a bust and blah blah blah. What wouldve been a better outcome? Tua having a season and stats like herberts with a losing record, or the 10 win season with Tua (and fitz)? Dont quite understand why everyones giving up on him

Why are we so impatient?

11 starts - 2,108 yards - 192 per game - 57.58 Comp. % - just 5.9 YPC - 11 TD - 15 INT

HINT: The team that originally drafter this player simply let him go after his rookie contract ended - not even a trade. That team, by the way, has not only failed to win a SB... they haven't even made it to the show SINCE THIS PLAYER WAS LET GO (again, for nothing).

Again, just asking why we're being so impatient. Especially in light of how much better Tua should get without Gailey at OC (just think of Baker Mayfield in Cleveland and how much better he is this year playing within an offensive system that actually works for/with him).

Drew Brees.

Since I was fortunate enough to be at the stadium during the glory years of the Dolphins, I am probably much more patient than the younger fans who have never seen the Dolphins even play in the SB or for many to see the Dolphins actually win a playoff game.
Same. Those early '70s teams will always be the Dolphins to me. Everything subsequent has been like The Sting II

I do get very impatient when some team opens at 7-0 or better and especially if it extends beyond Thanksgiving. Mahomes' entire career is going to be a sweat.

Patience with Tua would be fine if we didn't have that #3 pick. I'd have to give Zach Wilson a call if he's there

Why are we so impatient?

It's unfortunately because of Herberts success. I guarantee if Herbert had a good season but not like this. And tua had the season like he did, people wouldn't have jumped on Tua. The reality if Tua's season was not reallydifferent from most rookie qbs season who some end up being good or great qbs.

I think everyone was too spoiled that we won 10 games, so having a shot at a playoff and falling short the way we did made it more frustrating. Thus blaming alot of it on Tua. Then the hating and bashing followed, hes a bust and blah blah blah. What wouldve been a better outcome? Tua having a season and stats like herberts with a losing record, or the 10 win season with Tua (and fitz)? Dont quite understand why everyones giving up on him
I can only speak for myself. But its not giving up on Tua when Watson has come out and named us in particular about trading for him. I have faith in Tua but if we can get Watson, im all in on it.

It's unfortunately because of Herberts success. I guarantee if Herbert had a good season but not like this. And tua had the season like he did, people wouldn't have jumped on Tua. The reality if Tua's season was not reallydifferent from most rookie qbs season who some end up being good or great qbs.
Meh, I don't know that Herbert's numbers has anything to do with it, in most ppls view.

You hit the nail on the head for some, when you said he was "typical". He was purported to be special, not typical, and the specific areas in which he supposedly excelled should have shown out.

There are also others that wanted a more prototypical QB. Bigger, stronger and, in todays game, faster. Ppl of this belief, such as myself, are going to be from Missouri, until he actually does it.

I'm sorry, ppl are not going to like this, butTua is no different than Charles Harris after his rookie season at this point. High draft choice that has yet to justify his lofty status. You can play "whatabout" all you want. That statement is a basic reality.

Harris never did, Tua still can, though I think average NFL QB is more likely.

Rational impatience is based on the failure to meet logical or deserved expectations

Irrational impatience is based on the failure to meet illogical or undeserved expectations.

I would humbly argue that no fan base "deserves" anything in particular as no fanbase is required to support a team or player. There is no subscription or contract that requires a fan to support a team any longer than the duration of a moment. If you don't like the results, move on. There is absolutely no reason to stick around if you feel you deserve a certain result and failed to receive the same. Therefore any sports related impatience is irrational by definition.

I understand. Josh Allen didn't look like anything special to me after his first year:

GS 12 - YARDS 2,074 - YPG 172.8 - COMP 52.8 - Y/A 6.5 - TD 10 - INT 12

This year (year 3):

GS 16 - YARDS 4,544 - YPG 284 - COMP 69.2 - Y/A 7.9 - TD 37 - INT 10

Again, I ask... WHY ARE WE SO IMPATIENT?!?

You can see this pattern with almost all of the QBs of today except Mahomes... who, intelligently, sat his 1st year and, also, inherited an offensive with great players already around him.

Physical specimens always get the benefit of a doubt. I hate comparing Tua to Allen because Allen can do things Tua will never dream about and that is why you are more patient.

Why are we so impatient?

You know it's 2021 right? We haven't had a pro bowl QB in this century. We also have been to two playoff games in it. 47+ years since winning a superbowl. It's not impatience by now. We're into we should have been good by accident by now territory.

Impatience is the VERY best word for most sports fans. They want instant gratification and anyone who is not an all-pro by their second year is 'garbage' to them.

These folks frustrate the Hell out of me, but what can you do. You either have to deal with their childish antics or just tune out completely... and that's no fun either.
Right. So in 2021 we're impatient as Dolphins fans after how many decades of garbage? Really? I know you're the resident contrarian and all but still.

Back
Top Bottom