Why are we so interested in Traylor when.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are we so interested in Traylor when....

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
we had Robinson? Is it that Robinson doesn't fit Saban's scheme? The guy is 6-4 296 but I know Saban wanted Bowens to lose some weight to play DT. Or is it that Robinson was looking for a multi-year contract while Traylor maybe content playing for a 1 yr. deal at this point in the game?

I like Robinson. I assume he was a cap saving move

Are you talking about Bryan Robinson? Traylor eats him for dinner. He's on the Bengals now I think.

Anthony3454 said:
Because Traylor is 6-2 340 lbs.

I know that is his listed weight but I could have sworn I saw the field slant when he was on it.

byroan said:
Are you talking about Bryan Robinson? Traylor eats him for dinner. He's on the Bengals now I think.

Yes I know he's on the Bengals and that Traylor is a lot bigger than him but Robinson did a good job and he's no slouch at close to 300 lbs. I was wondering why we didn't resign him. Traylor is also quite long in the tooth on top of long in the midsection.

just because you're big and fat doesn't make you a good football player, but Traylor is good. Why are we interested in him? We're quite thin at DT, and we dont know what to expect out of Timbo or chester anymore... especially Timbo..

phinfan2003 said:
Yes I know he's on the Bengals and that Traylor is a lot bigger than him but Robinson did a good job and he's no slouch at close to 300 lbs. Traylor is also quite long in the tooth on top of long in the midsection.

That's the whole point Traylor is a wall against the run:cooldude:

twohype said:
That's the whole point Traylor is a wall against the run:cooldude:

I just don't know how durable he could be at his age and at his gurth. I'm also not sure if Saban prefers big old fat DT whose sole purpose is to stop the run or more versatile DT that not only can stop the run but can also pass rush.

Traylor is a better fit for the 20% - 25% of the time we'll be in a 3-4.

phinfan2003 said:
we had Robinson? Is it that Robinson doesn't fit Saban's scheme? The guy is 6-4 296 but I know Saban wanted Bowens to lose some weight to play DT. Or is it that Robinson was looking for a multi-year contract while Traylor maybe content playing for a 1 yr. deal at this point in the game?
Bryan Robinson did a pretty nice job for us last season, but he also played some DE for us too and is undersized for a DT. Yeah, he's 6'4" 296lbs and Keith Traylor is 6'2" 340lbs and YES bigger things come out of Traylor's A$$ than Bryan Robinson.......... well we won't get into that. But.. what I always loved about about Traylor is his presence alone single-handedly can CLOG UP THE GAP. He'll be a huge help to our Rushing D and with him in the middle with a possible Larry Chester or most likely Kevin Carter... I don't see many people getting through the middle. Don't get me wrong I think Kevin Carter is going to be playing some DE too and pass rushing, but I think he would be the best DT we have right now slightly above Chester. I think if we sign Traylor, he will make the jobs of many other players easier ESPECIALLY Zach Thomas. And if you think about that and put two and two together, the results could be SCARY! :eek:

Robinson is not as good as Traylor, unless he is completely broken down. Nor does he fill the same kind of role.

Robinson cant rush the pass, and isnt a big body vs. the run. He's pretty much a body at this point. Traylor holds up against the run, but has no pass rush.

Disgustipate said:
Robinson is not as good as Traylor, unless he is completely broken down. Nor does he fill the same kind of role.

Robinson cant rush the pass, and isnt a big body vs. the run. He's pretty much a body at this point. Traylor holds up against the run, but has no pass rush.

This may not tell the whole story but Robinson in only 9 seasons (compared to 12 by Traylor) has more tackles (270) and sacks (17.5) then Traylor does.

phinfan2003 said:

Dude trust me he is closer to 400 than to 300.

Back
Top Bottom