Why are we still linked to Watson? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are we still linked to Watson?

Why would we still be listening?

Easy... Watson's price has dropped, and it's unlikely that he'll be moved this year anyway.

This way, we get one more year to evaluate Tua... while keeping our hand in.

What's to understand?

just the fact the traded down should tell you they're not looking at any QB's.
Not at drafting one. But Grier added another first round pick when it is going to take several to get Watson. Do i think they will trade for Watson, no. But i dont think they have shown they are committed to Tua.

Why would we still be listening?

Easy... Watson's price has dropped, and it's unlikely that he'll be moved this year anyway.

This way, we get one more year to evaluate Tua... while keeping our hand in.

What's to understand?
so you're saying we won't trade for him this year but we could next year? if that's what you're saying then sure, anything is possible. I don't believe we're trading for him this year and tbh, I doubt any team will at this point. Nothing will happen till all that stuff is clear and that won't happen anytime soon.

Not at drafting one. But Grier added another first round pick when it is going to take several to get Watson. Do i think they will trade for Watson, no. But i dont think they have shown they are committed to Tua.

Fitzpatrick is gone. They hired a coach in Charlie Frye who had a direct coaching relationship with Tua, to be the QB coach. They kept the current offensive coordinator duo in tact to keep the continuity for Tua. While they did bring in Fuller (an offensive weapon with the ability to separate), they also brought in Robert Foster, who was at Bama when Tua was there.

Enlighten us on what else needs to be done for them to "show" they are committed to Tua at this juncture prior to the draft, because from what I see, all the moves have been "Tua" moves.

Not to mention multiple times the Coach and GM reiterating they are in on Tua.

so you're saying we won't trade for him this year but we could next year? if that's what you're saying then sure, anything is possible. I don't believe we're trading for him this year and tbh, I doubt any team will at this point. Nothing will happen till all that stuff is clear and that won't happen anytime soon.
He is radioactive as of right now... There is no way that anyone is going to trade for him til it becomes clear whether the police and/or the NFL is going to take an interest in his case.

If he sticks to his guns and sits out... we'll be right back here in the offseason... maybe even by mid-season if the legal stuff is resolved.

While I am hoping this does not happen... Tua could be injured again, or just stink it up in the first part of the year... at that time we'd be smart to have had an open line to Houston.

It's just due diligence.

He is radioactive as of right now... There is no way that anyone is going to trade for him til it becomes clear whether the police and/or the NFL is going to take an interest in his case.

If he sticks to his guns and sits out... we'll be right back here in the offseason... maybe even by mid-season if the legal stuff is resolved.

While I am hoping this does not happen... Tua could be injured again, or just stink it up in the first part of the year... at that time we'd be smart to have had an open line to Houston.

It's just due diligence.

The problem Deshaun is gonna have is, even if he is "cleared", criminally and civilly, teams are going to have serious hesitation giving up the type of capital that will be required to make him "the face" of their franchise.

At this point every single woman has to literally say "jokes on you he did nothing to us we made it all up" for this to be officially "cleared" from a PR perspective.

Its not even about just this case, as the amount of women is over 50. They gotta dig into his Clemson days and even his high school days because the risk is so great due to the price and the amount of women involved in just this "Houston" case.

Big Ben was already on Pittsburgh. Michael Vick didn't cost Philly anything. A team giving up multiple first round picks and a big contract for Deshaun after something like this is a very big ask and that price would have to come down drastically for any team to take it seriously.

Countdown to @Dan13Forever joining this thread in excitement.
Fact : everything so far are NOT criminal. Money can make it go away.
Fact : we still have the most draft capital 2022 2023
Fact : maimi still has good weather, no state income tax, and ready to win team.

If Watson clear up the mess before game one, don't count it out.

** You ask for it, you get it **

Hard to believe that some people still think there's a chance we're trading for him. EVERYTHING this team has done this off season points to us being all in on Tua. now some people like that and some people don't which is fine but we're not trading for watson.
Getting weapons, why does it exclusive for Tua? Other plays qb position would not benefit from better weapon?

This has to be BS right?

Nobody who actually know anything is talking to anyone. This is all speculation. I don’t see how anyone can trade for this guy until his legal troubles shake out and more clarity is had.

They made no effort to bring back Fitzpatrick. They signed a career backup with a few starts to come in and back up Tua. They appear to have no interest in any of the so called top 5 QB’s in this years draft and the view by many is the Dolphins will use the draft to add talented skill position players on offense.
‘Flores stated months ago that Tua is the starting QB next season. If all that doesn’t say the Dolphins are committed to Tua, I’m not sure what you need to believe they are committed to him.

Nah. I'm monitoring the situation and I don't even want him. Now a criminal charge placed? This guy is ebola. No way we get him.
While my view is you are innocent until proven guilty, I never wanted the Dolphins to trade for Watson before all these lawsuits were filed. So with his legal troubles and the fact the NFL is also conducting an investigation of Watson. I don’t expect any team to have an interest in trading for Watson at this time.

Back
Top Bottom