Why aren't there many great QB anymore? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why aren't there many great QB anymore?

The Goat

Escape Goat
Club Member
Reaction score
This has utterly baffled me for about ten years now.

Remember the 80s and 90s, when there were great pocket passers all over the place?

Now, where are the great QB?

I refuse to believe that there are just randomly NO PEOPLE who can throw the ball anymore. I swear, I'm itching for my son to mature about three years. He's most likely going to be about 6'2', 210 pounds, with a rocket right arm. Because, good God, if he has measurables, he might be a practice squad QB for 6 years. He could be the next Charlie Whitehurst.

Seriously. Richard Todd would be making $12mm a year if he was playing today.

I really don't get it. Is it coaching? Is it totally misunderstanding the position? Is it a fluke?

Talk to me.

I'm old enough to remember in the 1970's people saying how come there are no more great qb's? No Unitis' no Starr's. Then in the 80's it was home come there are no more Bradshaw's or Staubach's? Then came why are there no more Marino's, Elway's or Montana's? In A few years people will ask why are there no Brees, Rodgers, Brady or Manning's? For some reason we alway's seem to either greatly overrate or underrate the qb's that are playing in their present timeline.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are still great QBs but a lot of poorly run organizations that hinder said QBs.

Also, I think with how simple a lot of College offenses have become you're seeing less NFL ready QBs.

Back
Top Bottom