Why Baker is Captain | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Baker is Captain

No arguments, no saying the team sucks, no saying the players turned on Flores. Just praising a young kid who knows the team is being criticized and knows some inside locker room were ready to bail

I saw this referenced in another thread, but you did the right thing my giving it it's own.

It totally illuminates the difference between JB and MF.

One I want on my team, and as he says "would go to war with", the other I could care less if he leaves, other than the wasted draft pick, and it's not like it's the first or will be the last.

One has the ability to build trust, and lead grown men, the other, not so much.

Don't get me wrong, there is a place for the Minkas of the league, maybe even on this team, but he's not the one of the two that I want on my six when the going gets tough.

Baker is a captain of a defense that gave up 59 points to a running back who can throw...

He was so non-descript last Sunday until he made me wonder if I was dead wrong about Kiko. I hope he wasn't running his mouth about another player when his assignments were just as missed as the next man.

Baker is a captain of a defense that gave up 59 points to a running back who can throw...

He was so non-descript last Sunday until he made me wonder if I was dead wrong about Kiko. I hope he wasn't running his mouth about another player when his assignments were just as missed as the next man.

Again missing the whole point of the post for a chance to bash the team. NEXT

Jackson looked pretty good from the pocket. He had a lot of time, sure, but he made some nice throws nonetheless.

Baker is an interesting player to watch moving forward because I’m not really sure where he fits in a multiple front defense. He’s more the size of a box safety as compared to the typical ILB. I want to see how they use him since he seems more than willing to do whatever to help the team win.

Missed assignments is not the issue here. Attitude is.

I see by your other posts that you feel there is nothing wrong with Minka's attituted, but from what I see, a wide majority disagree.

We all know assignments were blown by virtually every player. The score makes that painfully obvious.

It's a new, very complex scheme, that's going to take time to install.
Ppl are not ripping Minkah, primarily because of his play. It's because of how he reacted to adversity, as well as his prior complaining, before the game was even played.

I have been critical of Baker, mostly because he hasn't learned his assignments and isn't good vs. the run. But, I gotta say, this is a great time to step up and show leadership, and he was selected as a captain, and I'm very happy to see him responding in time of need.

though upon further review... may have also been shade at Minkah

its not shade at minkah. its a common MLK quote. He publicly supported Minkah this week. Yes its relevant, but what makes Baker a leader if he publicly supports Minkah and then subliminally takes a shot at him? Come on now.

Back
Top Bottom