Why Bama's Fall in the Rankings to 5 is Good for Miami...?? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Bama's Fall in the Rankings to 5 is Good for Miami...??

Muschamp may be gone after this year. Wouldn’t surprise me if he comes to work for Saban again on defense.

South Carolina tackles better than Alabama. That’s why they beat Georgia.

At this point a call to brother Bill might not even be a bad idea. Tackling is horrific, and Diggs is no George Teague. Stop trying to rip the ball out instead of tackling.
This is what I don't want to happen so it probably will.

Bama still has plenty of talent to compete with anyone in the country - they are younger than normal at several positions and Tua was/is hurt.

If I were an LSU fan, I would hope UA doesn't somehow get in the playoffs. Hell, they may not make it out of the SEC championship game with a win.

I'm not so sure about this. Alabama's power rating is still extremely high, well within the top 4 in every major source. In fact, it is a considerable drop off to 5 and lower.

They might need one minor upset or favorable outcome to advance back into the playoffs, but it's hardly much of a long shot. Not much below 50/50. if I had to estimate.

Strength of schedule is an invention of idiots. I have no idea how the younger generations became so obsessed with that type of thing. They used it as absolute argument and can't believe anyone can dismiss it or devalue it. I have had plenty of fun parrying their simplistic attempts on college football boards the past decade or so.

The committee is looking for the 4 best teams. That has been the stated priority throughout. Best team doesn't necessarily mean the best resume. I can have the best resume and be a double digit underdog. There's going to be tons of insistence in that room that Alabama is among the four best, if they finish with one defeat.

Alabama has been excused for home defeats before. Multiple times, including at least two recent championship seasons. It has annoyed the heck out of me but not because I ever questioned whether they were among the best teams.

BTW, I guess if the Alabama defense is terrible it means Tua has carried that team and we need to adjust in that direction.
Tua is carrying that team and yes it would take a miracle for Bama to get in and part of me would like to see it happen - and Miracles do happen but it would also add to Tua own Resume so I am torn

if Baylor wins out it would be hard to keep them out and I here Oregon May also have a case but I doubt the current top three Aren’t there even though Clemson also has a soft schedule

This is what I don't want to happen so it probably will.

Bama still has plenty of talent to compete with anyone in the country - they are younger than normal at several positions and Tua was/is hurt.

If I were an LSU fan, I would hope UA doesn't somehow get in the playoffs. Hell, they may not make it out of the SEC championship game with a win.

LSU will easily win the SEC championship game. UGA and Fromm can’t keep up. I think UGAs loss in the SEC championship this year will get Bama into the playoffs. A LSU vs Bama rematch makes for good ratings.

LSU will easily win the SEC championship game. UGA and Fromm can’t keep up. I think UGAs loss in the SEC championship this year will get Bama into the playoffs. A LSU vs Bama rematch makes for good ratings.
Georgia, Oregon, Penn st and Oklahoma are all better teams right now than bama. The only ones that want see lsu/bama again are sec fans

Although bama's defense doesnt "suck" they arent what they have been. They are 30th in total defense which would be 6th best in the SEC. They gave up 450 yards to both Ole Miss and South Carolina. 31 Points to Ole Miss and 24 points to SC. A&M scored 28 and had 389 yards of offense. They gave up over 500 yards to LSU and 46 points.

Don't be fooled. They are being carried by that offense lead by number 13.

Doesn't seem to matter how many people acknowledge that Alabama's defense isn't good --- it's not getting through to a faction of people with certain agendas.

Trevon Diggs can’t tackle and plays the ball poorly in the air. But has the length and speed the NFL loves to overdraft at CB.

Jared Mayden isn’t good enough to even be on a Bama defensive roster 6 or 8 years ago. He’s awful.

Raekwon Davis hasn’t developed any since his sophomore year.

Anfernee Jennings is a good player. Consistent. Smart. Tough.

Terrell Lewis is an injury looking for a place to happen. Can rush the passer and occasionally makes a freakish play that only few can make - like the pick six on Tua in the spring game a few years ago.

Staff has been trying to replace Shyheim Carter for 2 years but none of the freshman or sophomores can learn the defense well enough to take his job.

LaBryan Ray has been out for the season with a knee injury.

Dylan Moses has missed the entire season with a torn ACL.

The rest are freshman and sophomores that aren’t ready.

Xavier McKinney is the best tackler on the defense and a great player. Him and Moses are the only two players I’d give a 1st round grade on this defense.

Can't convince the dense of this. Which tells me they don't watch many of the games and are forming opinions based on past performance and reputation and what they think they know because of it.

This current defense is worse than the 2014 version that got stomped by Ohio State.

Georgia, Oregon, Penn st and Oklahoma are all better teams right now than bama. The only ones that want see lsu/bama again are sec fans
I am a PSU fan of 40 years and they are terribly overrated

Last edited:

When UGA gets blown out in the SEC Championship, Bama will move back up considering how close the final score was vs LSU. UGA is one dimensional and once the run is shut down, game over. Fromm isn’t keeping the game close like Tua did.

Uh oh, Tua hurt again. Might actually help our cause to land him with these injuries piling up.

Looks like the hip, shouldn’t have been in the game but I can’t blame him for wanting another drive.

Certainly not playing next week against Western Carolina.

Yeah let’s Draft a QB with 2 bad ankles and a bad HIP, Smart Drafting right there.
Maybe he's taking a dive for Miami, because he doesn't want to go to Cinci…...:lol:
Ps. People not wanting to draft him because of the injuries is the same reason why Deshaun Watson fell in the draft when in reality he should've been picked in the top 5, regardless of his injuries.

Last edited:
Not playing next week? According to a tweet I just saw by a doctor, Tua might never play again

Back
Top Bottom