Why Be Mad? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Be Mad?

I’m not mad that we lost or are in for a rough season, I’m frustrated that it looks like we whiffed on another head coach. Quality coaches don’t let an opponent hang 59 points on them AT HOME!

Yes, because that Miami Home field advantage has been our saving grace heading to the playoffs.

Cant remember VIP chat ever being as as calm during a game as it was yesterday

I knew what this season was about and I accepted that. What I saw today was concerning on numerous levels. 59-10 does not happen in the NFL. It is hard to lose by that margin in the NFL, the mathematics say we should not be going 0-16 and playing like that. we will see how this plays out, but if we show up like this every week no quarterback will save us from the damage we have done to this team

October 26, 2017

Miami fielding a team with Matt Moore, Kenny Stills, Jarvis Landry, Suh, Wake, Alonso, Jones, Ajayi and many other NFL caliber players...were steam rolled by the Ravens despite Baltimore being a .500 club.

With all that NFL talent Miami was held scoreless as Baltimore won 40 to 0. But hey, yesterday in comparison was a bridge too far.

Please.....

I'm not mad, however I am alarmed at the prospect that we will keep this idiot front office on after the tanking job is done.

Also, my honest suggestion: Pose the question you asked in the thread title to people who paid for tickets to see this garbage.

People had zero problems paying to watch a bottom 5 offense and defense the past 2 years. Being dead last is just the natural order of things.

All we heard this off-season was “Tank , Tank, Tank!”

We get our asses kicked today and everyone’s running around screaming like Stewart’s dad from Beavis and Butt-head when their house gets robbed...like they expected us to actually compete for something....

Why be mad? This is what the people wanted...it’s going to be a rough season with hopefully a pot of gold (QB) at the end.

The anger at the team/ownership/front office is completely unwarranted and short-sighted tbh.
I predicted this response weeks ago when everyone was calling for the tank and "we won't win more than 2 games this year."

The plan is in place but let's freak out. I was not a fan of the blowout but now I want to see how the team and coaches respond.

Much better losing this game, this way, week 1 than week 17.

I said many times that I think this team will be better the last week of the season than it is the first week.

My biggest concern is/was we go 0-16. Just don't want that in our record books but it seems like a legit possibility. There is still room for this team to really improve......OBVIOUSLY, this year.

Additionally, Lamar Jackson was lights out. This wasn't just a case of our bad team making him look great. He was pin point accurate down the field with a flick of the wrist. Beyond impressive. Zero question I would take him right now over all 4 QB's that went ahead of him last year. It helps to have a clean pocket.

Am mad...I wasn't for tanking

Additionally, Lamar Jackson was lights out. This wasn't just a case of our bad team making him look great. He was pin point accurate down the field with a flick of the wrist. Beyond impressive. Zero question I would take him right now over all 4 QB's that went ahead of him last year. It helps to have a clean pocket.

He was lights out because he had all day to throw and multiple wide receivers wide open on almost every pass play.

Heck, on the one touchdown pass, we held one guy and another guy was wide open in the end zone, no one within 10 yards of him. That IS a case of a bad team making him look great.

Not mad in the slightest. The writing was always on the wall.

One of the issues is you at least want to be competitive ... you want something to build on. You'd like to at least see some semblance of a plan for the new QB you just gave up picks for. Competency from the new staff (play calling, time management, gameplan, player development, etc) would also be a plus.

I could go on and on but there's bad and then there's this. Be prepared for a lot of this.

I would completely agree if this were game 6+ of the season. For crying out loud it’s only game one against an opponent that routinely kicked out butts pretty good when we had Tannehill and Wake and all the others.

That’s part of what I don’t get. Had Wake and Tannehill been here then what? Baltimore would have kicked our butts by 1-2 TDS less and then what? We’re still 0-1 with little to no chance at the playsoffs and literally no resources to build going forward. The same cycle of mediocrity.

I don’t think anyone can say at this ONE game stage of Flores and crew are the guys. But guess what? If he isn’t and is fired at the end of the season( Which I strongly doubt) at least you know the new staff will come in with resources to build this team quickly.

I don’t know about the rest of y’all but I’m stunned I thought for sure this was our year for a Super Bowl. Never saw us being bad at all, absolutely shocked.

Back
Top Bottom