Why Be Mad? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Be Mad?

There's tanking and there's whatever the hell that was yesterday..
Does losing by 20 and losing by 49 really make a difference? Loss is a loss. Think they had a rough start and with it being Flores first game, everything went downhill and lost control. We knew this year was going to be filled with losing, who cares how much we lose by every game.

I'm not mad and actually this will be an easy season for me to watch. I don't expect to win any games so I won't be nervous. I do want to see players making progress. Yesterday Williams had 3 catches in one drive including a nice catch for a TD. Almost had that other one but you can't blame him there as the safety put his helmet right on the football and he still almost came down with it. That's something I was hoping to see from more than just one guy thought but we've got 15 more games to go. I want to see players that are not giving up and are making plays even if we're losing. We need to see which players are part of the future and which players aren't. That's all I want to see.

Does losing by 20 and losing by 49 really make a difference? Loss is a loss. Think they had a rough start and with it being Flores first game, everything went downhill and lost control. We knew this year was going to be filled with losing, who cares how much we lose by every game.

Clearly, You should know that's too much logic for this emotional fan-base. It's better apparently when we lost all the other times to this team by 20-30 pts with Wake, Branch, Jones and Tannehill. It was closer so therefore not as bad or something?

I hope Ross and Co. hold steady, take the lumps, take the criticism, evaluate the players and coaching that need to be here going forward. Don't deviate one bite. It's going to be tough. But at least at the end of this season we'll be in a stronger position to do something about it than we've been in the last 10-15 years.

Will it work? Who knows. But, I'd rather have the chance to draft the best QB, loads of picks to build around him and loads of money to get some quality players through FA.

I am so tired of 6-10, 7-9, 8-8 and watching this franchise lie to us year after year that we're just a couple pieces away, so I will stomach the beatings this year. We are finally going to get our shot at the top QB, which all things considered is the best move.

I just wish Jerry Jeudy came with Tua. :cry

Not mad here. When we got Fitz, I knew where we were going. Trading of a second for Rosen was a little exciting, but then realized he will not be our QB of the future because we are tanking for that guy. So why get him?
I thought we could be competitive with our receivers and backs but when we traded away our QB protector, Tunsil, it was clear that even being competitive was not on the table.
I did think that Miami's defense would be better than today's effort with defensive minded Flores coming in. I also believe like others do, if the culture is sour, good players will continue to avoid this place.
Maybe the plan is for Tua and Josh to battle with the other as a backup

I’m not mad that we lost or are in for a rough season, I’m frustrated that it looks like we whiffed on another head coach. Quality coaches don’t let an opponent hang 59 points on them AT HOME!

They do, when they have talent stripped from them, and the general plan is to build a young team mostly through the draft with huge amounts of picks in the next few years...Check how great the Cowboys were in the 1990s early on For JJ...Check to see how great the Patriots were early on for Bill Belichick.

Mumbling Flores was a horrible choice for headcoach but if he helps us get that number 1 overall pick next season, its worth the trouble.

This building culture non-sense isn't going to happen this season anyway. Alot of the players we have today won't be apart of the future of this team so who cares?

Let the team lose out, hope the Texans have a shitty year and lets FINALLY build this thing the right way.

Flores might be a one & done coach similar to what happened in Arizona last season.

Which is perfect for Miami. Bring in a guy way in over his head and then send him off Cam Cameron style next season after we nab that 1st overall pick.

Just as planned.

Hmmm... interesting theory. If you are going to tank, bring in a coach that you think isn't good enough to win.

I'm not buying it... but it is fun to say.

Team roster basically gutted from bloated contracts to unnecessary overpaid contracts, etc. Less than 7 days to opening day 14 let me repeat 14 NEW players brought in and some here think woohoo playoffs? Not a chance

I survived the 2007 season as a fan; heard all the running jokes from fans of other teams and the media. The 2008 season should've have been the starting point of a full rebuild. Unfortunately a 11-5 season and a divisional championship will give you those beer goggles kinda moments.

The point in all of this is: I've never seen the FINS adhere to a FULL rebuild process. One bad season and following offseason spend FA $$$ like it's going out of style (the whole one player or a few players away delusion). Media gives the Fins props for massive yet underwhelming/disappointing FA signings over the years and the pattern continued over and over again.

The season's a wash and so evaluate what talent is there on the roster and of course acquire more talent through the draft. Invest wisely in FA spending. Baseball analogy....just hit for contact NOT for the fences every swing.

There's losing and there's not even being competitive and looking like some College teams could beat you. You don't find a lot of teams going from 0-16 or 1-15 to championships with the same GM/Coach

There's losing and there's not even being competitive and looking like some College teams could beat you. You don't find a lot of teams going from 0-16 or 1-15 to championships with the same GM/Coach

40-0 in 2017. With the same 2 teams. Except that Miami team was supposed to have legit NFL players then.

Back
Top Bottom