Why Be Mad? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Be Mad?

Who told you that lie? Also, your bar for success is Adam Gase?

Landry? Stills? Ajayi?

I'm talking about recent history. Like 2 years ago recent history.

Selective editing. Cute. But it smells.

40 - 0 in 2017.

All we heard this off-season was “Tank , Tank, Tank!”

We get our asses kicked today and everyone’s running around screaming like Stewart’s dad from Beavis and Butt-head when their house gets robbed...like they expected us to actually compete for something....

Why be mad? This is what the people wanted...it’s going to be a rough season with hopefully a pot of gold (QB) at the end.

The anger at the team/ownership/front office is completely unwarranted and short-sighted tbh.

I agree with you here.

The Dolphins are damned if they do, damned if they don't. Fans were critical of their direction when they were floundering around at 8-8 and 7-9 most seasons. Now that they've taken a hard direction, fans are still upset.

I get it. It's hard to go through losing seasons. And it's harder to watch what happened yesterday, when they made a guy that can't really play the QB position look like an all-pro.

BUT, this is the price that must be paid in order to keep from being middle of the pack and not having draft position to land a closer to a sure thing QB.

I'll be more upset if they deviate from the current course and win some meaningless games later in the season OR if Tua doesn't declare.

Because originally we thought we just lacked talent. Now it looks like we might also lack coaches and a GM responsible for picking those coaches as well, which is scary because they might for some reason get the benefit of the doubt and still be here to sink more than just this season. Not hard to understand why people might be mad, even those who are all for a tank season such as myself.

you think people are mad now, wait til they blow the picks and money and ross sells and they move the team to london.

I’m not mad that we lost or are in for a rough season, I’m frustrated that it looks like we whiffed on another head coach. Quality coaches don’t let an opponent hang 59 points on them AT HOME!

Dude, remember the lack of talent this coach is dealing with. Remember we signed about 13 guys who were cut from other teams and implemented them with about a week to blend in and learn what’s going on. I really don’t think Shula himself could’ve escaped a worse loss. I just don’t think we can evaluate this Flores guy just yet. Grier better pull off a miracle next draft or we’re really ****ed

I'm not mad. People say it's a long season. Sure, if you're a player and you're taking a beating. For a fan? It's only 16 weeks with no playoffs. That's nothing. It's less than 1/3 of a calendar year. It will be over before you know it.

All we heard this off-season was “Tank , Tank, Tank!”

We get our asses kicked today and everyone’s running around screaming like Stewart’s dad from Beavis and Butt-head when their house gets robbed...like they expected us to actually compete for something....

Why be mad? This is what the people wanted...it’s going to be a rough season with hopefully a pot of gold (QB) at the end.

The anger at the team/ownership/front office is completely unwarranted and short-sighted tbh.

100% beat the Pats once go 1-15 show signs of life and get on to next year...we're not making the playoffs let alone winning a super bowl...why want another 6-8 win season...tank boys

1st real game with new coaches, new scheme, and new players. What’d you all expect? I sure as hell wasn't expecting much especially for the 1st game of the year.

Not mad in the slightest. The writing was always on the wall.

One of the issues is you at least want to be competitive ... you want something to build on. You'd like to at least see some semblance of a plan for the new QB you just gave up picks for. Competency from the new staff (play calling, time management, gameplan, player development, etc) would also be a plus.

I could go on and on but there's bad and then there's this. Be prepared for a lot of this.

Disagree...being competitive leads to accidentally winning 5+ games...which we've been for 20 years...I want to be awful

Bingo! How could you have faith in Flores even when he gets his QB if the team looks lost in the secondary and commits 2 million penalties?

Yeah 1 game...run him out of town on a rail...Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 first year with the Cowboys

1st real game with new coaches, new scheme, and new players. What’d you all expect? I sure as hell wasn't expecting much especially for the 1st game of the year.
Don't disagree but it was worse than bad. Bring something opening day. Lose but not that bad.

I'm not mad and actually this will be an easy season for me to watch. I don't expect to win any games so I won't be nervous. I do want to see players making progress. Yesterday Williams had 3 catches in one drive including a nice catch for a TD. Almost had that other one but you can't blame him there as the safety put his helmet right on the football and he still almost came down with it. That's something I was hoping to see from more than just one guy thought but we've got 15 more games to go. I want to see players that are not giving up and are making plays even if we're losing. We need to see which players are part of the future and which players aren't. That's all I want to see.

This

Apparently, they were expecting a much better performance against a team that's kick our butts when we had Wake and Tannehill and the rest.
I honestly don't get it.

Yeah 1 game...run him out of town on a rail...Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 first year with the Cowboys

Jimmy Johnson came with a resume that said he was worthy of being hired in the first place. Not a fair comparison.

Anyway, I don't know what's going to happen to Flores, but with 16 weeks of what we saw yesterday, I'd wager on a summary sacking on Black Monday.

Back
Top Bottom