Why Be Mad? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Be Mad?

CedarPhin

King of the Moondoggers
Club Member
Reaction score
All we heard this off-season was “Tank , Tank, Tank!”

We get our asses kicked today and everyone’s running around screaming like Stewart’s dad from Beavis and Butt-head when their house gets robbed...like they expected us to actually compete for something....

Why be mad? This is what the people wanted...it’s going to be a rough season with hopefully a pot of gold (QB) at the end.

The anger at the team/ownership/front office is completely unwarranted and short-sighted tbh.

Over 50% of FH has strongly advocated tanking for months. However, the first rule of Tank Club is not to talk about Tank Club. Rather than focus on some personnel shortcomings from the Baltimore game, let's acknowledge that the Ravens looked great and we must continue to salivate for an unnamed Alabama QB (and on the Draft capital accumulated). It's going to be a long season. Hang in there.

Not mad in the slightest. The writing was always on the wall.

One of the issues is you at least want to be competitive ... you want something to build on. You'd like to at least see some semblance of a plan for the new QB you just gave up picks for. Competency from the new staff (play calling, time management, gameplan, player development, etc) would also be a plus.

I could go on and on but there's bad and then there's this. Be prepared for a lot of this.

I'm not mad, however I am alarmed at the prospect that we will keep this idiot front office on after the tanking job is done.

Also, my honest suggestion: Pose the question you asked in the thread title to people who paid for tickets to see this garbage.

No reason to be mad. When you build (by design) the worst NFL roster in the history of the league, results like today shouldn't be that surprising. Especially against a really good football team like the Ravens.

But the fact is this season is going to test the fanbase, it's going to test the players, and it's going to test the coaches. And it won't be pretty. So this reaction (or over-reaction) you're seeing right now within the fans? It's just the beginning.

All we heard this off-season was “Tank , Tank, Tank!”

We get our asses kicked today and everyone’s running around screaming like Stewart’s dad from Beavis and Butt-head when their house gets robbed...like they expected us to actually compete for something....

Why be mad? This is what the people wanted...it’s going to be a rough season with hopefully a pot of gold (QB) at the end.

The anger at the team/ownership/front office is completely unwarranted and short-sighted tbh.

Agree with where you are coming from. Not a fan of knee jerk reactions, ie - player has 1 good game sign him to a multi year deal or 1 bad so bench him.
Although 59-10 is a very rocky start this team is very raw both in experience and playing together. The key is if start coming together and improve as the season goes on also some of the some young players we are hoping to have long term futures step up and show they are diamonds in the rough.

I'm not mad, but I expected to lose games where we at least looked like a NFL team and had close losses. That was another level of terrible and it completely embarrassed the fans and the franchise.

Fans need to call the police on this swindler Stephen Ross and his gang of bandits. Put them behind bars and put a lock on that building.

I knew what this season was about and I accepted that. What I saw today was concerning on numerous levels. 59-10 does not happen in the NFL. It is hard to lose by that margin in the NFL, the mathematics say we should not be going 0-16 and playing like that. we will see how this plays out, but if we show up like this every week no quarterback will save us from the damage we have done to this team

Not mad here. When we got Fitz, I knew where we were going. Trading of a second for Rosen was a little exciting, but then realized he will not be our QB of the future because we are tanking for that guy. So why get him?
I thought we could be competitive with our receivers and backs but when we traded away our QB protector, Tunsil, it was clear that even being competitive was not on the table.
I did think that Miami's defense would be better than today's effort with defensive minded Flores coming in. I also believe like others do, if the culture is sour, good players will continue to avoid this place.

The vast majority of fans on here, and elsewhere, aren't mad. A blind man saw this coming after last season. The only people that are mad are the ones who as of this past week were still posting about the Dolphins in the playoff mix and how it wouldn't be the weirdest thing ever for them to be in the Super Bowl.

What a difference the start of the season makes.

I was expecting the worst so I'm not mad at all . All for tanking & getting a top pick but damn Flores seems like a deer in the headlights out there. We weren't even remotely competitive and it looked like a score that resembled Bama vs Morehead State or some lopsided college score ya know? smh.

Flores might be a one & done coach similar to what happened in Arizona last season.

Back
Top Bottom