Why Be Mad? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Be Mad?

I’m not mad, I hope to see improvement. I also hope that Rosen turns out to be the guy so that we can use the picks for other positions.

Jimmy Johnson came with a resume that said he was worthy of being hired in the first place. Not a fair comparison.

Anyway, I don't know what's going to happen to Flores, but with 16 weeks of what we saw yesterday, I'd wager on a summary sacking on Black Monday.
Let's not pretend we know what they are being told. What's in the press is different.

Yeah all I am saying is although Ross clearly signed off on having an awful season, and all parties seem to be aware of this, if the team just looks totally lost (and it did on Sunday) for the entire season... I think it's extremely likely he will be sacked.

Jimmy Johnson came with a resume that said he was worthy of being hired in the first place. Not a fair comparison.

Anyway, I don't know what's going to happen to Flores, but with 16 weeks of what we saw yesterday, I'd wager on a summary sacking on Black Monday.

Watch...we beat NE next week like idiots and the narrative changes...like when we implemented the wildcat on the flight back from Phoenix...we better not

Watch...we beat NE next week like idiots and the narrative changes...like when we implemented the wildcat on the flight back from Phoenix...we better not

Entirely possible. Going 0-16 is a very hard thing to do, and New England struggles here in Miami.

Also keep in mind, the footbal lwe saw yesterday was unusually bad. They can't be that bad every week.

Yeah 1 game...run him out of town on a rail...Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 first year with the Cowboys

Obviously we need a bigger sample size but could you be confident aftet 16 games where defenders have no clue and we have tons of penalties? I don’t care about the score or losing just want to see less penalties and blown assignments.

I'm not mad. I was when I got to work and had to fire someone but at football - this year? :munch:

Everyone had a rough day. It showed exactly what we are a self imposed expansion team with a first year head coach and a large percentage of young players. They may not win many games and next week may be ugly too but they should begin to look better as the players with some talent will express it as the whole routine and new systems get familiar.

If Flores is what he sold us, the penalties and mistakes will be solved but again its going to take time to accomplish that. The entire season will show us if we have a core nucleus to build around and if it doesn't then we are in big trouble LONG term. Once you have the nucleus you only have to teach a few from the beginning of the season.

Obviously we need a bigger sample size but could you be confident aftet 16 games where defenders have no clue and we have tons of penalties? I don’t care about the score or losing just want to see less penalties and blown assignments.

I don't think the penalties will just go away. We're not talking about silly penalties like guys jumping offsides, we're talking about things like defensive holding which are the result of players not having the ability to hang with the players they should be covering.

I'm not as mad.....as I am disappointed. I fully expected to lose that game, but the way we lost it is what bugs me. The one squad I thought would be decent, the secondary, were absolutely awful.

We'll see what the next couple of weeks brings, but we looked mostly incompetent yesterday.

Even though I'm not mad, I definitely understand why some people are, even those who support the tanking strategy. I especially understand the concerns with our coaching staff, particularly our head coach, who is supposed to be a defensive guru and yet had his defense playing like a pop warner team.

And I think it goes beyond the quality of the roster. And that's what some people are worried about.

It's very much like the chef analogy. People will say: How can you expect a chef to cook a delicious dish when you give him shitty ingredients? And it’s true.

But the thing is, we’re not asking Flores to cook a delicious dish. We’re not asking Flores to cook a dish that will win any cooking competition. In fact, we’re not interested in competing at all.

The only thing we’re asking Flores is to cook a dish that is edible, a dish that won’t make people sick. That’s all.

And yes, Grier gave him very basic ingredients to start the year with. And then he proceeded to change a ton of these ingredients (for even worse ones) at the last minute, giving Flores very little time to come up with something decent.

So it was a mess. No one can dispute that. His week 1 dish was so bad that he gave everyone food poising.

But now you need Flores to step up and prove that he can do better. Prove that he can come up with an edible dish for week 2, one that won’t make people throw up.

And if he can do that, if he can start making edible dishes and have them taste better and better each week, even if they’re still not good enough to win any competition, that’s all you can ask for.

But if week after week he keeps coming up with these terrible dishes that keep making people sick, then that won’t work. And Ross will need to find himself a new chef.

Cause even if you do give him better ingredients next year, there’s no guarantee that he’ll be able to cook something good with them. And once you lose that credibility with your paying customers (fans), there’s no coming back from that.

I think it's too early to make that call, and I do believe this coaching staff will get the team to play better than what we saw against the Ravens (can't see how they can play worse). But Ross won't stand for this type of humiliating losses week after week. Like I said in another thread, he won't be able to stomach it and will end up pulling the trigger at the end of the season to make a change.

So Flores and his coaching staff better start cooking edible meals, otherwise they'll be looking for a new kitchen in 2020.

Landry? Stills? Ajayi?

I'm talking about recent history. Like 2 years ago recent history.

Selective editing. Cute. But it smells.

40 - 0 in 2017.

Great sources. I agree about your selective editing. Glad you owned up to it.

Because people (not me) want the dolphins to tank the way they want them to tank. We gotta lose but we gotta lose by a respectable score. Go figure

Great sources. I agree about your selective editing. Glad you owned up to it.

Great sources?

Take the time to study that roster in 2017, getting a epic chin check by a more physical. 500 team, should of been a serious understanding of the failures from Davie.

How was the 2017 team that allowed 40 pts and being punked, any different from a team at its roots in 2019?

I should have asked you at the start to quote my whole comment. That was my fault. Context matters.

Kudos for drawing me down that rabbit hole.

Last edited:
All we heard this off-season was “Tank , Tank, Tank!”

We get our asses kicked today and everyone’s running around screaming like Stewart’s dad from Beavis and Butt-head when their house gets robbed...like they expected us to actually compete for something....

Why be mad? This is what the people wanted...it’s going to be a rough season with hopefully a pot of gold (QB) at the end.

The anger at the team/ownership/front office is completely unwarranted and short-sighted tbh.
Ain't nobody coming here...

From last report, people are trying to get out of here, which doesn't bode well as a selling point for tour franchise.

Back
Top Bottom