Why Be Mad? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Be Mad?

Im now intrigued with how the team looks these next few weeks. Two bad loases in a ross in the NFL are tought to shake. Flores has to be sharp this week.

Dude, remember the lack of talent this coach is dealing with. Remember we signed about 13 guys who were cut from other teams and implemented them with about a week to blend in and learn what’s going on. I really don’t think Shula himself could’ve escaped a worse loss. I just don’t think we can evaluate this Flores guy just yet. Grier better pull off a miracle next draft or we’re really ****ed

I’m not writing him off yet, but I have one foot out of the door. His piss poor display of defense was just the latest in an every growing list of red flags which include:

How he handled the qb situation
Criticizing body language (for christ’s sake, has he seen his own posture during press conferences) to the media
Starting Bobby McCain at free safety
The mishandling in Minkah
Certain personnel decisions (Taylor, McDonald, Ford)
Bringing in his guys from New England, and not the good ones.

He just keeps on going the wrong way and being a defensive head coach allowing one of the highest scores of all time at home should NEVER happen, crap roster or not. We didn’t even come close to slowing the down.

Finally, I have zero hope that Grier will draft anybody usefully including the first pick. I just think he’ll choose the wrong guy or even if the blind squirrel does find a nut he’ll get him killed with the other wasted picks.

They do, when they have talent stripped from them, and the general plan is to build a young team mostly through the draft with huge amounts of picks in the next few years...Check how great the Cowboys were in the 1990s early on For JJ...Check to see how great the Patriots were early on for Bill Belichick.
Oh I agree that there are similarities as far as tons of picks, but that’s where it ends. JJ and bellichick are elite talent evaluators, Grier is not even in the same galaxy. If they fire him and bring in someone experienced and talented then I’ll by extremely excited and hopeful for our future.

Oh I agree that there are similarities as far as tons of picks, but that’s where it ends. JJ and bellichick are elite talent evaluators, Grier is not even in the same galaxy. If they fire him and bring in someone experienced and talented then I’ll by extremely excited and hopeful for our future.

Well, though I do not disagree with you that Grier is not in the same league as JJ or Bill, he also has not been horrible, If he can hit on 60% (At the very least 80% in the 1st 3 rounds) in the next two years this is a much better team...I may be wrong, but the formula is there, and I will cross my fingers Grier and Miami don't totally mess it up.

All we heard this off-season was “Tank , Tank, Tank!”

We get our asses kicked today and everyone’s running around screaming like Stewart’s dad from Beavis and Butt-head when their house gets robbed...like they expected us to actually compete for something....

Why be mad? This is what the people wanted...it’s going to be a rough season with hopefully a pot of gold (QB) at the end.

The anger at the team/ownership/front office is completely unwarranted and short-sighted tbh.
You’ve made the common mistake of assuming there’s only one kind of bad, or one way of losing. It’s a bit more complicated than that.

People wanted us to lose, but to do so with still some element of trying, of being organised, disciplined and following some kind of scheme, that while not enough to win now still gives a framework or foundation to build on with the next two drafts. Bad players trying and coaches coaching, if you will.

That was not the type of losing we got on Sunday. That was a shitshow of disorganisation, disinterest and poor application that does not bode well that there will be a reasonable foundation to build on when we come to use all of our draft picks.

Is it surprising given the extreme roster churn and likely demoralised players that were out there? No, but it’s still perfectly reasonable to have concerns about what was served up on Sunday and how it will affect the future if it continues without getting a ‘durr you wanted to lose so what’s the issue’ response.

Im not getting mad. I just think it's a little bit sad to see us playing like non existent.

I do expect a little more effort on our own ground regardless of who ever we gonna play, and this Sunday was definitely not the case at all.
I know we are tanking and all that stuff but at least try to make it seems like we still have the power and energy to put up a good fight. That's what i expect!

Maybe they'll bring in Reggie McKenzie and Marvin Allen to help with the picks. That's why we brought those elite talent evaluators. Why does everyone think Grier is alone? He has a lot of very high quality help.

I mad because it looked like we are gonna need a lot more than 13 picks and cap space to be competitive.

Jj wasnt an especially good talent evaluator... he benefited from the fact that Dallas traded down... a lot.
They always had lots of picks, so the I evitable busts didnt hurt as much.
There were numerous articles on this during that era.
When he got here, his poor drafting led him to flee the building when it got hard.
Jj had feet of clay... and a bad haircut.

Jj wasnt an especially good talent evaluator... he benefited from the fact that Dallas traded down... a lot.
They always had lots of picks, so the I evitable busts didnt hurt as much.
There were numerous articles on this during that era.
When he got here, his poor drafting led him to flee the building when it got hard.
Jj had feet of clay... and a bad haircut.

While here he drafted Taylor, Zach, surtain, Madison and Gardner. If you think he was bad at drafting here you must think Grier is the worst of all time

Maybe they'll bring in Reggie McKenzie and Marvin Allen to help with the picks. That's why we brought those elite talent evaluators. Why does everyone think Grier is alone? He has a lot of very high quality help.

Do you think the last couple if drafts were good? I realize the jury is still out but the only thing I like is they traded for more picks. Minkah, Wilkins, gesicki, dieter are all very underwhelming with better counterparts drafted shortly after.

With all the draft capital and $$ we have to spend over the next 2 years, and what looks like the opportunity to hand pick your QB of the future, we are a GMs dream scenario. I bet Ross will have candidates lining up for the job if he doesn’t think Grier is the right guy, or even if he is open to an upgrade, which he always should be.

I’m not writing him off yet, but I have one foot out of the door. His piss poor display of defense was just the latest in an every growing list of red flags which include:

How he handled the qb situation
Criticizing body language (for christ’s sake, has he seen his own posture during press conferences) to the media
Starting Bobby McCain at free safety
The mishandling in Minkah
Certain personnel decisions (Taylor, McDonald, Ford)
Bringing in his guys from New England, and not the good ones.

He just keeps on going the wrong way and being a defensive head coach allowing one of the highest scores of all time at home should NEVER happen, crap roster or not. We didn’t even come close to slowing the down.

Finally, I have zero hope that Grier will draft anybody usefully including the first pick. I just think he’ll choose the wrong guy or even if the blind squirrel does find a nut he’ll get him killed with the other wasted picks.

Look I get it, but how do we know he misused Minkah? From what I saw Flores knows what he is lacking and used Minkah to cover those deficiencies and it didn’t work. Minkah does not wear an S on his chest.

I agree with Flores on the QB situation, during the preseason I didn’t but after the first game I get it. No reason to throw Rosen behind that line at this moment especially after last year. He knows Rosen is an asset and he’s protecting him because he’s gonna need him and find out about him. Let Fitz get killed, his career is over anyway, use him as is.

McDonald? Good riddance, useless as he was last year. Agree with your argument regarding McCain but again at this moment we just don’t have enough groceries.

I don’t trust Grier either, but holding out hope. I’m hoping he was handcuffed by Tbaum more than we knew and now he’s been given his chance because maybe he’s made his opinions known but was shut down, but know Ross is realizing he can actually do the job. I don’t know but we’ll find out during the next season and see how these 13 new picks pan out.

All I can say is Ross better be right about Grier because the next 7 to 10 years depend on it. If this goes wrong Grier gets fired and he finds another job anyway but Ross will have to move to a third world country and live out his years

Back
Top Bottom