Why Bell To Jets Helps Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Bell To Jets Helps Dolphins

I’m not really envious of anything but the Jets defense and I believe it’s going to be wicked this year.
Yup, GREG WILLIAMS defense will be very tough. And IMO, will give GASE votes for Coach of the Year honors. I'm hoping the eventual implosion of the Jets happens this year but I think GASE & company will have a good 1st year there like he did here & then BOOM GOES THE DYNOMITE.

WILLIAMS will be the Jets next HC. When? This year or next. This will definitely be GASES last shot as a HC. So glad he's gone.

Bell is one of the lucky running backs to get paid in the modern NFL, most aren't treated so nice.

Have to wait and see

Dude it does not take much to see that Bell is supremely talented. I think he’s a chump, but the talent is undeniable.
I never doubted his talent, but I would be surprised to see him have the same success with the Jets......while The Steelers continued to have a very good running game without him. Very similar to Gordon and the Chargers who were 4-0 without him. Like I said, he way overestimated his worth and while getting paid, took a worse deal than what the Steelers had officered initially.

That is HORRENDOUS writing!

Never answered the question as to "why" Bell to the Jets helps Dolphins and didn't even do basic research stating inaccurate information and perhaps just making crap up.

Only referred to the 2016 season. The first game during the regular season in which Bell rushed for 53 she(?) claimed it was b/c Miami "shut down Bell from the get go." Bell was only given the ball 10 times and averaged 5.3 ypc. Furthermore, he was targeted 7 times, catching 6 passes for 55 yards. How is 108 yards on 16 touches (6.75 yards per touch) being shut down?

Bell had 5 rushes for 25 yards (4, 2, 3, 3, 13) in the 1st quarter as the Steelers led 8-3 after the 1st quarter. In the 2nd quarter Pittsburgh possessed the ball two times. The first time Roethlesberger threw an interception on the 1st play. On the second drive Bell was given the ball 3 times and rushed for 26 yards (12, 8, 6). Miami never stopped Bell once at or behind the LOS. The best Miami could do was keep Bell to 2 yards on one play. How is 8 rushes for 51 yards including two rushes for 12+ yards and only one time keeping him less than 3 yards shutting him down?

In the second half Pittsburgh completely abandoned the run. The Steelers trailed Miami 16-8 with 5:20 left in the 3rd quarter and Roethlesberger threw his second interception of the game in which Miami drove the ball down the field and increased their lead to 23-8 with 1:45 left in 3rd quarter. Roethlesberger literally threw the ball on 22 consecutive offensive plays without a single run play in the final 20:20 of the game. Miami didn't shut down Bell, Pittsburgh shut down their run game playing catch-up mostly do to Miami scoring 10 points off Roethlesberger interceptions and Ajayi have a huge day for the Dolphins.

Then this Kayla Morton refers to Bell's 167 rushing yards during the playoffs in which the Steelers kicked the Dolphins *** as nothing special since since almost 80 yards were acquired by his two best running plays. Bell's two longest runs were 26 and 25 yards which equals 51. Is Kayla so bad at math she(?) thinks it's okay to round up 51 yards to being almost 80. Again, did she not do basic research and is relying on faulty memory or is she just completely making crap up?

And WTF is the point of talking about how Bell did against the Dolphins in 2016 while on a completely different team along with the Dolphins having an entirely new coaching staff and only one starting player remaining from the Dolphins front 7 (Kiko Alonso) from those games?

Is her "why" seriously that Bell to the Jets helps Miami because Bell only rushed 39 times for 222 yards, 5.69 ypc, 2 TDs and caught 7 passes (targeted 8 times) for 62 yards in two games against the Dolphins in 2016?

The real "why" about this article is why a website would post such garbage.

Lock this thread now

That is HORRENDOUS writing!

Never answered the question as to "why" Bell to the Jets helps Dolphins and didn't even do basic research stating inaccurate information and perhaps just making crap up.

Only referred to the 2016 season. The first game during the regular season in which Bell rushed for 53 she(?) claimed it was b/c Miami "shut down Bell from the get go." Bell was only given the ball 10 times and averaged 5.3 ypc. Furthermore, he was targeted 7 times, catching 6 passes for 55 yards. How is 108 yards on 16 touches (6.75 yards per touch) being shut down?

Bell had 5 rushes for 25 yards (4, 2, 3, 3, 13) in the 1st quarter as the Steelers led 8-3 after the 1st quarter. In the 2nd quarter Pittsburgh possessed the ball two times. The first time Roethlesberger threw an interception on the 1st play. On the second drive Bell was given the ball 3 times and rushed for 26 yards (12, 8, 6). Miami never stopped Bell once at or behind the LOS. The best Miami could do was keep Bell to 2 yards on one play. How is 8 rushes for 51 yards including two rushes for 12+ yards and only one time keeping him less than 3 yards shutting him down?

In the second half Pittsburgh completely abandoned the run. The Steelers trailed Miami 16-8 with 5:20 left in the 3rd quarter and Roethlesberger threw his second interception of the game in which Miami drove the ball down the field and increased their lead to 23-8 with 1:45 left in 3rd quarter. Roethlesberger literally threw the ball on 22 consecutive offensive plays without a single run play in the final 20:20 of the game. Miami didn't shut down Bell, Pittsburgh shut down their run game playing catch-up mostly do to Miami scoring 10 points off Roethlesberger interceptions and Ajayi have a huge day for the Dolphins.

Then this Kayla Morton refers to Bell's 167 rushing yards during the playoffs in which the Steelers kicked the Dolphins *** as nothing special since since almost 80 yards were acquired by his two best running plays. Bell's two longest runs were 26 and 25 yards which equals 51. Is Kayla so bad at math she(?) thinks it's okay to round up 51 yards to being almost 80. Again, did she not do basic research and is relying on faulty memory or is she just completely making crap up?

And WTF is the point of talking about how Bell did against the Dolphins in 2016 while on a completely different team along with the Dolphins having an entirely new coaching staff and only one starting player remaining from the Dolphins front 7 (Kiko Alonso) from those games?

Is her "why" seriously that Bell to the Jets helps Miami because Bell only rushed 39 times for 222 yards, 5.69 ypc, 2 TDs and caught 7 passes (targeted 8 times) for 62 yards in two games against the Dolphins in 2016?

The real "why" about this article is why a website would post such garbage.
Yep.

Clueless hot-take article is clueless.

This is a wierd one for me. Bell in New York helps Miami?

Better hope he’s lost that elite level patience he showed with the Steelers. Of course that o lines probably gonna be not the same level as the one he enjoyed in Pittsburgh.

Still this dude has elite level patience to and thru the hole and always seems to pick the right hole. No one can wait as long as this guy to let things develop and get away with it as much as he can.

Bell is the type of guy who could tear a Gase-led locker room apart when things go bad. He also might be a guy who can carry the ball 25 times a game and carry Sam Darnold on his back by only having to make a limited number of nice plays to win while lessening his chances to make crippling mistakes.

It's going one way or the other. I can't see it in the middle with Gase and I'm pretty sure Gase knew that too which is why he didn't want Bell.

This is a wierd one for me. Bell in New York helps Miami?

Better hope he’s lost that elite level patience he showed with the Steelers. Of course that o lines probably gonna be not the same level as the one he enjoyed in Pittsburgh.

Still this dude has elite level patience to and thru the hole and always seems to pick the right hole. No one can wait as long as this guy to let things develop and get away with it as much as he can.

Personally I'd love to see Bell try that crap on another team. He was running like that in one of this era's most prolific and consistent offenses and we've pretty much seen time and time again that dominant running backs don't necessarily play the same way in a different offensive system.

Personally I'd love to see Bell try that crap on another team. He was running like that in one of this era's most prolific and consistent offenses and we've pretty much seen time and time again that dominant running backs don't necessarily play the same way in a different offensive system.

I think that patient style is more a part of his game than it is system or o line play but I guess we will find out.

Back
Top Bottom