Why Blame Ireland if Philbin wants to buid through the Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Blame Ireland if Philbin wants to buid through the Draft

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I remember before the start of free agency that Coach Philbin said that he wanted to build through the draft.

- We are not signing any Impact players NOT because nobody wants to join the Dolphins. ... I think this just continues what Philbin said with building through the draft.

If in that case, why would we blame Ireland for following orders... Is Ireland that stupid since he almost got fired when Sparano was fired!!!

My Opinion - Ireland is not the only one responsible for this, we are building a championship team for years to come and probably Ross has agreed to this when he hired Philbin that the best route was the draft.

Free agents are far from free and rarely impact a team in the same way their paycheck does.

I am fine with not bringing in over priced FA but I think the Dolphins problem is we never know what their direction is. Hopefully the draft will clear that up.

The team looks like a 9 win team to me right now and with added pieces we could be a huge surprise next year..offense underachieved greatly and Sherman will get the most out of the players. Defense and offense need pieces,but with good coaching and a good draft..we can be pretty decent this year.I really believe that.

If that was the case then we Ross should keep his mouth shut and not get the fan base excited by saying that he is going to make a big splash this off season. Nothing but an embarassment.:tubes:

I am fine with not bringing in over priced FA but I think the Dolphins problem is we never know what their direction is. Hopefully the draft will clear that up.
andy you need to change that sig lol

Marshall trade might be the worst move this team has made in the last ten years...and that is saying A LOT. I highly doubt that was Philbin's idea, and if it was, I'm ready to give up on him already.

Ireland has been building through the draft for 4 years now. Sooner or later you expect results.

He has been GM for 4 years. We are luck Philbin is here now. Thats all I have to say.

We have no QB and dont spend any money on them too. I am all for building thru the draft. What is the first building block of a good team? Do you have and idea?

Griese, Marino and ?

I remember before the start of free agency that Coach Philbin said that he wanted to build through the draft.

- We are not signing any Impact players NOT because nobody wants to join the Dolphins. ... I think this just continues what Philbin said with building through the draft.

If in that case, why would we blame Ireland for following orders... Is Ireland that stupid since he almost got fired when Sparano was fired!!!

My Opinion - Ireland is not the only one responsible for this, we are building a championship team for years to come and probably Ross has agreed to this when he hired Philbin that the best route was the draft.

I am fine building though the draft but you do not throw away a captain on defense and your best offensive weapon until you have a replacement. Also it would help if our front office had nothing to do with it. Maybe philbin can have his buddies in greenbay pick for us.

Also right now the media is dumping on us and I would say a good am mount of dolphin fans are pissed. Do some freaking PR and at least say we have a plan, we know we aren't sharing it but we will fix this thing. Stop letting the media bash you and then not say anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't really matter whether Philbin wanted to build through the draft or not. Ireland has complete control over personnel

Because we haven't won, and Ireland deserves to have ppl 2nd guess his moves. He hasn't done anything for fans to simply say he has a proven track record, we trust him. Granted the Tuna probably made most of the big decisions while he was here, it still shouldn't protect Ireland from deserved criticism.

However this doesn't explain the irrational stuff some Dolphin fans are engaged in with right now. I don't know what happened to the Dolphin fan base over the last 15 years, but from personal experience I've seen it change, in drastic ways. It probably has more to do with the Internet age we live in. But it would be nice for ppl to show some class, and go after Ireland with the facts, not with their hurt feelings exposed with every word they speak and write.

I am fine building though the draft but you do not throw away a captain on defense and your best offensive weapon until you have a replacement. Also it would help if our front office had nothing to do with it. Maybe philbin can have his buddies in greenbay pick for us. Also right now the media is dumping on us and I would say a good am mount of dolphin fans are pissed. Do some freaking PR and at least say we have a plan, we know we aren't sharing it but we will fix this thing. Stop letting the media bash you and then not say anything. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our best offensive weapon cost us more games last year than he won us and what are we grooming all these young DBs for if we're going to be keeping Bell into his 40s? He was a candidate to be cut from the end of the season, not sure why this is such a surprise. Especially after the Marshall signing.

Also I'm still quote sure it really hasn't registered to a lot of people that we've changed coaches. Ireland is here, so he is pretty much just doing whatever he wants. I suppose people thought the Flynn thing went like this:
Philbin - Please sign Flynn, I really want him.

Ireland - NO! I won't overpay for that scrub and you cant make me. I do what I want and I want you to fail!

Because we haven't won, and Ireland deserves to have ppl 2nd guess his moves. He hasn't done anything for fans to simply say he has a proven track record, we trust him. Granted the Tuna probably made most of the big decisions while he was here, it still shouldn't protect Ireland from deserved criticism.

However this doesn't explain the irrational stuff some Dolphin fans are engaged in with right now. I don't know what happened to the Dolphin fan base over the last 15 years, but from personal experience I've seen it change, in drastic ways. It probably has more to do with the Internet age we live in. But it would be nice for ppl to show some class, and go after Ireland with the facts, not with their hurt feelings exposed with every word they speak and write.

You say you don't know what happened to the dolphin fanbase over the last 15 years? We have been a non issue in playoff contention for almost every one of those 15 seasons- if you get beat down for 15 years by someone you love it screws with the mind.

Back
Top Bottom