Why Brent grimes? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Brent grimes?

Look at Grimes stats from years before; its nothing amazing. Plus hes coming off an achilles injury which is harsh. I would have much rather spent our first 2 picks on CBs than give Grimes 5 million. But, maybe the team doctors saw something in him thats promising.

Look at Grimes stats from years before; its nothing amazing. Plus hes coming off an achilles injury which is harsh. I would have much rather spent our first 2 picks on CBs than give Grimes 5 million. But, maybe the team doctors saw something in him thats promising.

You're kidding right.................Grimes was the #3 rated CB in the NFL in 2011 (by PFF), that is Damn GOOD. Oh ya Smith was rated #105 in 2011 (by PFF):ponder: Bottom-line I think Grimes is a clear upgrade period :chuckle:

You're assuming Nnamdi even wanted to play here, & you're also assuming he would've take the same deal he got with San Fran with any other team.

Nnamdi took that deal with San Fran because: A) San Francisco is a Superbowl contender, & B) wants to get back to California where he graduated High-School, played College football, & played 8 seasons with the Raiders. He's lived in California most of his adult life, & I'm assuming he probably likes it there. That's probably the only reason he took such a team friendly deal is because he was most likely dying to get back to California.

Amazing how people view 29 year old players and 31 year old players so differently like one is washed up and one isnt based on a slight difference in age. Nnambi was not good in Philly at all but maybe it was scheme or whatever but I think its way too early to say he is washed up. He has been as injury free as a defensive player can be. Both players are risks no matter how one looks at it. At their best there was no question Asomugha was the better cb but thats not news to anybody because he was better than almost any corner out there. We shall all see , hell its not unlikely that both players play well this year.

[video=youtube;jKr3ViCiXps]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKr3ViCiXps[/video]

Here's why. Enjoy! Top Zone DB in the league.

I'm not complaining bro I was jus concerned, seems like your the one complaining kid

[video=youtube;jKr3ViCiXps]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKr3ViCiXps[/video]

Here's why. Enjoy! Top Zone DB in the league.

Exactly correct...if Grimes comes back healthy, he is going to do big things in our zone scheme.

Asamough hasn't done squat in a few years....Grimes has. He was playing at a higher level than Asamough before he got hurt. This is one of the only things that I think Ireland has done right.

If Grimes returns to his 2011 form, its the best signing by Ireland, period.

Grimes's ball skills are sick. That pick vs NO shows how good Grimes is at baiting QBs in zone. Hope we get that injected into our D this year.

Back
Top Bottom