Why Brown? Last Yr. Linehan's Offense Completed 105 Passes To ... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Brown? Last Yr. Linehan's Offense Completed 105 Passes To ...

Da 'Fins

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
The Running Back Position!

Onterrio Smith - 36
Mewelde Moore - 27
Moe Williams - 21
Michael Bennett - 21

What does that tell you about Brown?

In fact, Saban just said, we may throw the ball to Brown more than we run it with him.

Feeley will have weapons at his disposal. Hopefully the line can keep him upright long enough to get the ball to them.

Yes. I also think that Brown as a receiver will help with that protection - you want a talented safety valve and he provides that.

Btw, we liked Mitch Hedberg a lot as well. "You got cheese on that sandwich? Every now and then!"

Da 'Fins said:

Onterrio Smith - 36
Mewelde Moore - 27
Moe Williams - 21
Michael Bennett - 21

In fact, Saban just said, we may throw the ball to Brown more than we run it with him.

Throw it to Brown, run it with Ricky, keep the defense off the field, win it all.

I agree - how many OLB's in the league can cover Brown and his 4.4 speed? Not many.

nepaica said:
Throw it to Brown, run it with Ricky, keep the defense off the field, win it all.

You've got to be kidding me. Screw Ricky. Ronnie is our back now.

Da 'Fins said:

Onterrio Smith - 36
Mewelde Moore - 27
Moe Williams - 21
Michael Bennett - 21

excellent point, makes perfect sense. More than anyone else, Brown fits Saban's 'system'.

DolfanNJ said:

Saban just said in his press conference that.....

"He can share carries with another significant running back"

I wonder if that is a RW comment?

Key will be the status of the offensive line. If we can get some better line play our offense will be awesome. I have confidence that Houck can work with the group we have.

We will have lots of options in the passing and running game. I think we should resign David Boston and bring Ricky back. If all of this works out i think we could contend.

DolfanNJ said:

You need more than one option. Saban just said it in his press conference.

I can see gordon getting 10 carries a game while brown can line up in the slot

Da 'Fins said:

Onterrio Smith - 36
Mewelde Moore - 27
Moe Williams - 21
Michael Bennett - 21

Great post, I can't wait till he takes his first swing pass to the house... Even Feeley can throw to the backs if he gets some time, and I think our O-Line has really improved since the start of last year.. GreenMonster

Back
Top Bottom