Why Can't Kenny Stills Be Our #1? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Can't Kenny Stills Be Our #1?

Lol is it 1996?

No.1 WR?

Kenny Stills is great at what he's asked to do.

Lol.

Go look at all the top WRs in the NFL.

Then count the number of super bowl rings those "no.1s" have. Well rounded non spectular WR corps seem to have the most overall success. Versatility is key. If super bowl wins qualify as success.

Last edited:
Kenny Stills is one dimensional, and even then you have to hold your breath he catches it. He is not a run after catch guy either. Its over the top or nothing.
This is an extremely asinine statement. If you think he only catches over the top, then you haven't watched any games in the past few years. And as far as drops - he had one memorable drop two years ago. Overall, I'm willing to bet his drop rate is among the lowest on the team, lower than Landry's for sure.

I'm not saying he's a great WR, but he's far from one dimensional or a drop liability.

Stills is going to have plenty of opportunities this year. Tannehill likes him and he should get more targets with Landry gone. But, he's not a Brown, Hopkins, Green type of receiver, so he'll never be a true #1. Parker fits that bill better, but he's yet to show it, and I'd be surprised if he ever does.

Stills is going to have plenty of opportunities this year. Tannehill likes him and he should get more targets with Landry gone. But, he's not a Brown, Hopkins, Green type of receiver, so he'll never be a true #1. Parker fits that bill better, but he's yet to show it, and I'd be surprised if he ever does.

Ah damn. Really wish you had just put a period after better and called it a post.

If he's healthy for 16 games i would be shocked if he didnt have a productive season with this group. He doesnt need to be AJ Green. He needs to do his job.

If Stills, Parker, Grant, Amendola and Wilson just do their job we are golden.

Stills has great over the top speed and can run the route tree. He is a very productive receiver. The one thing that hold him back imo is that big body box out and out attack the defender on the ball. He just doesn’t have enough size to win the pick em balls. That is what will keep him a no 2 which he is as good as I could hope for. We need Parker to be that one because he has the full package and can fight for the ball. Rams comeback is a great example of what we need to see from Parker but Stills is to small to be that guy.

Could be because he hasn't been given the opportunity?

PFF has Stills having some terrible years with us, this is one of the reasons you can not take their rankings as fact like some people love to...

According to them he was one of the worst receivers in the entire league for us the last 2 years, ranking in the 80s both years......

Ah damn. Really wish you had just put a period after better and called it a post.

If he's healthy for 16 games i would be shocked if he didnt have a productive season with this group. He doesnt need to be AJ Green. He needs to do his job.

If Stills, Parker, Grant, Amendola and Wilson just do their job we are golden.

I don't give a **** who catches what. I just hope they all contribute in their own way.

Stills and Tannehill were clearly on the same page in 2016. With better pass protection, I think his numbers could go up a little bit. He was open deep a lot from what I could see. Obviously you aren't going to connect on all of those, but I think we could see an uptick.

As far as number one receiver goes, I don't think Miami has one. Would be nice to have one, but then again New England hasn't always had one and they've had a lot of success.

We're not going deep enough to make him the #1 target. If we go short to him too often then you're not using him the right way. I believe he'll get more targets this year since Landry's gone but he won't get 150 targets. What we need is to spread the football around and make the offense as a whole better.

Stills and Tannehill were clearly on the same page in 2016. With better pass protection, I think his numbers could go up a little bit. He was open deep a lot from what I could see. Obviously you aren't going to connect on all of those, but I think we could see an uptick.

As far as number one receiver goes, I don't think Miami has one. Would be nice to have one, but then again New England hasn't always had one and they've had a lot of success.

I think that has something to do with having the GOAT QB, and having the GOAT Coach. It's easy to be successful with those 2 pieces in place.

I think that has something to do with having the GOAT QB, and having the GOAT Coach. It's easy to be successful with those 2 pieces in place.
That just proves that scheme, and execution, matter too.

That just proves that scheme, and execution, matter too.

The Patriots scheme is based on the players they have. They've been a base 4-3 team, a 3-4 team, a power running team with Corey Dillon, a conservative offense in Brady's earlier years, a 2 TE set with Gronk and Hernandez, a spread offense with Moss and company. That's why Belichick is the Goat he doesn't try to run his scheme, he runs whatever best suits the personnel he has.

Stills was the inside wr when he caught the sweet pass from tanne vs SD, pretty sure stills was slot on the deep dropped pass td vs Seattle. I think he can line up and excel in all 3 possessions. Glad hes not an alpha diva

The #1 WR concept annoys me almost as much a feature running back. No need for either.

Back
Top Bottom