Why Can't Kenny Stills Be Our #1? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Can't Kenny Stills Be Our #1?

I love Stills but he’s not going to win the contested, physical ball battles like Parker is supposed to do for us. Stills is a fantastic piece to the puzzle and he’s used just right IMO. A lot of big over the top plays. That’s why he’s here. He is better in the slot according to his stats than we might think but it sure doesn’t “feel” that way.

I was looking forward to a breakout year for Grant, just seems like he is ready to go. Are there any snaps for him? So our starting WRs are Kenny Stills and Mrs. Parker? With Armendola, Wilson and Grant riding pine? I know how many times do we go 2 WRs? Well Now we may have TE one less WR on the field. Very Interesting.

Banged up too easily? He has missed 1 game in his career.
And in how many games has he caught 2 or fewer passes. He has the talent fair enough but its a question of being effective every game, even when playing hurt.

And in how many games has he caught 2 or fewer passes. He has the talent fair enough but its a question of being effective every game, even when playing hurt.

You can be perfectly healthy and catch 1 ball. Sometimes that’s how it plays out during a game.

You have him confused with Parker. I think has a lot more to do with scheme, roll, Jarvis getting 160 targets, qb, and him not winning battles. Not once have we heard that Kenny has nagging injuries that hold him back. I’m expecting much bigger things this year.

If you're talking #1 as in "the best," then that's purely subjective and only matters to fans and not the team.

Really?!?? Tell that to the Browns, Falcons, Steelers, Texans, Bengals, Bucs, Broncos, Colts, Eagles..who pay their best WR (aside from QBs) some of the most money out of all positions in the league.

Stills doesn’t contest balls, he’s not an elite route runner, but he’s not all that bad either. Despite my “pessimism” thus far, Stills will be their best WR. He’s just not a top 12 WR in the league. 10 TDs is very possible. 70 catches. 1,000 yards. It’s a very good year, but his limitations will be a drawback and will often leave you wanting a stud WR again. Landry while here, was at least in the discussion around the country.

Last edited:
Lets see:

runs across middle ... nope
runs after the catch ... nope
blocks … nope
out jumps and goes and gets it... nope
Acts like a thug after a catch down 3 TDs... check.

Currently I see a host of role recievers on the team, hope a couple emerge. The rookie tight ends might be our best chance. Thing is when you have this situation its tougher on a QB to adjust on the fly the different deliveries or touch thay works for different recievers. For all Jarvis faults and or definicies that get pointed out he was a heck of a security blanket for his different QB he was forced to play with.

Lets see:

blocks … nope

Lol, he real fast though (as is the entire offense), glad we kept him.

Lets see:

blocks … nope
I'm very confused on this one. I think you just don't like the guy for whatever reason. Jarvis was the one popping off his mouth and making gestures. Whenever I see Stills he just runs back to the huddle like a professional

I would like to see Stills get stronger, add a few pounds but he is beginning to grow on me.

Like the 7'0 center who parks himself in the middle of the paint in basketball, the age of the #1 WR is about over in the NFL - you've got to spread that thing around.

giphy.gif

Stills has great over the top speed and can run the route tree. He is a very productive receiver. The one thing that hold him back imo is that big body box out and out attack the defender on the ball. He just doesn’t have enough size to win the pick em balls. That is what will keep him a no 2 which he is as good as I could hope for. We need Parker to be that one because he has the full package and can fight for the ball. Rams comeback is a great example of what we need to see from Parker but Stills is to small to be that guy.
Bingo brother, excellent post.

Back
Top Bottom