Why can't teams beat the Patriots | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why can't teams beat the Patriots

finmann

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
After watching Steelers/Patriots game I was so pissed not only that the Steelers lost but that they got there a$$ handed to them by a team that seems to just win by consistently changing there offence scheme every season. I remember back in 2013, the Patriots were considered a power running team with Legarrette Blount. A few years later, they used the spread offence with Wes Welker and Randy Moss to throw the ball down field. Switch to current events......the patriots are now considered a short pass team(dink & dunk) and going to the Super Bowl. What pisses me off is that we know what they are going to do on Offence, other teams know, every opposing coach knows, the commentators know, even the damn refs know and you are telling me that they can't be stopped. What the hell man....

Coaching and good use of personnel. They don't neccessarily have great drafts, they just know how best to utilize the talent they have.

People have been saying that for years. Can't win without Brady, they did. I guess it's a matter of time though, no team can maintain that dominance forever. It is quite a run though, but Falcons match up well.

Hall of Fame Coach and QB tandem. The fact that they don't lose a beat on offense even with Gronkowski out just shows how good they are.

Brady's regular season numbers since he was hurt in Week 1 of the 2008 season: 259 TDs, 66 INTs. His worse QBR was 87.3. His lowest amount of yards (aside from this year when he played 12 games) was 3,900 in 2010. That year he had 36 TDs and 4 INTs.

Add the fact that NE has the best scoring defense in the NFL somehow and it's no surprise these assholes are in the SB again.

Steelers and most other teams (Us too) play zone coverage defense. Brady/Belichick will eat that alive all day long. Only shot you have is man coverage with excellent CB's/DB's

Sons can tell you all about their schemes. its their schemes and they are constantly changing depending upon the opponent. that is the #1 reason

Steelers and most other teams (Us too) play zone coverage defense. Brady/Belichick will eat that alive all day long. Only shot you have is man coverage with excellent CB's/DB's

Exactly, glad somebody finally exposed the over rated Steelers defense, even if it had to be the Cheatriots.

I think they play and coach like I play Madden lol. I trade old players with high ratings, and I use playbooks that best suit my players. It's a Madden game lol.

Coaching is excellent and Brady is very comfortable in the pocket

To beat the current team you've got to have fast players who can tackle quickly. New England seems to be able to consistently turn those little three yard pass plays into 8, 12, 15 yard gains. Also, you need man-to-man with your corners. Brady simply eats zone alive. Pressuring Brady is not just part of the equation as he gets rid of the ball so quickly on those short passes.

Got to give New England credit for changing things up. Also, Brady is insanely accurate and his ball placement may be the best in the NFL (Brees is right up there in that regard). It gives his receivers a chance to catch the ball in stride and make plays.

Tough team to beat.

Yes!!! I was screaming every time the Steelers did a 3rd down zone... like wtf man, play press, bump them. That is why the Texans did well early one.

They've been dink and dunk for years now. The new league passing rules allow this. Start hammering the Edelmans or Amendolas over the middle (while collecting fines) and it would stop. My question is, why can't other teams replicate what they do?

You have a coach that can win 10 games without Brady. You throw in a top 3 qb every year and all time who by the way is playing on a discounted contract. Now you havr a recipe for going 4-3 in superbowls! Lets go Falcons

They've been dink and dunk for years now. The new league passing rules allow this. Start hammering the Edelmans or Amendolas over the middle (while collecting fines) and it would stop. My question is, why can't other teams replicate what they do?

It's also their D, that's the real reason I think NE and ATL are in the Superbowl this year. Defensive minded head coaches, that know how to get the most out of their players. Brady is obviously great too, but it's the combo of Brady and that D that make them so unstoppable. Most D coordinators like ours and Pittsburgh's simply aren't as gifted as Belichick, and that's the main reason they win so much imo.

Back
Top Bottom