Why can't we fly up early and practice in the cold? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why can't we fly up early and practice in the cold?

XoPhinsoX

No More Injuries, Please ;).
Reaction score
Is there any reasoning behind this? The guys on PTI said it's almost unfair that the Fins have so many away games in December..which I found odd coming from them.

It goes both ways, Miami has a distinct advantage earlier in the season when its really hot and humid and at the end of the season its an advantage to the Pats, bills and jets because of the cold and snow.

I've been saying that for years. We need to have a cold, snowy spot to practice, at least part of the time.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
Is there any reasoning behind this? The guys on PTI said it's almost unfair that the Fins have so many away games in December..which I found odd coming from them.

NFL rules...no practice or team meetings on Saturday for any team.

You can do a walk through...but thats about it.

Edit: Let me correct that. The day before game day is a no practice, no team meeting day for teams facing each other.

Because it takes longer than a day or two to get used to the cold temps. It's really kinda useless. Just like all the teams that used to come down to Miami a few days early to try and adjust. Then you'd talk to the Phins players.....and they'd chuckle about it.

It works both ways.

As many times, as I've wondered that out loud, Muck, no one ever gave me a straight answer. Just kind of laughed me off. Your response makes all the sense in the world. Thanks.

Originally posted by pats4life
It goes both ways, Miami has a distinct advantage earlier in the season when its really hot and humid and at the end of the season its an advantage to the Pats, bills and jets because of the cold and snow.

Playing in the cold, is a lot more of an advantage for cold weather teams, than it is for teams to come down and play in the heat, BECAUSE it gets warm in September all over the US, while it NEVER SNOWS or even gets close to cold in Miami.

<quote>Playing in the cold, is a lot more of an advantage for cold weather teams, than it is for teams to come down and play in the heat, BECAUSE it gets warm in September all over the US, while it NEVER SNOWS or even gets close to cold in Miami.</quote>

I don't think that's true. The heat in south FL is abot 10X more intnes that heat in the NE US. By Sept most of the humidity has gone and the highs rarely break the mid-80's.

The real factor in cold weather is the ball and the field conditions, not the cold itself.

I for one think this situation is overated. When it snows it's not cold at all in my opinion. I've shoveled snow in just a long sleeve shirt. When we start talking about 15 degrees or below thats when it is a HUGE FACTOR. Right now its almost 2 feet of snow outside but it's only lik 27 degrees outside, that not bad at all.

Re: Re: Now answer this

Originally posted by dolphinsrok

easy: we're gonna give the ball to ricky, he's gonna score an 80 yd td, then taylor, zach and thomas will pop brady's teeth right out of his mouth

Cheers :drinkers:

Originally posted by chambers84

Playing in the cold, is a lot more of an advantage for cold weather teams, than it is for teams to come down and play in the heat, BECAUSE it gets warm in September all over the US, while it NEVER SNOWS or even gets close to cold in Miami.

That is true. Also, every team has training camp, and during training camp it is usually very hot for almost every team. We do have an advantage in September at home, but teams have training camp in weather that is close to what they will have to deal with in September at JRS. However, the Fins never train in anything near what the Patriots play in during December.

However, I think we need to just prove to people that the Dolphins can win in December. We play good defense and we have a good running back, we should be able to win these games. Our team is better designed for cold weather than the Pats are.

Wayne H. should have an old airplane hangar with a football field and snow machines inside just so the team can better prepare for games like these. The schedule makers are going to make the Dolphins play these games in December every year, and at this time of year they are more or less must win games. Might as well prepare for them the best way you can.

Back
Top Bottom