Why cant we have more competition at QB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why cant we have more competition at QB?

Bonedoc7777

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I just dont understand why we would not take a shot at Collins and have a open competition for the job. I know we traded a second for Feeley which is fine and I live in philly and seen him practice at Lehigh and think he may be the real deal, but and this is a big but, the front office has to put us in a position of strength at QB, and Collins would bring that if he starts or holds the clip board he is a big upgrade over Fiedler who we can cut or trade on june first.

Always remember, the unexpected may happen. RS might pull the trigger on Kerry. One never knows. RS said , If we all recall, that the Boston thing was a rumor and nothing more. :rolleyes:

We can't bring in another new guy regardless of the money situation because there is only so much time. We made our choice with AJ, and it's going to be AJ or Jay. Bringing in a third guy to take 1/3 of the time that each of them gets will only hurt the chances of new guy or AJ taking the job away from Fiedler, and dropping Fiedler just isn't an option because he would be a fine (and likely cheap) backup or a passable starter if worse comes to worse just like he has been over the past 4 years.

I agree with every word Jimmy is saying in his post. A guy will come in for training camp fodder but we're set at Quarterback. Ill be rooting hard for A.J. to be the man, our whole season depends on it. Otherwise we'll be asking Jay to play better than he ever has but with a new Q.B. Coach, Marc Trestman, a revamped O-Line and a significant new weapon like David Boston, maybe he will.

Back
Top Bottom