why cant we trade howard | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why cant we trade howard

Avalanche of Wins

Perennial All-Pro
Club Member
Reaction score
if this guy is going to be 4th string, im sure we can replace him with another very cheap free agent. he wouldnt restructure for us, and the atricles we have seen have said this is most likely his last season in miami, hes gotta be worth something to somebody, even if its a 5th rounder just to get his salary off of books...

He will be our starter. Or at least the backup at both corners, why trade away a player from a postion that we need players in???

claytonAndDuper said:
if this guy is going to be 4th string, im sure we can replace him with another very cheap free agent. he wouldnt restructure for us, and the atricles we have seen have said this is most likely his last season in miami, hes gotta be worth something to somebody, even if its a 5th rounder just to get his salary off of books...

Why trade now, we haven't even put on pads, they don't know who may get injured, and we don't know how well howard will play, he may surprise come camp..and we need depth.

everything we have been reading, albeit very early have said he is falling out of favor. he makes way to much money, especially for a nickel or 4th string cb, and most likely if he doesnt pan out he will be cut next year. im sure he will fit somewhere he was decent in carolina, and im surprised hes in this position, but our 4th corner doesnt have to be a world beater, u can find depth guys cheap..

NJFINSFAN1 said:
He will be our starter. Or at least the backup at both corners, why trade away a player from a postion that we need players in???

Trade him because he's getting paid way to much to be a backup. But who knows they haven't even pads so i'd wait.

No disrespect, but who is going to trade a pick for a guy who would be 4th string in your secondary, and who is also waaayyy over paid? Secondary is a weakness on your team, I'd venture to say that the backup to the backup isn't worth a pick.

It just dosen't make sense.

Relax preseason hasn't even started yet so there is no telling where he'll end up...

We would have a $750,000 of dead cap money this year if we trade/cut him ... and at $1,000,000 salary I don't think IMO we would have many trading partners ... even for a 6th or 7th.

So the real cost of keeping him this year is $250,000 that price is below minimum salary .. so why not keep him a year even if he is 4th DB.

Losman7 said:
No disrespect, but who is going to trade a pick for a guy who would be 4th string in your secondary, and who is also waaayyy over paid? Secondary is a weakness on your team, I'd venture to say that the backup to the backup isn't worth a pick.

We were kinda hopin to trade even up for Clements.... Whata ya say?

phinphan11 said:
We were kinda hopin to trade even up for Clements.... Whata ya say?

Throw in Sage and you've got yourself a deal. :goof:

Couldnt agree more.

Losman7 said:

Thank you Bills fan. If anything, next year Howard will be released. He is overpaid and going to get MORE overpaid over the next few years. No one is going to trade anything for him.... jeez.

We dont have depth at the CB position this year PLUS its still way too early. Worst case scenario is he is our dimeback this year and we overpay him for a year thanks to Wanny/Spielman and next year he is released.

This year will depend of Howard's future with this team. He will be making too much money next year and he better be showing that he is worth it. Besides, we dont need to trade Howard this year because we would be very thin at CB.

This isn't Madden!!!

If a player is out of favor with the team because of lack of production, which is the case with Howard, then another team is not going to trade for him (Gerard Warren is the exception to the rule - but at least he has 1st round talent to go with his lack of production).

Back
Top Bottom