Why Did Gailey Leave Dallas For Miami? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Did Gailey Leave Dallas For Miami?

Mora Jr.? WHY? He was given the most ATHLETIC QB to ever play the game and did absolutely nothing with him. Moras coaching went from good when he 1st arrived in Atlanta and got them into the playoffs to bad this year when they didnt make the playoffs, Vick had his worst year, and he had that stupid joke about taking the Washington job.

Yea, Vick led the league in rushing for a QB. However, he's NOT A QB. You can't win in this league without a QB, look at the playoffs this year. Vick will never go far and no coach will do better than Mora. Vick had a good first year because he was new, defenses did not know his tendencies. As the years go on, they knew to contain his running and you can beat him. Mora was handcuffed and it went down hill for him.

Vick is not a QB and is a coach killer. Vick's lack of success has nothing to do with Mora and everything to do with $100 million dollar contract and he can't throw.

If an athlete is good enough, he can change to adapt. Mike Vick wants coaches and Coordinators to adapt to him. That in my opinion is what brought Atlanta down.

...so the receivers inability to catch passes or a defense that couldn't consistantly stop the run had nothing to do with Atlanta's fall this year?

Emmitt actually called him one of the best coaches he ever played for, and credited him for revitalizing his career. (Smith had his last 2 best yardage seasons under Gailey. Look at that and then also look at what he did for Lamar Smith when he was here, and how Bettis got his career revitalized under his system in Pittsburgh, etc., etc. This guy can work with running backs).

gailey didn't have the luxury of the bus, that was mularkey. gailey had barry foster and bam morris as his rbs.

gailey didn't have the luxury of the bus, that was mularkey. gailey had barry foster and bam morris as his rbs.

Gailey had Bettis for both of the years that he was the offensive coordinator a Pittsburgh ('96 and '97). Bettis was traded from the Rams to the Steelers prior to the '96 season.

Gailey had Bettis for both of the years that he was the offensive coordinator a Pittsburgh ('96 and '97). Bettis was traded from the Rams to the Steelers prior to the '96 season.

my bad, i fogot the bus got there that early, but he did have those other guys, too.

Chan was the O-Coordinator the last time we won a Playoff game (Lamar Smith had a huge game against the Colts)? Enough for me....sign him up....plus I have a feeling he's not going to run off to college anytime soon. :)

Back
Top Bottom