Why did we LOVE Marino? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why did we LOVE Marino?

He was the best, he had such a fire in him, he wasn't afraid to get into a teammates and sometimes coaches face. When he was playing you knew you were never out of the game, he had such a magic to him. As for seeing that in feeley, not yet. Although he does have a little fire in him, but he will never be another Marino, nor do I expect him to be. I'd settled for him to be another Bob Greise. Just play within yourself and don't do anything stupid to cost your team the game. Let your teammates help you win.

I understand it's unfair to compare our current QB's or any QB's to Danny, but dangit, I don't care. I'm going to have those expectations simply because I've witnessed it. I understand there aren't many if any that have his talents and skills, but, I want a quarterback that I don't have to worry about him losing the game. I know no matter what, if we lose, it wasn't because of the quarterback. That's all I ask for. How many games did we lose to the Jets 56 to 53 or 49 to 46... Those were exciting even if they were loses, and I knew that my quarterback did all he could to win the game for my team. That's all I ask out of A.J., or whoever else the quarterback is, give us a chance to win.

I remember reading an article about 11 years ago that said Dolphin receivers would be lined up ten yards away from the machines they launch footballs from and were told to catch them so they could get used to the velocity and power with which Marino delivered his throws!

Marino was the man, plain and simple. One of the smartest QBs to ever play the game, could read a defence so well and knew how to react in certain situations - fake spike anyone?

He made you feel comfortable everytime he took a snap and that he was in control and would never panic. That's the Dan Marino I remember and that's why I love him. I literally cried the day he retired, it pained me that he never won a ring, he was so deserving of one for everything he did for us.

MCMike81 said:
I would have his child I loved him that much........i am straight but i would still have his child

I didn't know Carson from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy was a Fin fan?!?!

:mdfin:

Marino would drop back, the arm would snap back with the ball held behind him at about rib cage high. At that moment anything could happen and that release was art in motion.

You always knew that ball was going to challenge someone to be on or in the case of a defender avoid being on sportscenter.

Sigh, how do I miss those days.

Marino is god of all qbs. The bible says to love god in it somewhere.

All I can say is...the ARM...the LEADER...the MAN....the LEGEND! Look at those stats in my sig...

ahhh... memories... sadly... never another.
peyton manning? yeah hes got the stats, but come on, you dont get the same feeling watchin him as in marino.

just like the comment above. 4th quarter, down 21 points, you just knew he would do something to pull it out. if he didnt it would at least be close.

i got the feeling in the JJ era they didnt even try until the 4th quarter. Now in retrospect via Game of the Week on the NFL channel, i see they didnt. they just let marino go after it in the 4th

The best analogies I've ever read were as follows:

1) Sports Illustrated's quote: "Marino's receivers did not so much catch his passes as they were impaled by them."

2) GQ (and this one was the flat-out best): "You can talk about championships all you want, but if you were playing football against Satan, down by four points with two minutes left in the game, and your immortal soul was on the line, there's only one person you'd want quarterbacking your team, and that's Daniel Constantine Marino."

Back
Top Bottom