Why did we LOVE Marino? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why did we LOVE Marino?

Danikus

Starter
Reaction score
He never won a championship but we still love him, WHY?

Because he was special!! He was pure excitement! We ALWAYS had a chance no matter what (except that last game,lol). There was MAGIC, you always had to watch.

Do you get that feeling with Feeley? I'm not bashing him, he will probably be better than Fiedler was. But he is special? Does he have the magic?

I know this team has a lot of needs, but if we don't go for the Franchise QB it will be a mistake. I really don't think that we will build this team around A.J..

We can accumulate draft picks next year, but I doubt we will ever be at #2 again.

I really hope Alex Smith is our QB of the future.

Danny was a special player and they don't come along very often.I think it's a big reason why alot of us(me included) are so jaded when we're looking at or judging a new Dolphin QB.Marino set the bar so high, we just might not accept less.JMHO

We'll never see another Marino, but hopefully, one day, we'll see another talented "franchise" QB.

PHINATIC13 said:
Danny was a special player and they don't come along very often.I think it's a big reason why alot of us(me included) are so jaded when we're looking at or judging a new Dolphin QB.Marino set the bar so high, we just might not accept less.JMHO

I agree completely, how and who can you replace a legend?

He did things with a football....that just took your breathe away.....starting with his first touchdown to Joe Rose......everytime I see that throw and catch.....wow. Watchin Danny was like watchin Barry.....sometimes you just couldnt believe your eyes. You just knew.....you were watchin history.....like your father watched Bradshaw.....or grandpa watched YA Tittle......Marino was ours.....and I enjoyed every game I saw.

We have been subjected to poor coaching and not lack of talent. Marinos was special, no doubt. I just think we are in for a major change in the scoring dept.

C'mon dude! Nobody is Marino. Marino was the definition of a Jedi warrior. The guy was CRAZI good. Especially before he tour his achilles heal. Oh my blessed! He would dodge a blitz like nobody's business and he Dwight Stephenson as his center and Richmond Webb and Keith Simms. I can remember Danny sliding up in the pocket at EXACTLY the right mili-second and buying more time and hitting Clayton from out of no-where on a slant pattern and turning Clayton turning cornerbacks into burnt toast!

Now AJ is going to be a boy who fits into a system.

Marino was a General re-inventing the aireal assualt.

He made Crash Jensen, and Terry Kirby, and when Nat Moore was around with Duper and Clayton - Forgetaboutit. That offense could stack up with any offense in NFL history and we did not have a running game to speak of.

AJ is just getting his training wheels off - so settle down with comparisons!

MCMike81 said:
I would have his child I loved him that much........i am straight but i would still have his child

:confused2

- I wanted him to leave the fins. The only one i wanted to see leave. He was an Artist. Slo-motion was made for Marino. When the tape was slowed down , there were db's going left-right-safety out of postion , Duper-Clayton catching the ball.

It was obsurd.

Back
Top Bottom