Why did we pick a Long Snapper at #185? Only issue I have with the Draft Picks. Does anyone else have any issues? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why did we pick a Long Snapper at #185? Only issue I have with the Draft Picks. Does anyone else have any issues?

God, people have gotten their bitching mileage out of this pick. The guy's a 6th rounder and our LS was cut subsequently. That means our 6th round pick made the team. Can you guarantee that any 6th round pick makes a roster? Nope. So this was an OK selection because it's a given he'll play next year.

You know what isn't a given? That ANY of our FIRST FOUR ROUNDS of players will see the field if there's a season next year. That's a lot of capital to give up for potential. If you're going to complain, complain about that. And I don't need 400 replies from apologists who think we nailed the draft a week after we took it when not one player has seen a professional practice field yet, let alone any game action.

The truth in all of it is this: the QB has to be a home run or this draft is a failure. If we can get our first two OL to be hits as well, this was a good draft. We can actually whiff on most of the other selections and still find a way to overcome that. So here's hoping Tagovailoa, Jackson and Hunt are home runs. If they are, it's all pretty good and we'll be much better in the future. Then maybe next year we'll go after some skill people with our draft assets.

The guy was the best long snapper in college the last two years. Unconventional pick yes, but I’m cool with it.
That’s it right there. He’s elite at it and it’s important to have a good one. Guaranteed “starter” in the sixth is good value and with all their picks it was a good investment

Go try deep snapping a football. See how easy it is. Now try doing it consistently.

While you contemplate that... We'll all watch this until she catches a snapper:

1588513408414.png

Back
Top Bottom