Why didn't the Dolphins wait to announce Tua was starting until next week? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why didn't the Dolphins wait to announce Tua was starting until next week?

Who knew a QB change in Miami would be such a big deal? It's funny listening to Omar Kelly and he's talking about how Miami should be careful because Fitz was on fire and playing great. He's only been great in 2 games this year: Jaguars and 49ers. I swear media/fans acting like we just benched MVP season Marino for John Beck.
If Omar's opinion is that Fitz was on fire and playing great, should he really be a beat writer covering the team?

It's abundantly clear he has no idea what he's talking about.

I actually have been trying to dive into fins podcasts as I have a lot of windshield time working in outside sales. I tried listening to this and the end of it was just brutal. I was actually so mad. I am not wasting my time anymore; the first time was enough
Drive Time with Travis Wingfield is a good, positive dolphins podcast with great film/play breakdown.

Didn't know that it WASN'T announced by the organization... thanks for clarifying that guys.

I also believe the poster who said it was probably Tua's camp "he calls mom, gf, manager, etc" but that also just seems like a lack of oversight. Hate to say it, but this would have never leaked if it was the Patriots... Just silly to me. Oh well.

I actually have been trying to dive into fins podcasts as I have a lot of windshield time working in outside sales. I tried listening to this and the end of it was just brutal. I was actually so mad. I am not wasting my time anymore; the first time was enough
Locked on Dolphins with Kyle Crabbs. My favorite Phins podcast

I find it funny that anyone is thinking the Rams are getting ready for a rookie with 2 pass plays of tape. When they should be getting ready for a 5-1 Bears team. Yes I know the Bears are a below average 5-1 team. But this isn’t college football where you can overlook a cupcake team to get ready for a top 10 opponent.

I find it funny that anyone is thinking the Rams are getting ready for a rookie with 2 pass plays of tape. When they should be getting ready for a 5-1 Bears team. Yes I know the Bears are a below average 5-1 team. But this isn’t college football where you can overlook a cupcake team to get ready for a top 10 opponent.
I think they are talking about all the time the rams will have on their hands after the bears game (lol).

no way they are thinking about us now.

Somehow in 3 pages of this thread I feel like one of the more obvious answers hasn't been mentioned...

-Tua sells tickets
-Tua sells jerseys
-Tua builds excitement

The more time you have, the more of those 3 things happen.

I was thinking about going to the Rams game, tickets could be had for like $75. As soon as he was announced starter, needless to say those tickets are GONE. Cheapest now is several hundred.

I don't think this was necessarily a strategic blunder or a leak. All the college footage in the world isn't gonna help the Rams prepare for Tua. He hasn't played in a year, and he's part of an entirely new system. But I'd say it's pretty undeniable that has the fanbase the most excited it's been in a loooong time.

Somehow in 3 pages of this thread I feel like one of the more obvious answers hasn't been mentioned...

-Tua sells tickets
-Tua sells jerseys
-Tua builds excitement

The more time you have, the more of those 3 things happen.

I was thinking about going to the Rams game, tickets could be had for like $75. As soon as he was announced starter, needless to say those tickets are GONE. Cheapest now is several hundred.

I don't think this was necessarily a strategic blunder or a leak. All the college footage in the world isn't gonna help the Rams prepare for Tua. He hasn't played in a year, and he's part of an entirely new system. But I'd say it's pretty undeniable that has the fanbase the most excited it's been in a loooong time.
So tickets are available from the official Dolphins site?

Or do you mean season ticket holders selling those tickets, like on StubHub or somesuch? No one in the Miami Dolphins organization cares about season ticket holders being able to resell their tickets for a higher price.

Yep.

I said the same on twitter.

It’s freaking hilarious. For the first few weeks the unsilent majority was asking why Tua wasn’t playing like his rookie QB peers. Now those same people are asking, “why is he playing now?”. Lol.

Also, if I hear another of these uninformed media people preach how great Fitzpatrick was playing I’ll vomit day-glo.

It’s clear these people don’t watch all of the games. Fitz is a good dude. A great mentor for Tua. But let’s be real about his supposed stellar play.

One game was against the Jets, who are the worst team in the league and not fully trying to win. One game was against a depleted 49ers team, who were minus like 8 defensive starters and their QB wasn’t quite ready to return this played a poor half.

Does anybody remember the 5 FG game where the offense stalled time and time again against a mediocre at best Seattle defense? At home no less?? Does anybody remember the Pats or Bills games where Fitz left many plays on the field?

Most of all, do these people really pretend to not know Fitzpatrick career history? IIRC it was Kyle Brandt that correctly mentioned how many times we’ve all seen this movie over the past 15-years. We know how it plays out.

He looks great for several games, but eventually regresses into Fitztragic. That’s why he’s been on 8 teams in 15 years and has no playoff starts to speak of. And despite 3-3, the postseason wasn’t gonna happen this season either with Fitz at the helm.

Lastly, I LMAO over Fitz saying he felt this was “his team”. Seriously? This dude went to Harvard and really thinks that??? I get it. Player’s like him. Everywhere he’s been. But no team has really ever been his team. Even when he was younger. Which is why he’s been on 8 teams.

He’s freaking 37. Has no playoff track record. And knew it was Tua’s team the moment they drafted him at 5. He may have thought he was gonna get a bit more time until the ride was over, but that’s how things go.

This was never his team nor was it ever gonna be. No matter how much the younger kids love his enthusiasm and willingness to put his body on the line. He has to do that stuff to compensate for the lack of raw talent. The guy throws one type of pass. And eventually it starts to get intercepted.

The Dolphins did the right thing by selling stock when they did. They got the most return on investment they could have hoped to get.

And yet Miami is further along than most people could imagine.

And a lot of it is because of said QB. Rosen would not have gotten this team to this point now.

Trashing Fitzpatrick is petty at this point.

Back
Top Bottom